Landy is offline Go Jets Go!

Default E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray (LE Gift Set) - HDD Review

E has reviewed E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray (35th Anniversary Limited Edition Gift Set). He says this Spielberg classic never looked or sounded better than it does on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray. Highly recommended.

Full review here:
    http://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/491...hdbluray2.html

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

I plan on buying this, probably this week.
    I saw at Walmart for $24.96 a Fat Pack of this movie. I wonder if the LE is the one I saw or why their version is so fat. It looks like it could house all that swag.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

I watched this so many times as a kid, but this UHD version feels like the way it was always meant to be seen. The first thing that struck me was the realistic browns and greens in the forest and the super bright lights from the ship and trucks right from the start. The detail on E.T. is astounding too. This is the definitive version.
    Last edited by ItsameMatt03; 09-15-2017 at 12:33 AM.
    My Set-up:
    55" Samsung JS8500 4K HDR10 3D TV
    55" Panasonic P55ST60 3D Plasma HDTV

Vizio 2.1 Soundbar; Onkyo 230W Subwoofer
    Xbox One S, Playstation 3 Slim, Xbox 360 Elite w/ HD-DVD, Nintendo Wii U
    : 350 3D: 102 4K UHD: 8 : 14

mattedscreen is online now HDD Reviewer / Movie Fan

As it was my first movie in the theater it is Ape Law that I must buy it - glad to see this is such a solid release.
    Need something fun &/OR funny? Watch This!

cupboy is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    I plan on buying this, probably this week.
    I saw at Walmart for $24.96 a Fat Pack of this movie. I wonder if the LE is the one I saw or why their version is so fat. It looks like it could house all that swag.
    Yes it is. Bought one there today.

gravis778 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by ItsameMatt03 View Post
    I watched this so many times as a kid, but this UHD version feels like the way it was always meant to be seen. The first thing that struck me was the realistic browns and greens in the forest and the super bright lights from the ship and trucks right from the start. The detail on E.T. is astounding too. This is the definitive version.
    I had almost given up on this movie. VHS, DVD, the first Blu-Ray release - all were so dark that I felt that I didn't know what was going on half the movie. I just did not want to sit around watching black muddied masses, no matter how great the score was. I usually fell asleep if I tried watching it from the begining.

I decided to take a chance and get the UHD version, and MAN, does it make a difference! There is now definition in the dark scenes that I have never seen before! I actually enjoyed the ENTIRE movie this time! This should be an HDR demo disc!

Josh Z is offline HDD Blogmaster General

Contest! Deadline is end of day on Tuesday!

http://www.highdefdigest.com/blog/et...luray-contest/
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

To those that bought this at $44 on Amazon and kept wondering if the one at Walmart for $24.96 is the same one, in a single word, YES. Yes, this is the same one. Now is the time to request a refund or credit from Amazon now that they've finally decided to match Walmart's price.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

bruceames is offline Member

To those that bought this at $44 on Amazon and kept wondering if the one at Walmart for $24.96 is the same one, in a single word, YES. Yes, this is the same one. Now is the time to request a refund or credit from Amazon now that they've finally decided to match Walmart's price.
    Thanks, just ordered it.

Drew18 is offline Member

Default I got it for a lot less than that

Best Buy added this to a 2 for $35 promotion, during the first week of release. I ended up getting it for $17.50. I'm not sure if the 2 for $35 4K UHD promotion is still running, but I would recommend taking a look. There were about a dozen titles, ranging from outstanding to pretty bad.

bruceames is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drew18 View Post
    Best Buy added this to a 2 for $35 promotion, during the first week of release. I ended up getting it for $17.50. I'm not sure if the 2 for $35 4K UHD promotion is still running, but I would recommend taking a look. There were about a dozen titles, ranging from outstanding to pretty bad.
    The promotion is still running, but only the regular 4K edition is included in it. Not the 35th Anniversary edition.