Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoneix and Half Blood Prince 3D coming!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-13-2010, 03:46 PM

Default Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix and Half Blood Prince 3D Blu-ray coming!!

No news of a street date or whether or not these will be re-released in theaters. Speculation that all the Harry Potter films are going to get the 3D treatment as well.

www.blu-ray.com
Old 10-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Former Member

saw that, but those are a long ways off. also, keep this in mind: those are the next two titles to get ULTIMATE editions. will the 3d be in those? will it be ANOTHER release (making triple dips, not counting the 3 box sets that have contained part 5 and the one box set w/ 6)?

good time to be a HP fan.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
saw that, but those are a long ways off. also, keep this in mind: those are the next two titles to get ULTIMATE editions. will the 3d be in those? will it be ANOTHER release (making triple dips, not counting the 3 box sets that have contained part 5 and the one box set w/ 6)?

good time to be a HP fan.
Why cant things be easy and simple,lol. Thanks bluster.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Former Member

if things were easy and simple, then we wouldn't have to buy new 3d tv's. rebuy discs every format change. so on so forth.

i'd want these, very much, but i'd not pay 40 bucks per just for the 3d's. hope they have a good price. if so, they'd be among the best films on the subformat. considering they're 2 of the worst potter films, that's saying something.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:05 PM

I really don't understand why I am seeing a bunch of hatred towards this announcement. People are so quick to hate on this. This is the first time this is being done give them a chance before you throw your stones guys. For 3DTV to be successful they are going to HAVE to convert 2D movies to 3D Blu-ray it is inevitable.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSelleck View Post
I really don't understand why I am seeing a bunch of hatred towards this announcement. People are so quick to hate on this. This is the first time this is being done give them a chance before you throw your stones guys. For 3DTV to be successful they are going to HAVE to convert 2D movies to 3D Blu-ray it is inevitable.
Completely agree. Its not like the 2D is going anywhere, and if 3DTVs do take off, the only way, with the exception of a few exclusive 3D stations, is Blu-Ray. This should really push the market for more Blu-Ray content. If you don't want the 3D versions, you don't have to buy them, and its my understanding that if you do buy a 3D verison, it still plays in 2D on 2D equipment. Why alll the hostility?