3:10 to Yuma packaging is horrible - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-23-2008, 10:21 PM

Default 3:10 to Yuma packaging is horrible

Well I got it yesterday, and I was taking off the plastic sticker which seals the top and bottom. When I took off the bottom one, it left residue on the plastic covering of the boxart. When I took off the top sticker it took off part of the Blu-ray icon at the top of the case. This packaging is horrible, anyone else have the same problem?
Old 01-23-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Against View Post
Well I got it yesterday, and I was taking off the plastic sticker which seals the top and bottom. When I took off the bottom one, it left residue on the plastic covering of the boxart. When I took off the top sticker it took off part of the Blu-ray icon at the top of the case. This packaging is horrible, anyone else have the same problem?
Take it back and get another. No, I didn't have the same problem with this title, but I have had the problem in the past. I'm usually very careful about that sort of thing now, because the residue pisses me off too.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:31 PM

I didnt have any problems, but it was annoying trying to get all 3 stickers off
Old 01-23-2008, 10:33 PM

yeah, why 3 stickers? Its silly. Residue was left on the bottom of my copy also
Old 01-23-2008, 10:36 PM

This is why I inspect that packaging when buying my High-Def's.

When I ask my brother to pick up a title for me, I told him to make sure the Security Tags are not in the way. When he was looking, a sales person came up him and told him they are all the same. LOL

He was embarrassed and told me that was the last time!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:47 PM

Bought my copy at Wal-Mart today and it had the stickers that left residue on the bottom of the case.

Best solution is to use Goo-Gone, but it's a hassle.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:52 PM

Easiest way to get the residue off is to take the tap that you pull off, press it against the residue, and pull it back off. It may take a few attempts to get it all off, but it works like a charm.

However, the blu logo tearing off is a pain. I've had it fade the logo, but never remove all of it. I did have that happen with my copy of Children of Men HD-DVD Combo disc though and it looks horrible =( Distributors need to get their act together and use the same cases that Disney uses.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Banned

The top sticker also took off part of the logo for me. Even though I was trying to be careful and knew it would happen if I wasn't careful. It did no good.

There is also a substance on the side of the case that not even Goo Gone will get rid of. The worst part about this whole thing IMO is that no place yet sells the thicker, Elite branded Blu-ray cases (as a replacement).
Old 01-24-2008, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scripture View Post
Take it back and get another. No, I didn't have the same problem with this title, but I have had the problem in the past. I'm usually very careful about that sort of thing now, because the residue pisses me off too.
I feel like the people at Best Buy won't give me another one for something as small as this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX View Post
The top sticker also took off part of the logo for me. Even though I was trying to be careful and knew it would happen if I wasn't careful. It did no good.

There is also a substance on the side of the case that not even Goo Gone will get rid of. The worst part about this whole thing IMO is that no place yet sells the thicker, Elite branded Blu-ray cases (as a replacement).
Is Lionsgate the only company that adds these extra stickers?
Old 01-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Formerly MrENGLISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Against View Post
I feel like the people at Best Buy won't give me another one for something as small as this...

Is Lionsgate the only company that adds these extra stickers?
I don't think they are the only one who has used 3 stickers but they are def the only one who do it All-the-f'n-time!!!! As far as the logo thing goes, it's not the case that is the problem. There is a version of the sticker that purposely avoids the logo area. It should be mandatory that all titles use this label version.