Abrams to shoot Episode VII on 35mm kodak film - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-26-2013, 06:29 PM

Default Abrams to shoot Episode VII on 35mm kodak film

Abrams to shoot VII in 35mm

Well, I was hoping that Disney would be sensible enough to make sure the next star wars film would be shot in natively in 3D. Even conversions are considered easier when they're shot digitally. It doesn't mean it can't or won't get a conversion. In fact, it probably will get a conversion, but why not do it right from the get go?

I didn't have high hopes for VII with Abrams behind it, but true stereoscopic 3D may have been tempting enough for me to go see it on the big screen. I don't expect everyone here to agree with me. Some of you are Abrams fanatics. Some of you like film over digital. Some of you may think that 3D is a gimmick. Of course, you're viewing this message in a 3D forum. So, hopefully the latter is not the case. I like to consider 3D as an experience. Occasionally, it's a wild ride.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
Abrams to shoot VII in 35mm

Well, I was hoping that Disney would be sensible enough to make sure the next star wars film would be shot in natively in 3D. Even conversions are considered easier when they're shot digitally. It doesn't mean it can't or won't get a conversion. In fact, it probably will get a conversion, but why not do it right from the get go?

I didn't have high hopes for VII with Abrams behind it, but true stereoscopic 3D may have been tempting enough for me to go see it on the big screen. I don't expect everyone here to agree with me. Some of you are Abrams fanatics. Some of you like film over digital. Some of you may think that 3D is a gimmick. Of course, you're viewing this message in a 3D forum. So, hopefully the latter is not the case. I like to consider 3D as an experience. Occasionally, it's a wild ride.
Abrams has become overrated. His movies have followed a similar formula. I didn't like what he did with the latest Star Trek but then again, I am in the minority.

I'm sure people will wet themselves over this. I still have HIGH hopes for VII and still believe he will do better than that asshole Lucas.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:35 AM

One of the things that irks me about Abrams was when of the interviews he did, he mentioned that he wasn't a star trek fan and that he didn't ever understand it. His version of doing it justice was to simplify the hell out of it so that everyone in the audience could understand it. Maybe the mainstream loved that about it, I don't know, but I'm sure it pissed off some of the diehard trek fans.

It could be worse, I suppose.. Mr. 'I am right, I am perfect, and if you don't agree, you're wrong' could have directed it.. Yes, I'm talking about Michael Bay.