Which of the 3D summer movies do you think will get released on 3D Blu ray? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-24-2011, 11:35 PM

Default Which of the 3D summer movies do you think will get released on 3D Blu ray?

Which do you think will be released on 3d blu ray? If you have any knowledge or reasoning for your guesses feel free to share! Here is the complete list of 3D movies coming out this summer. I will write my guesses next to each one.

Thor I think it probably will, but I'm not overly confident. Paramount has been stingy thus far with 3D Blu ray.

Priest I bet it will be released. Sony has not been stingy.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides I bet it will be released. Disney has also not been stingy.

Kung Fu Panda 2 I believe Dreamworks Animation has an alliance with Samgsung so I am guessing it will be an exclusive.

Green Lantern I think it will be released.

Cars 2 I think this will be released.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Not sure yet. I can picture it being an exclusive plus dreamworks has been releasing many exclusives and paramount is stingy.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II It probably will be released. But I'm not too confident with this one either.

Captain America Same as Thor

The Smurfs I bet it will be.

Final Destination 5 Nearly positive it will be

Spy Kids 4 I bet it will be

Fright Night I bet it will be

Conan the Barbarian I bet it will be
Old 05-24-2011, 11:43 PM

Double Post
Old 05-24-2011, 11:43 PM

Everything you have listed but Captain America. Dont be surprised if you do see Transformers 3 as an exclusive.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:45 PM

Why not Captain America? I figured that if Thor was released, Captain America would as well...
Old 05-25-2011, 08:57 AM

It just sad that the CEs and studios have created an environment where people have to hypothesize which movies will be released on 3D Blu-Ray.

As for Thor and Cap, those are Marvel productions with Paramount serving as distributor. So hopefully the decision on 3D is left to Marvel. Granted, I don't know what their take on home 3D is, but it certainly can't be worse than Paramount's.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraysGreat View Post
Cars 2 I think this will be released.
I'm nost sure about this one. Pixar didn't give us Toy Story 3.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:37 AM

I say yes on everything except the Paramount titles.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I'm not sure about this one. Pixar didn't give us Toy Story 3.
Disney stated at CES that they would be releasing 15 3D BDs in the year 2011. So far they have released every 3D movie that was in the theaters in 2011.