Comprehensive 3D Projectors Guide? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-14-2011, 11:36 AM

Default Comprehensive 3D Projectors Guide?

It seems like most 3D televisions are HDMI 1.4 compliant and are compatible with Blu-ray 3D specifications (except those Mits. DLPs), but when it comes to projectors, there are very few offerrings for Blu-ray compliance, but a ton of product out there.

Does anyone know or have a concise list of all the '3D ready' projectors which are on the market and which flavors of 3D that they support?

Strangely, LG I believe supports all flavors of 3D with their '3D ready' projectors, but they don't have a cheaper 1080p model. Their XGA business projector supports HDMI 1.4 with DLP link and 3D... but I'm not sure anyone else in that price class does.

Notably, how do people with projectors like the HD66 (Optoma) or similar get any 3D content to their projector?

I was hoping that last year we would see a lot more 3D home theater projectors hit the market since 120hz DLP and LCD is out there, but it seems like we are in a wait-and-hold situation with the cheaper models, and those which are out there under $3,000 aren't typically compliant with HDMI 1.4 frame packing and NO information about what they do support is in place or even provided by the manufacturers.

Would like to put together a solid, definitive list.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Formerly "HDTV Addict"

In the case of the Optoma, the 3D-XL is the solution. Should be released shortly.

http://www.optoma.eu/projectordetail...nment&PC=3D-XL

For 1080P 3D PJ's you the the Sony and a few JVC models. And whatever other brands may have been announced - see threads started in this forum. I don't really follow them.

Here is a site that does announce new product (PJs):

http://www.aboutprojectors.com/news/

Last edited by Lee Stewart; 02-14-2011 at 02:41 PM.