Spider-Man HD Trilogy packaging variation at Target - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-23-2007, 09:17 PM

Default Spider-Man HD Trilogy packaging variation at Target

This is probably a trivial issue to most, but I'll go ahead and mention it anyway since it's probably important to someone...

I've seen the Spider-Man trilogy set at Target in different packaging from the usual slipcover box with three BD cases. This one is in a BD case that's a bit thicker than usual, but thinner than I'd expect for a four-disc set, though from reading the specs on the back of the packaging it appears to still have all four discs and everything on them found in copies of the set obtained elsewhere. It's apparently just a slim 4-disc case in a cardboard sleeve - no separate cases for each movie. From the sticker at the top of the packaging (the one that seals the case at the top, and has the title of the release), this version of the set appears to be Target-specific. There don't seem to be any of the usual vendor exclusives like bonus discs or whatnot; just a different, slimmer package that brings all the discs together in one case. It's perhaps half the thickness of the usual version, so I'd guess some would prefer it just for the shelf space savings, though others might prefer the regular set for looks (easier to tell from a glance that it's three movies instead of one, individual package art for each movie, etc.).

I'm sure I'm not the first here to notice this, but I haven't seen the topic addressed here before, so... here it is.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:01 PM

Was the artwork on the front the same as the artwork on the front of the cardboard sleeve that holds all three movies in the normal packaging? (I actually like hearing about this kind of stuff. :] )
Old 11-24-2007, 01:51 PM

I believe it was the same art of Spidey swinging over a decidedly blue-cast NYC, but I'll double-check the next time I go.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:40 PM

If you look around Target, a lot of their movie sets are in slim packs. I'm surprised to know that they do this with HDM too.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Formerly MrENGLISH

since Target uses special shelving to hold their movies (actually its to limit how many cases can be grabbed at once to slow down potential mass stealing), I can see them requiring a special slim version that would fit into their shelving.