Six Star Wars 3D Blu-ray Placeholders on amazon.co.uk! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-25-2014, 06:40 PM

Default Six Star Wars 3D Blu-ray Placeholders on amazon.co.uk!

Placeholders have been put on amazon UK. Speculation abound, no definitive rumors or information. It was said that the studios actually had the Attack of the Clones conversion completed when the theatrical releases were cancelled. Did Disney or Fox continue to convert them, even if not for theatrical releases?

Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Episode IV: A New Hope
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
Old 07-25-2014, 07:20 PM

Very interesting...

I can't believe they stopped just because Phantom Menace bombed. Had they not gotten the memo that Phantom Menace is not only the most hated Star Wars film, but one of the most hated sci-fi films period? Of course it was going to bomb. Attack of the Clones would have done much more business, Sith even more, and the original trilogy back on big screens would have made major bank.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:29 PM

Star Wars Episodes I-III 3D conversions screening in Anaheim, in April

Looks like those first three conversions must, in fact, have been completed by Lucas, before he sold off the rights to Disney. Could this mean Disney is going to go ahead and release the prequels, in 3D, on blu-ray? If it does, it probably won't be in the US, looking at how they've handled 3D lately.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:37 PM

Make sure to sign the Change.org petition that addresses Disney and their decision to release 3D bluray everywhere else in the world except for North America....I wish I could share the link here but haven't posted enough yet to do so. If anyone else can share it, it would be much appreciated. Those that like 3D home releases (and even those that just support having choices in home entertainment) should sign and support the petition...otherwise, we might see other companies follow Disney's lead, as odd as it seems to be.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:14 AM

Is this the petition?

https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-di...trical-release
Old 01-22-2015, 12:15 AM

Seems like a small petition. Only needs 500 signatures. I've seen petitions on there needing tens of thousands of signatures before anything gets done.