Old 10-27-2019, 12:41 AM

With orders and pre-orders, I'm at 368:

356: Alita: Battle Angel - 4k/3D combo
357: Despicable Me 3 (Aus)
358: Avengers: Endgame (UK)
359: Aquaman
360: Pokemon Detective Pikachu
361: Parasite
362: Spider-man Far From Home (UK, Pre-ordered)
363: Creature Legacy Collection
364: Lion King (2019, UK, pre-ordered)
365: Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (UK, Pre-ordered)
366: Enchanted Kingdom
367: Long Day's Journey Into Night (pre-ordered)
368: Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald (on order)

I've been wanting the Fantastic Beasts sequel for awhile, but since BBY lowered the price to $19.99 and is now offering their free holiday season shipping promotion, now is the time, I suppose. Hopefully we'll get Rise of the Skywalker, at least in the UK, but there are a few I still would like to get, some I'm looking forward to, if future films get 3D releases. Some of the ones I'm wanting are:

Kung Fu Panda trilogy
Rampage
Shazam
Sword Master (Asian)
TS Spivet
T2: Judgement Day
Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Viy 2 (?)
Abominable
Frozen 2
Birds of Prey
Wonder Woman 84
Black Widow solo/prequel
Guardians of the Galaxy 3

I'd say one potential benefit to 3D films that are being released on 4k UHD is that many UHD discs are including an ATMOS mix with them. So, it's possible to remux an atmos or dts:x mix in to a 3D film now.

Last edited by malakai; 10-27-2019 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:24 PM

So I guess this becomes a Journey to BD-400 thread for me. I know traffic on the HDD forums is slowing down, and the 3D section is just about dead, not to mention the whole 3D scene in the US. Right now, I'm finally moving toward 4k but also keeping a 3D collection and occasionally acquiring new 3D titles. It's not just the (currently) dying 3D trend that's keeping me moving toward 4k but rather family reasons. My kids aren't old enough to wear 3D glasses or keep them on without thinking they're a play toy or torture device, and my other half doesn't really like watching 3D films very much. I'm also hoping/planning to have a third (and in the mindset that that will be my last) child. So, I've found myself having to buy BOTH 3D versions and 4k versions of films, to please everyone.

I'm currently at 370, with Kung Fu Panda and the pre-order of Frozen II (UK) and still plan to purchase more that are already available and others that aren't available as of yet but hopefully will be in the future. It's not going to be hard to go from 370 to 400, but how long that will take, I don't know.

There are probably 10 3D films in my collection that I haven't watched yet, because of the home theater system not being setup yet, but hopefully by Christmas, we'll be up and running. Who knows, busy life!

What may surprise people is that I didn't purchase a single 3D film on black Friday. It's not because there weren't any available. It's just that I had the ones I wanted already from the list. There were several for $6.99 at a variety of websites and retail stores.