Default Don't mess with Danzig!

I can has kitty litter?
    Last edited by cheez avenger; 10-02-2010 at 04:19 PM.
    I saw this on deadspin.... they were quick to point out he was wearing his own band's t-shirt.

awesome.
    = Salty Tarantula
    = SaltyTarantula

90% of people don't care about your problems and 10% are glad you have them.
    heh, i remember meeting glenn after a samhain show way back in the day.
    he took quite a right turn after lucifuge, can't get into any of his stuff after that.
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo
    Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    heh, i remember meeting glenn after a samhain show way back in the day.
    he took quite a right turn after lucifuge, can't get into any of his stuff after that.
    Right. Never was a huge Danzig fan. As much as I loved punk and hardcore back in the day, the Misfits always came across as a little too hokey. I liked Samhain a little more, but it was all down hill after that in my opinion.

Best 'real life' footage of Danzig is him getting knocked out after a show for running his mouth to someone much larger and meaner than him.

I am... I am... I am... in Satan's all-perfect love.
    "Northside Kings are undefeated!"

I have a few Northside Kings albums... Danzig tried to say that Danny came at him with a knife... the video shows that he just took one to the chin.

AND Glenn Danzig is supposed to be a black belt in Jeet Kune Do.

Here's something that Danzig had to say about it at one point:

DANZIG frontman Glenn Danzig has spoken out about the infamous video tape of him getting punched by NORTH SIDE KINGS member Danny Marianinho following a dispute at a show in Tuba City, Ariz., in early July. Asked by Argus Leader what happened in Tuba City when he got "knocked out," Danzig said, "I don't want to give those guys [NORTH SIDE KINGS] press. That was just a setup for me to punch him and them to sue me for a bunch of money. If I wanted to kill that guy, he'd be dead in two seconds."
    or, alternately, you'd be out cold in a puddle of your own piss on the floor, dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunyaga View Post
    or, alternately, you'd be out cold in a puddle of your own piss on the floor, dude
    He went with option 2.
    I'm a Danzig fan in general, but the whole dark and brooding tough guy bit gets really old. He got served by the Northside guy for putting his fucking hands on him. That big dude punched and spun Danzig to the ground. It was a legit hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
    I'm a Danzig fan in general, but the whole dark and brooding tough guy bit gets really old. He got served by the Northside guy for putting his fucking hands on him. That big dude punched and spun Danzig to the ground. It was a legit hit.
    He was allegedly beaten up by Vivian Campbell as well.

RAW, 9/93 --------- PART 2 ((SAVED BY THE BELL...))

If you caught last month's column, you'll certainly remember the blurb on the Danzig vs. Vivian Campbell escapade. Supposedly, after a minor dispute, Def Leppard's Vivian Campbell punched and bloodied the evil one, Glenn Danzig and sent him running back to his dressing room. Well, this month Glenn and his label Def American have issued a press release stating that the report was incorrect. Glenn was quoted as saying, "This story is a total fabrication. Anyone who knows me or my past knows that I never walk away from a fight. It's true that an altercation occured, but we never came to blows, as reported." He also made this point clear, "Asd a student of martial arts, I am quite capable of taking care of myself. Next time, they won't be given that respect." So there you have it. Danzig has spoken!

RAW, 10/93 ---------- Ding...Round #3!

After seeing Danzig's response about the Def Leppard/Danzig brawl, Joe Elliot had a few comments of his own. In a recent RAW interview, he had these things to say: first, Joe claims that he did not give the story to RAW to begin with. None of the comments were true and the story came from an over-imaginative reporter. Secondly, in regard to the publicity stunt charge, he stated that they were the headliners at a festival in Germany with over 50,000 people in attendance. Danzig was way down on the billing. So if anybody needed publicity, it would be Danzig and not Def Leppard.

And finally, Elliot had these last statements: "Yes an altercation did occur in Germany because Glenn Danzig is a rude little fuck." He further explained, "We weren't in his way, as he claimed. He was carrying his dinner and walked straight into us. He said, 'Get the fuck out of my way!'" Joe then said they asked him to repeat it because they couldn't believe what they had heard. He also claims they didn't even know who Danzig was.

"I actually thought he was a stagehand. I certainly didn't recognize him because he was so short!" He then added, "And, yes, he got his ass kicked twice, once by me, once by Vivian." He went on to say that Danzig was not as brave as he claimed, referring to another incident where Glenn apparently called Vivian Campbell's wife a non-complimentary name. And Joe also denied that Danzig tried in any way to settle the matter. "Obviously, he must have small man's syndrome." Wow! Joe Elliot with some heavy retaliation. And I wonder if we've heard the last of this one. Nooo way!
    LMAO, he talks alot of shit, but has yet to back it up.

and yeah, Cheez, he shoved that guy hard, and got clocked for it. nothing too difficult to sort out there. For a "student of the martial arts," he should know better than to shove someone with your arms out and then leave your hands down.....

I have a feeling the dude's never been in a legit fight in his life, nor knows shit about martial arts.

I could be wrong, of course, just my read on him has always been that he puts WAAAY too much effort into TALKING about what a badass he supposedly is
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunyaga View Post
    LMAO, he talks alot of shit, but has yet to back it up.

and yeah, Cheez, he shoved that guy hard, and got clocked for it. nothing too difficult to sort out there. For a "student of the martial arts," he should know better than to shove someone with your arms out and then leave your hands down.....

I have a feeling the dude's never been in a legit fight in his life, nor knows shit about martial arts.

I could be wrong, of course, just my read on him has always been that he puts WAAAY too much effort into TALKING about what a badass he supposedly is

As strange as it may seem, Danzig might actually know Jeet Kune Do:

Jerry Poteet: Known as the conscience of Jeet Kune Do. He was the technical choreographer for the movie the Bruce Lee Story. Contribution to the art: Keeping the truth alive as to what is JKD and what is not. 1st generation instructor.

Jerry Poteet is one of Bruce Lee’s original students from the “Chinatown era” in the late 1960s. He continues to teach the art of Jeet Kune Do just the way it was taught to him by Bruce Lee. Some of his notable students are Jason Scott Lee (Dragon The Bruce Lee Story), Michael Worth (U.S. SEALS 2), and Glenn Danzig. Jerry Poteet worked on choreography for the key fight scenes in “Dragon” with Jason Scott Lee.

Contrary to popular misconception, Jerry did not meet his famous Jeet Kune Do teacher in Los Angeles, but in Oakland, at James Lee’s house. Later that year, he was fortunate enough to be chosen as the second student admitted to Bruce Lee’s Chinatown School back in LA. He was also selected to be in a “closed door” group of five students, who trained with Bruce Lee twice a week. In the years since, Jerry has used his martial arts expertise to train the Dallas Cowboys football team, executive bodyguard Hollywood celebrities, and choreograph the fight scenes of several motion pictures.
    My dad was obsessed with his stuff back in the day towards the end of his military career. His cd I Luciferi or w/e was pretty good and his newest one is decent.
    {Living Room Setup}
    Samsung 51" PN51D550C1
    Samsung HTIB HT-D6730WZA
    {Theater Room Setup}
    Samsung LED Series 6000 46"
    Samsung BD-P1600
    Infinity Primus 5.1 Floor Speaker System.
    Onkyo TX-SR707
    Favorite Actors -Russell Crowe, Tom Hanks, Leonoardo Dicaprio
    Favorite Directors - Christopher Nolan, Ridley Scott, Martin Scorsese