Landy is offline Go Jets Go!

Default 'House of Wax - 3D' is coming October 1

Last edited by Landy; 06-04-2013 at 06:10 PM.

malakai is offline Member

Damn that's a long wait. I hope they don't mess up this like they messed up the restoration of Dial M for Murder. House of Wax has the potential to be what every single classic blu-ray 3D release could be compared to in the future, in terms of video quality. I would hate to be the person that messes that up.

taygan315 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by malakai View Post
    Damn that's a long wait. I hope they don't mess up this like they messed up the restoration of Dial M for Murder. House of Wax has the potential to be what every single classic blu-ray 3D release could be compared to in the future, in terms of video quality. I would hate to be the person that messes that up.
    I was going to post the same thing regarding Dial M. This title needs to be done right for 3D. I heard that Creature From The Black Lagoon was a top notch 3D presentation. They need to do the same for House Of Wax. Great to hear it's on the way.
    My mancave:

Display - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
    Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590, Sony PS3 320GB
    Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd), MacBook Pro 17" i5 750GB

Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)

"When your winning, fight like your losing"

taygan315 is offline Member

This is probably my most anticipated blu release this year!!! Now.....if we can get a confirmation that Revenge Of The Creature Of The Black Lagoon is getting prepped for a 3D Blu release in the near future....life will be PERFECT,lol!!
    My mancave:

Display - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
    Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590, Sony PS3 320GB
    Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd), MacBook Pro 17" i5 750GB

Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)

"When your winning, fight like your losing"

David Susilo is offline Member

Whatbwrong with Dial M? I'm curious to know. I have Creatures and I love the 3D presentation. Although it's gimmicky, I findnit to be more pleasing and less headache nducing than the modern 3D movies.
    Follow my A/V twitter @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, Control4, HAA certified; CEDIA trainer.
    my home theatre

malakai is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post
    Whatbwrong with Dial M? I'm curious to know. I have Creatures and I love the 3D presentation. Although it's gimmicky, I findnit to be more pleasing and less headache nducing than the modern 3D movies.
    Dial M 3-D Review

The video quality was terrible on Dial M for Murder. It's about as good as a VHS tape recorded in 1977. The review gave the video quality 2.5 stars. I probably would have went with one. There didn't seem to be much depth in the film, and the colors were pretty bland. From what I've heard, this presentation doesn't represent how good the film was when it was shown theatrically. Either that or people just don't remember.

Creature of the Black Lagoon, on the other hand, is one of the best 3D presentations, modern or otherwise so far.

shanebond is offline Banned

sorry for catching up with the post so late .. but i was looking for some good horror movie in 3D format .. and here i get one .. will have it for sure for a show tonight.. have fun.