Go Back   High-Def Digest Forums > Everything Else > The Water Cooler
Reload this Page A new and spreading disease - bugs in your body...literally
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last>>

Exclamation A new and spreading disease - bugs in your body...literally

It's real, and so far scientists have yet to even start researching (or even acknowledge it). This is pretty disturbing, so I wouldn't recommend it to hypochondriacs lol.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/H...Y&pageId=1.1.1
    "The war is not over"

Universal, now Paramount...FOX anyone?
    If you want to see pictures of a body bug check this out. Not sure if is the same bug.

for more pics go here:http://www.nationalgeographic.com/ph...ugs/index.html
    Why...... So......Serious?
    Those are bugs that are attracted to your skin, the one's the video talks about are actually common, everyday insects that crawl out of a person's skin lol. I've never heard of it but I found the link to the news report last night on a blog.
    "The war is not over"

I took part of an article from 2004 to help some people to understand that we have good and bad microorganism living in our body. This bug that Pat H is talking about if is new they will have to verify that it's not transmissible from person to person, that will be the first step to avoid an epidemic of this bug. I only hope that this bug is not related with any type of disease .What worries me it's not really the bug but the side effects that she may cause.

Here is the Article from the web:

General Science Archive

there are "bugs" that
    live inside our bodies and on the outside surface of our bodies. They are
    very, very small "bugs" and are thus called microorganisms -- because you
    can only see them if you look at them through a powerful microscope. These
    microorganisms, termed the "normal flora" of our human bodies are typically
    good bacteria and good fungi that actually benefit us by living there.
    These little creatures living on our body's surface (i.e. skin, hair,
    eyelashes, etc.) help defend our bodies from the bad bacteria and bad fungi
    that come from the outside world around us. So, they help us fight the bad
    "bugs" that sometimes make us sick. The little creatures that live inside
    our bodies (i.e. stomach, intestines, etc.) do the same and also even help
    us digest the food we eat. So they all help us and we help them by giving
    them a place to live and by giving them food to eat. This relationship we
    have with all of the good microorganisms in/on our bodies is called a
    "symbiotic" relationship because we both benefit from living together,
    helping eachother.
    So much for lunch.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
    My HD list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
    So much for lunch.
    ...... I know.... but dude the word of the medical field is beyond HD for real.
    This sounds like a great premise for a horror flick 'based on true events!'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tejstar View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing. The based on true events line makes a movie twice as effective!
    "The war is not over"

Quote Originally Posted by Tejstar View Post
    We have one already, what about the movie BUG (2007)...
    Quote Originally Posted by nelll View Post
    I took part of an article from 2004 to help some people to understand that we have good and bad microorganism living in our body. This bug that Pat H is talking about if is new they will have to verify that it's not transmissible from person to person, that will be the first step to avoid an epidemic of this bug. I only hope that this bug is not related with any type of disease .What worries me it's not really the bug but the side effects that she may cause.
    But microorganisms do not equal bugs. Bacteria and fungi are completely different from insects.

Also, there are different types of symbiotic relationships. Mutualism, which is the symbiotic relationship experienced between microorganisms, is where both organisms benefit. Commensalism is where one organism benefits and there is no effect on the other. Parasitism is where one organism benefits and the other is harmed.

They probably don't know the physical effects of these bugs on the human body, but I would guess that they're either commensalistic or parasitic, not mutualistic.
    Panasonic PT-AE1000U 1080p LCD Projector
    104" Carada Brilliant White Fixed Frame Screen
    Xbox 360 HD DVD Add-On

HD DVD (34) - List
    Quote Originally Posted by chad5871 View Post
    But microorganisms do not equal bugs. Bacteria and fungi are completely different from insects.

Also, there are different types of symbiotic relationships. Mutualism, which is the symbiotic relationship experienced between microorganisms, is where both organisms benefit. Commensalism is where one organism benefits and there is no effect on the other. Parasitism is where one organism benefits and the other is harmed.

They probably don't know the physical effects of these bugs on the human body, but I would guess that they're either commensalistic or parasitic, not mutualistic.

I did not say that a bug is equal to any bacteria or fungi but microorganisms are all those who are micro visible, you could only see then with a microscope no matter what they are. The article or video title said BODY BUG. The meaning of body bug is very simple. A bug that lives in a human body natively. A bee or a regular bug is not a body bug because even though it can bite and cause damage to us itís not part of a human body. The relationship that you mention is very accurate from biology but I did not made the article from the General Science Archive . The doctor was making his point giving a general idea of a body bug. Believe me my friend I know the difference of microorganisms it' was a test material back in the days.

Hey hold one second. Lets ask the mods to do a Medical Smackdown forum.(just kidding) Chad I just making my point in a friendly manner ok. I do not want to fight with a fellow HD DVD supporter.
    Most people seem to be missing one key point of this video..the woman has numerous species of insects (not common parasites suck as a tape or pin worm) BORROWING out of her skin! I don't know about anyone else, but as far as I know that's not a mutual relationship between bug and host My only guess would be that these people are somehow exposed to eggs that don't die in the digestive system but somehow thrive within the tissue of the body (look up the bot fly for an example). The reporter even said that even a Harvard scientist couldn't find a cause.

I just hope this thing stays rare and doesn't spread
    "The war is not over"

Wow.. Another thing for us to be afraid of/completely change our lives over. How long until we sure 'the cure' commercials?

It's like I mentioned today to someone at work. Everything is bad for you. Might as well live your life one day at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by nelll View Post
    I did not say that a bug is equal to any bacteria or fungi but microorganisms are all those who are micro visible, you could only see then with a microscope no matter what they are. The article or video title said BODY BUG. The meaning of body bug is very simple. A bug that lives in a human body natively. A bee or a regular bug is not a body bug because even though it can bite and cause damage to us itís not part of a human body. The relationship that you mention is very accurate from biology but I did not made the article from the General Science Archive . The doctor was making his point giving a general idea of a body bug. Believe me my friend I know the difference of microorganisms it' was a test material back in the days.

Hey hold one second. Lets ask the mods to do a Medical Smackdown forum.(just kidding) Chad I just making my point in a friendly manner ok. I do not want to fight with a fellow HD DVD supporter.
    Heh, sorry nelll, that's my fault. I suppose I was a little harsh. I felt somewhat confused by your post and wanted to clear things up for my fellow forum-goers. I'm studying Forensic Science with minors in Biology and Chemistry (and I'm pre-med) so I take my science pretty seriously. Please accept my apology and I will try to be a little less difficult in the future.
    Panasonic PT-AE1000U 1080p LCD Projector
    104" Carada Brilliant White Fixed Frame Screen
    Xbox 360 HD DVD Add-On

HD DVD (34) - List
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat H View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing. The based on true events line makes a movie twice as effective!
    This movie will have to be on HD. Can you imagine ho great to exploit bugs in 1080p.? You can even see the hair in the legs of the bugs. Tru HD sound...you can even hear the bugs fart!!!!