Tai Chi Hero, Monster Hunt 3D Blu-rays listed on Best Buy website - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-14-2016, 10:42 AM

Default Tai Chi Hero, Monster Hunt 3D Blu-rays listed on Best Buy website

Wow, what's up with this? Are we actually going to get some North-American releases of 3D Asian films again, or are these imports or third party sellers, putting stuff on best buy? Maybe just a listing error?

Monster Hunt Order, Best Buy

Tai Chi Hero Order, Best Buy

The above are listed as back-ordered, but it allows you to order them now, to get them shipped by the end of December, according to the site this morning. I hope this is legit, and I know many people are probably wanting stuff like the Detective Dee 3D film, which had a limited pressing and disappeared from production overnight, for whatever reasons. I'd also like to see a legit English-language copy of Sorcerer and the White Snake. I had a chance to buy a steelbook of that long ago, but they pretty much all disappeared, and I have my suspicions that even the steelbooks were bootlegs.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:05 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I take it Monster Hunter in dubbed English was never made available in 3D.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
I take it Monster Hunter in dubbed English was never made available in 3D.
I'm not sure if Monster Hunt has been released at all before this, in North America. It's listed as being released by Filmrise. Tai Chi Hero, however, was released on 2D blu-ray, by Well GO USA. I don't think either of the best buy ones are listed as having an English dub.

Another interesting thing to note is that amazon is doing an English-language BD-R of Monster Hunt, Manufacturing on demand. At least one review says that there is no 3D at all in the version he/she got. So, it could be some type of bootleg they're selling there. It's also listed as a Filmrise release. So, maybe it's best to wait it out and see if these are legit or if the 3D is just a terrible conversion.

Monster Hunt 3D, AMAZON, English language

I guess I'll have to check the net and see if there are any 3D reviews or opinions on this film..
Old 11-15-2016, 11:59 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Monster Hunter was on my 'interest' list in August so yes the 3D version is a surprise.

Original 2D English release, also listed as a BD-R:
https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Hunt-...dp/B01GSR984M/
Old 12-04-2016, 08:57 AM

Monkey King 2 3D now listed on best buy