Default Where can I write a complaint letter to DirecTV?

I just recently got rid of my DirecTV. As I was cancelling, I was told that when I moved last year, I had agreed to another 2 year contract. This was simply untrue as I never signed nor agreed to anything like that. So after about an hour on the phone, it was agreed that we would not be charged an early termination fee. Low and behold a few days later a charge of $223 was on my debit card for the early termination fee. So, my wife called back (the account is in her name) and they said the money would be back in my account in 8 business days. 8 business days was last Wednesday. So my wife called back last Friday and 3 different people told her, they don't refund accounts, they send a check. She called back awhile later and spoke with someone who spoke fluent English and they said my account would be refunded in 8 days. This is day one.

We loved our DirecTV. The only reason we got rid of it was to save some money ($85 a month vs. $13 a month for HD antenna w/ Tivo Service.) I praised the name of DirecTV and told everyone and their mother to switch to DirecTV. I figured one day I would go back to them, but not after this debacle. I feel like I should write a letter to the CEO or the BBB or is it just a waste of time? I'm sure Dish Network or Cable would be no better. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Comments? Thanks for reading my rant!
    Favorite : The Road Warrior
    Favorite : Sister Street Fighter (Double Feature)
    My collection:http://mikey-myers138.dvdaf.com/owned/hd-dvd
    My collection:http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...mikey_myers138
    Cut the Cable!!! Enjoy Free HD OTA TV!!!
    Did you try speaking to the manager?
    Online name for 360, PSN and Steam - Snadinator

Currently Playing: Witcher 2
    Waiting for the coming of Singularity (Synthesis)! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity
    Better Business Beuro
    Toshiba 55" 55HT1U LCD (1080p@24fps) w/Tivo HD, Harmony 880
    HDM Players: Toshiba HD-A30, Samsung BD-P2500 (wow! reon!)
    Onkyo TX-605SR, F Polk Monitor 50s bi-amped, C CS1, Yamaha sur & sub
    X-Box 360, Wii, DreamCast, DS
    HDM Count - Hopless
    Wii: 0774-4826-1902, Disney: Guest13971, WB: crazzeto Uni: Locutus4657 Sony: crazzeto

*view pictures of my home theater and movies (out dated)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
    Did you try speaking to the manager?

Yeah, my wife tried talking to one several times. Didn't seem to do much good.
    Favorite : The Road Warrior
    Favorite : Sister Street Fighter (Double Feature)
    My collection:http://mikey-myers138.dvdaf.com/owned/hd-dvd
    My collection:http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...mikey_myers138
    Cut the Cable!!! Enjoy Free HD OTA TV!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey_myers138 View Post
    I just recently got rid of my DirecTV. As I was cancelling, I was told that when I moved last year, I had agreed to another 2 year contract. This was simply untrue as I never signed nor agreed to anything like that. So after about an hour on the phone, it was agreed that we would not be charged an early termination fee. Low and behold a few days later a charge of $223 was on my debit card for the early termination fee. So, my wife called back (the account is in her name) and they said the money would be back in my account in 8 business days. 8 business days was last Wednesday. So my wife called back last Friday and 3 different people told her, they don't refund accounts, they send a check. She called back awhile later and spoke with someone who spoke fluent English and they said my account would be refunded in 8 days. This is day one.

We loved our DirecTV. The only reason we got rid of it was to save some money ($85 a month vs. $13 a month for HD antenna w/ Tivo Service.) I praised the name of DirecTV and told everyone and their mother to switch to DirecTV. I figured one day I would go back to them, but not after this debacle. I feel like I should write a letter to the CEO or the BBB or is it just a waste of time? I'm sure Dish Network or Cable would be no better. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Comments? Thanks for reading my rant!
    Yes Directv is Sleazy complain to the BBB , your local Atty. General , Every complaint forum you can find , your local senate , the NFL contacts page , and the white house.Eve you google search directv's unauthorized debits , equipment , and contractual complaints they are endless.Sure no company is perfect but directv really doesnt care , especially when you want to leave they pull a ton of crap.Directv has made an extra 10 million last year just in debits that were unauthorized , thats how they're paying all these class action suits most just goaway and dont bother about 100 here 200 there , it's time politicians do something about directv's illegal practices!
    I had a similar issue. They told me that they would be sending a check in about 4 weeks, 6 weeks max (so your 8 days sounds good). THEN they dicked around with me. They sent me a piece of paper (they called it a statement) showing that they owed me ~$300. I called back and they said that they sent checks about 4 weeks after any sort of statement like that. Then, 4 weeks later - i got another statement. I called back, was assured by a manager of the same thing - it would then be merely 4 weeks. Took 4 months for me to get my money.

Better luck to you, I'll never do business with ShitTv again.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS3
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 770 4GB, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 256gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 64gb Patriot SSD[/size]