Go Back   High-Def Digest Forums > Everything Else > The Water Cooler
Reload this Page Return 2 identical items with same receipt (Best Buy)
Page 2 of 2 << First 1 2
    The item was a gift. Like all other major stores as long as it's unopened you'll have no problem returning it for store credit. Many stores extend their return period for the holidays to end of January.
    = 483 (57.0%)
    = 365 (43.0%)
    Last : A Certain Magical Index: Complete Season 1
    Last : P2: A New Level Of Terror
    Media Players: FireTV, S6200 x2, S5100 x2, Roku3, PCH-A400 x2, Chromecast x3, NTV550, Boxee Box x3, Roku2 x2, PCH-C200
    Gaming Systems: XBOne x2, PS4
    40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
    You'll have to return it as store credit. If you try using the receipt it wont let you do it.
    Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plasma
    Pioneer VSX-1018AH Receiver
    X-Box 360 & Nintendo Wii

HD COMBO PLAYER: LG BH200
    HD DVD PLAYER: Toshiba HD-A20
    BLU-RAY PLAYER: Sharp Aquos BD-HP20
    HD MOVIES: 201

My HD Movie Collection
    it will not work as the receipt was already used to return 1 item of the same at best buy and wal-mart has the an identical system. the companies have gotten smarter but you would be able to get a gift card. what happens though is that once you return an item without a receipt at best buy, they will flag it in their system and not let you return anything without a receipt again and you won't be able to get store credit. it's something like 1 return per person per lifetime or something like that so get someone else to return or exchange it for you or try at another store
    Quote Originally Posted by intoxicated662 View Post
    it will not work as the receipt was already used to return 1 item of the same at best buy and wal-mart has the an identical system. the companies have gotten smarter but you would be able to get a gift card. what happens though is that once you return an item without a receipt at best buy, they will flag it in their system and not let you return anything without a receipt again and you won't be able to get store credit. it's something like 1 return per person per lifetime or something like that so get someone else to return or exchange it for you or try at another store
    I've had no problem returning items to Walmart without a receipt. I return around a dozen items a year to them, half of them without a receipt with no problems. I spend an average of $100 a week at Walmart. They better not start telling me I need a receipt when their policy on the wall at customer service clearly states I can get a store credit if i don't have the receipt.
    = 483 (57.0%)
    = 365 (43.0%)
    Last : A Certain Magical Index: Complete Season 1
    Last : P2: A New Level Of Terror
    Media Players: FireTV, S6200 x2, S5100 x2, Roku3, PCH-A400 x2, Chromecast x3, NTV550, Boxee Box x3, Roku2 x2, PCH-C200
    Gaming Systems: XBOne x2, PS4
    40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

Default My Research says different. Some of you guys are wrong.

Since I am a man of action I did a little research about this. Most of you guys are not right about BB returned policy for HD DVD and BD media. Including the guy that works there.

BB corporate had issue a new policy in regard to the HD DVD and BD media. They had been scam in the past and the stores are loosing money. Thatís based on a recent study from the Best Buy Company. This policy is effective as long as they give HD DVD and BD for free.

Policy: BB will not accept returns or do exchange on any HD DVD or BD movies (for a different title) without receipt, as long as they have HD DVD and BD for free, including offers when you buy the HD DVD or BD player (in store offer).

I had a copy of the Shooter (unopened) which I get for free a few days ago. I went to the BB w/o receipt and request an exchange for the New Harry Potter film (I was doing this as a test I already own the Order of the Phoenix in HD DVD). The girl asked for my receipt and explained to me that without receipt they will not exchange the movie. I ask for a manager and she said the same thing. Well I went over board and ask for the general manger of the store.

She explained to me why they couldnít do it. It came from corporate the GM said. We canít even give store credit because we donít have control in which movie the costumer gets for free. I told her that they should have control because not all movies were available for free (shooter was one of them). Not when you get the player she said. If the costumers buy an HD DVD player most of the time they can get any two HD DVD for free. We have been scammed several times and corporate is getting concern about this mess.

Sir (she said) If you donít have the receipt we canít exchange the movie, once you find your receipt we'll be more than happy to do the exchanged. Sorry about that and have a nice day. I would not give up until you guys exchanged my movie (I said). After several minutes they still had not clue if Shooter was included in a free offer or not. I was surprise but she was right. Itís very hard for a big store like BB to be able to tell what movies the costumers get for free. I decide to walk out of the store.

I was in shock in how well BB have improved their business. Maybe not all the stores are the same but at least the one Iím used to go is very clear about the HD mess.

If any of you are able to get any exchange without receipt on any HD DVD or BD around the Holiday season, consider yourself a lucky person.
    Why...... So......Serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by glocks out View Post
    They scan the receipt so it knows there was a return on that receipt. When they scan the receipt the entire order comes up on the screen and they select which products to remove from it. You can't return it with the same receipt but you can exchange it for a gift card.
    Yeah...as long as the OP does not open the open the disc...should be no prob to return it for store credit.
    My mancave:

Display - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
    Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590, Sony PS3 320GB
    Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd), MacBook Pro 17" i5 750GB

Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)

"When your winning, fight like your losing"
    Quote Originally Posted by glocks out View Post
    Yeah. I've done it several times.
    Me too. Store credit they will call it.