Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... Last>>

Default Stanley cup runoff thread....

Not sure if there are any other big hockey fans in here like me, but I'm getting very excited with the run off to the Stanely cup!! My team, the wings just evened out their series against he ducks in a convincing 6-3 spanking. I think that's just the shot in the arm they needed after the past two games (though really game 3 was their weakest by far).

My second team, the Hurricanes are doing a whole hell of a lot better in their series against he Bruins than I thought they would. But I'm not yet convinced that the Bruins didn't just hit a stumbling block like the wings had with the Ducks. I think tonights game will be very telling, there's a fair chance the Hurricanes have what it takes to win the series, but still. The Bruins were tops of the Eastern conference for a reason, they're not going to just hand the series to Carolina.

So anyone else here have their teams in the run off to cup? Who do you think the final match up is going to be between? My money is still Wings/Bruins, and I'm giving the wings the edge to get the cup.
    Toshiba 55" 55HT1U LCD (1080p@24fps) w/Tivo HD, Harmony 880
    HDM Players: Toshiba HD-A30, Samsung BD-P2500 (wow! reon!)
    Onkyo TX-605SR, F Polk Monitor 50s bi-amped, C CS1, Yamaha sur & sub
    X-Box 360, Wii, DreamCast, DS
    HDM Count - Hopless
    Wii: 0774-4826-1902, Disney: Guest13971, WB: crazzeto Uni: Locutus4657 Sony: crazzeto

*view pictures of my home theater and movies (out dated)
    Wings all the way!! There are no second teams, only the Detroit Redwings!!

My family is all from Detroit, so I've been a Redwings fan since birth. Love that team more than any other sports franchise, one of the few teams that can get me to curse at the tv. I hope they repeat, as it would be awesome... great to see Hossa scoring again.
    I only follow Hockey casually but I'm also gunning for the Redwings...
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
    i used to like the flyers, haven't really watched any since college

i think they had roenick back then.......maybe.........i don't remember

PSN/Steam/Live: nmcmahan52
    I hate everyone in this thread now...hahaha only kidding, but you should understand why.
    54" Panasonic TC-P54G25 1080p Plasma
    Sony STR-DG720
    Polk CS2, Monitor 60's, Monitor 30's

650+ SD
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
    I only follow Hockey casually but I'm also gunning for the Redwings...
    Same here, except I'm pulling for the Penguins. I inherited them since they are my buddy's favorite team.
    Proud member of the BATMAN club and the CAT SQUAD... it's not what you think.

In memorium - Waggleton P. Tallylicker - Never Forget
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggytx View Post
    Wings all the way!! There are no second teams, only the Detroit Redwings!!

My family is all from Detroit, so I've been a Redwings fan since birth. Love that team more than any other sports franchise, one of the few teams that can get me to curse at the tv. I hope they repeat, as it would be awesome... great to see Hossa scoring again.
    lol, hell yeah! Honestly I'd really have to rate the wings as one of the best sports clubs ever in history, period! You don't often see a club where everything is aboslutly right from top to bottom like you have with the wings. That's why they've been so strong since the late 90's when the finally emmerged from the deadwings years (though even then they were highly entertaining).
    HDM Count - Hopless
    Wii: 0774-4826-1902, Disney: Guest13971, WB: crazzeto Uni: Locutus4657 Sony: crazzeto

Well I think if the Bruins win tonight that will give them what they need to get going again and should beat Carolina. If they lay an egg like the last game I don't see them winning 3 in a row. That being said if they can get back up to where they were playing for most of the season they will win the cup. That's a big if but they handled the Wings pretty good in the regular season I would be more worried about the Caps then anyone else......Go Bruins....
    Yeah cheif, you're completely right about this game being critical for the Bruins like I believe last nights was for the wings. If you're up material now is the time to pick your self up, dust your self off and get the job done. Despite the fact that I live in Raleigh making Carolina my defacto second time I'd say Boston has what it takes to do it, I'll be kind of impressed if Carolina manages to win it tonight.
    HDM Count - Hopless

I'll tell you one thing, Carolina is playing great hockey so the B's better get their game face on or they will be setting up tee times. I really think the Cains are beating the B's because they seem to be hungrier and are hustling. The last game they were beating the B's to the puck and had them backing up to play defense allot more and you can't score going backwards. We shall see if the B's bring their A game tonight and if not...
    I havnen't been following Carolina/Boston as closely as I have Detroit, but are you just seeing carolina put up more energy and effort or is boston just letting Carolina dictate the game? That's what was going on with the Wings / Ducks till game 4, game 3 was a atrotious to be frank... Miscommunication all over the place leading to turn overs, not the best puck handling, they just weren't playing like the Wings.
    HDM Count - Hopless

Well I think the B's took Carolina to lightly, But Carolina has stepped up their game and got the B's running around and not playing the way they did in the regular season. Ward, the Cains netminder, is playing just as good or better than Thomas and they are feeding off that with more confidence in their offense because they have the trust that Ward will come through if they get caught. That hasn't really happened in the series so far and they are gathering momentum and believe in their ability to play with Boston. The B's need to lay the smackdown on them tonight or the confidence of the Cains will carry them a long way.
    I have to hand it to the canes, ward is an excellent goalie and keeping him all this time is brilliant.
    HDM Count - Hopless

Exactly. Well it's a good thing that the Celtics are on tonight so if I get to the point where I want to throw something at the screen I can change over and hopefully see the Celts win....
    Lol, nice to have backup (and a tv you can throw crap at, I wouldn't throw anything at mine lol)
    HDM Count - Hopless