Blu-ray live chat channel on IRC - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-26-2007, 08:41 AM

Default Blu-ray live chat channel on IRC

I made this post over at Blu-ray.com and will do so here. If an op would like to sticky this that would be great.

I have started a live chat channel in #blu-ray on IRC (Internet Relay Chat). For all of those die hard Blu-ray fans, this is a great opportunity to talk with friends and other individuals whom have the same interests as you when dealing with HDM. To gain access you must do the following:

1) Download mIRC client
2) Run the mIRC application and configure it
3) In the main window type: /server irc.blessed.net or as an alternate server irc.easynews.com
4) Once connected to the server type: /join #blu-ray

I have added channel commands. They are listed below.
!news - obtain the latest news items from Blu-ray.com
!reviews - view the most recent Blu-ray reviews from High-Def Digest
!amazon - view the newly listed Blu-ray movies on Amazon

I will be adding a "dictionary" in the near future allowing users to search for terms in the channel such as HDMI, Blu-ray, OAR, etc to receive a definition as a response. This will make the channel more interactive and allow others to learn.

Rules:
1) No disrespecting other users. I know the forums can be brutal at times but this channel isn't a place to disrespect others.
2) No posting links to offensive material
3) Anything else that I determine in the future...

I hope to see everyone there. I love the forums and this is just another way for us to talk about the Blu-ray format. The channel is somewhat dead at the moment so please bare with it. PM me if you have any questions. Enjoy!

Last edited by lokus; 08-26-2007 at 11:43 AM.