BD Spec 1.1, 2.0 & Live aka PIP. When will we see this Feature? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-11-2008, 09:38 AM

Default BD Spec 1.1, 2.0 & Live aka PIP. When will we see this Feature?

I'm one of the few that wants In-Movie Experience, Heads Up Display aka PIP/Others.

When will see this? Is it still not ready?

I know Paramount didn't have time for Cloverfield and it's been reported that a Special Edition with Spec will later be available.

Is this what we can expect in the coming months using this Feature, delays? Releasing the Barebones just to meet Day & Date with DVD.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:27 AM

I just wish fox wouldn't leave out features for the Aus/Euro releases that are on the U.S. versions. I bought Sunshine after reading the review on here, and was disappointed to find out there was no PiP on it.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Banned

There are already a few Blu-ray releases with true PIP.

Resident Evil: Extinction
Sunshine
War

Many other releases also have PIP that does not require a Blu-ray player with Profile 1.1.

3:10 to Yuma
Crank
Descent, The
Hairspray
Pan's Labyrinth
Rush Hour 3
Shoot 'Em Up

Also, it is worth mentioning that Saw IV (which was released on January 22) has a "MovieLog" feature that requires a Profile 2.0 Blu-ray player. Although no player released is yet able to playback the feature.