What 3D movie did you just watch? - Page 88 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-10-2018, 11:15 AM

Valerian and the city of a thousand planets and Zootopia.

Zootopia is a solid 3D title, definitely a little bit different than what I was expecting but also more entertaining than I thought it would be.

Valerian, well, I'm not sure if this is a conversion or a hybrid, but it's medium to high 3D generally throughout, sometimes with extremely strong (eye strain) 3D scenes. The problem with getting a region A (or all region) release is that the Russian version, which is widely available, doesn't have an English track, and when some of the other (A or all region) versions pop up, they can be expensive. Fortunately, I was able to get the HK region A version, which seems to be out of stock more than in stock, but I guess I just got lucky with the timing, as it was a little cheaper than other versions. I bought the Russian version awhile back, not knowing it didn't have English. So, I guess it's just something to put in my collection...
Old 10-13-2018, 11:16 AM

Solo: a star wars story.... I loved the film, but let's talk about the 3D. The movie is mostly dark scenes, but the 3D is pretty mild in a lot of the shots, with some medium to strong 3D here and there.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:27 AM

The Meg... It's been awhile since I've watched a 3D film, due to life, having a family, etc... I'm not sure how the 3D really made the meg any better. There are some good 3D scenes in it, but there are also a lot of dark scenes too. I was surprised that the end credits actually had more popout than the whole movie, with water bubbles or something rolling over the credits. I would imagine that, the bigger the screen, the better the experience, when it comes to watching a huge, killer megalodon shark in 3D. I thought the movie was good, not great, entertaining if cheesy at times. If I ever build an outdoor projection screen, it'd probably be on the list of titles to view outdoors, on a 20' screen, albeit probably not on the top of my list.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:40 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

BUMP - Thread UNSTUCK til issue is fixed.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:05 AM

Pacific Rim: Uprising
Old 03-29-2019, 10:02 PM

It makes objects look as if they have actual depth, rather then the simulated DOF that non-3D films do. However, when the film is converted to 3D rather then filmed the effect might be the opposite intention, making the film look less realistic. In my opinions you’re not missing out on very much, as I enjoy the films for what they are rather then the experience.