Panasonic’s 3Ds Launch Wednesday – At Half the Japanese Price - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-09-2010, 08:57 PM
darczap's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,499
Default

It's still a niche market, and $2500 for what you're getting isn't bad at all. However, I don't predict demand to be excessive, so watch for even further price cuts on the Panny models, or other 3D models as well.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Lee Stewart's Avatar
Formerly "HDTV Addict"
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darczap View Post
It's still a niche market, and $2500 for what you're getting isn't bad at all. However, I don't predict demand to be excessive, so watch for even further price cuts on the Panny models, or other 3D models as well.
LOL! Stereoscopic Full HD Per Eye 3DTV's "officially" go on sale tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-09-2010, 10:11 PM
darczap's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
LOL! Stereoscopic Full HD Per Eye 3DTV's "officially" go on sale tomorrow.
There are 3D ready HDTV sets for sale on the market already and people are buying them, steroscopic excluded.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Lee Stewart's Avatar
Formerly "HDTV Addict"
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darczap View Post
There are 3D ready HDTV sets for sale on the market already and people are buying them, steroscopic excluded.
And what 3D content have they had available to them? 3D games most from a PC.

And DLP 3D ready HDTVs use the Checkerboard 3D format for presentation. That is 1/2 resolution. There are 4 million of them though no one knows how many actually use the 3D ready feature.

And what happens to your "niche market" when they turn 10+ million PS3's overnight into 3D BD players?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-09-2010, 10:31 PM
darczap's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
And what 3D content have they had available to them? 3D games most from a PC.

And DLP 3D ready HDTVs use the Checkerboard 3D format for presentation. That is 1/2 resolution. There are 4 million of them though no one knows how many actually use the 3D ready feature.

And what happens to your "niche market" when they turn 10+ million PS3's overnight into 3D BD players?
I'm not saying that the format will succeed, I'm just saying there is a small market for 3D ready HDTV's, hence the use of the term niche. This is a thread about the Panasonic 3D ready plasma right?

I did read that Sony wants to offer a 3D firmware update. I don't like the fact of it, as I really don't plan on utilizing 3D anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Johnnyma45's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 207
Default

Not sure if it's been said already, but in the demo I attended I forgot to mention that the rep said that current HDMI cables won't work...one would need to buy HDMI 1.4 cables.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-10-2010, 01:44 AM
Lee Stewart's Avatar
Formerly "HDTV Addict"
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 View Post
Not sure if it's been said already, but in the demo I attended I forgot to mention that the rep said that current HDMI cables won't work...one would need to buy HDMI 1.4 cables.
That's BS. All you need is a Cat 2 high speed rated HDMI cable.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-10-2010, 05:11 AM
jah02g's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 185
Default

just so im clear on this, am I going to need a new A/V receiver for 3D?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-10-2010, 07:39 AM
taygan315's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,536
Default

This has all the makings of another format war. No set standard, cant use one brand's 3D glasses on another's 3D set.

Thanks for the Sony link, Lee. $3200 for a 40''!! I dont know..you do get 2 pair of 3D glasses. So far, Samsung and Panasonic have the my attention. Sony..I'm losing you.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Lee Stewart's Avatar
Formerly "HDTV Addict"
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jah02g View Post
just so im clear on this, am I going to need a new A/V receiver for 3D?
Maybe. Not yet 100% determined
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Last Week's Japanese Vita Sales Barely Rate Compared to the 3DS Brian Hoss Game Room 13 11-15-2012 09:12 PM
The 3DS XL Sells Nearly 200k During Japanese Launch TheDickWard Game Room 0 07-31-2012 07:17 PM
Ambassador 3DS system + 2 top tier 3DS games FS project-blu Video Game Exchange 5 01-24-2012 01:06 PM
Brand New - Black Nintendo 3DS Bundle with Extended Battery and 5 3DS Games bigbadwolfe911 Video Game Exchange 0 12-05-2011 05:00 PM
WTT Aqua Blue 3DS for Cosmo Black 3DS JoeBel Video Game Exchange 0 06-03-2011 12:41 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off