Inferno 3D Blu-ray coming out in the UK, Region B locked though - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-25-2014, 07:23 PM

Default Inferno 3D Blu-ray coming out in the UK, Region B locked though

Inferno 3D Blu-ray/Panamint UK

Another classic 3D film is coming out in August 10th, 2014. The pre-order should be up between now and then. It is locked to region B, and it likely will not see an amazon release. So, you'll probably have to order it from Panamint themselves. Who is Panamint? I don't know, but it looks like a Scottish version of Twilight Time/Screen Archives.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:17 AM

Pre-orders are now live on the panamint site. It ends up being around $43.84 shipped to America.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:43 AM

Panamint is affiliated with Paramount (from what I was told)

Do we know for sure it is region locked b?? Still hearing that this release could indeed be region free. I just don't understand how Paramount can make this film region b locked...and it is an American film!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
Panamint is affiliated with Paramount (from what I was told)

Do we know for sure it is region locked b?? Still hearing that this release could indeed be region free. I just don't understand how Paramount can make this film region b locked...and it is an American film!!!
Yes, it's 100% going to be locked to region B. Inferno is a Fox title, and since they have a working relationship with Twilight Time, Panamint is contractually obligated to region lock it. There are rumors that TT either has the film on hold for release in the states OR are considering releasing it. The problem is that TT probably doesn't have Inferno on top of their 3D priority list. If I remember correctly, it's one of those old dance or musicals: Miss Sadie Thompson.

They're also considering Gun Fury and Mad Magician. So, even if they do release Inferno, it could be two, three, or four 3D releases away. How long will it be? Months? Years? Never? If Man in the Dark would have sold good enough, they probably would have already announced something.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
Yes, it's 100% going to be locked to region B. Inferno is a Fox title, and since they have a working relationship with Twilight Time, Panamint is contractually obligated to region lock it. There are rumors that TT either has the film on hold for release in the states OR are considering releasing it. The problem is that TT probably doesn't have Inferno on top of their 3D priority list. If I remember correctly, it's one of those old dance or musicals: Miss Sadie Thompson.

They're also considering Gun Fury and Mad Magician. So, even if they do release Inferno, it could be two, three, or four 3D releases away. How long will it be? Months? Years? Never? If Man in the Dark would have sold good enough, they probably would have already announced something.
Thanks for clarification and explanation Malakai
Old 09-13-2014, 03:08 AM

Quote:

This has been making the rounds around the net. Hope it turns out to be true.

News from Panamint Cinema:

Dear Roland

You will be pleased to learn that Fox have agreed to "Inferno" being produced region free.

Release date has not been set, but will be sometime in November.

Spread the word.

Best wishes

Russell
Old 09-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Why has Paramint not updated their product page yet?
Or is this an unadvertised feature?
Old 09-13-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
This has been making the rounds around the net. Hope it turns out to be true.

News from Panamint Cinema:

Dear Roland

You will be pleased to learn that Fox have agreed to "Inferno" being produced region free.

Release date has not been set, but will be sometime in November.

Spread the word.

Best wishes

Russell
Does this mean that Panamint is doing another pressing, with Fox's blessing? If so, that probably means Twilight Time decided not to license it for US release.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Does this mean that Panamint is doing another pressing, with Fox's blessing? If so, that probably means Twilight Time decided not to license it for US release.
Thats how I interpreted it: that this will be another and seperate release (with Fox's approval) for sometime in November.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:03 AM

Got my Panamint release of Inferno today and guess what?? It played on my Sony 2D blu player!! Got to the screen where it says it cant play because it is from another region, I pushed the 'top menu' button on my Sony blu remote, and the main menu of Inferno popped up instantly!! So..it appears that Panamint's release of Inferno is not as region b locked as once thought..there is a way around it.