Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

Quote Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
    The discs you're complaining about are bonus discs from the 2007 release and just added as a bonus, I don't call that "no respect"
    Let's take another WB titles though, Unforgiven... the included BD on the new set is lossless audio. I know I've indicated this already in this thread, they probably produced a ton of discs back in '07 so this is simply their way of depleting them.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

cupboy is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    Amazon has it in stock right now for $33.07.
    Not any more. It's gone. Not just out of stock, but deleted from the site. Probably too many returns due to DVDs being in the case. Nobody would expect that.

I ordered mine from Amazon this past Monday and got it today. My copy has the UHD disc, the BD Final Cut, the BD with the theatrical, director's, and international cuts, and the bonus DVD. I'm confused; did I get the right set of discs?
    Last edited by ItsameMatt03; 09-15-2017 at 12:34 AM.
    My Set-up:
    55" Samsung JS8500 4K HDR10 3D TV
    55" Panasonic P55ST60 3D Plasma HDTV

Vizio 2.1 Soundbar; Onkyo 230W Subwoofer
    Xbox One S, Playstation 3 Slim, Xbox 360 Elite w/ HD-DVD, Nintendo Wii U
    : 350 3D: 102 4K UHD: 8 : 14

dianebrat is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by ItsameMatt03 View Post
    I ordered mine from Amazon this past Monday and got it today. My copy has the UHD disc, the BD Final Cut, the BD with the theatrical, director's, and international cuts, and the bonus DVD. I'm confused; did I get the right set of discs?
    That seems to be the set being sent out to the majority of folks that ordered it.

Josh Z is offline HDD Blogmaster General

Quote Originally Posted by ItsameMatt03 View Post
    Technically, no. The set is supposed to include one UHD (Final Cut), one Blu-ray (Final Cut) and two DVDs (supplements). It's not supposed to have the other Blu-ray with the three older versions of the movie on it. You got that instead of one of the bonus DVDs.

Whether this is a problem for you will depend on whether you already own some older edition of the movie that already has all the content.
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

gravis778 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
    Not any more. It's gone. Not just out of stock, but deleted from the site. Probably too many returns due to DVDs being in the case. Nobody would expect that.
    Uh, yeah, people are going to be returning their 4k UltraHD sets because bonus features produced in SD were included on a DVD instead of Blu-Ray.

Nobody is that stupid.

Missing a disc of bonus features - that's another story, but I would imagine that Warner will do a disc exchange program, and once again, I am not sure people will turn in their nice beautiful 4k discs because it is missing a disc of bonus features

I suspect that Warner may have halted distribution until they can sort out the issue with the wrong discs being put in the cases. Once that's resolved, you'll see retailers carrying this again. No sense paying scalper prices for it now.

In the meantime, the 2-disc UK edition (Final Cut only) is still available and cheaper to boot.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...nandscathed-20
    Josh Z
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

Boston007 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
    I suspect that Warner may have halted distribution until they can sort out the issue with the wrong discs being put in the cases. Once that's resolved, you'll see retailers carrying this again. No sense paying scalper prices for it now.

In the meantime, the 2-disc UK edition (Final Cut only) is still available and cheaper to boot.

Glad I didn't buy it. I'll wait it out

Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

As I ordered the 4-disc set from the UK, I would expect WB had their act together over there as the release date hasn't changed.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Plissken99 is offline Member

Ordered, the 2049 previews have me aching to see this. Never been a huge fan of this movie, think I only watched the HD DVD twice. No way I'll ever watch anything besides the final cut anyway.

Dr Kain is offline Member

Seeing as how The Final Cut is the definitive version, I see no reason to watch any of the other versions.

gravis778 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Seeing as how The Final Cut is the definitive version, I see no reason to watch any of the other versions.
    The Workprint is interesting, but that is not supposed to be included in this set (although some people on Amazon have reported that they did)

cupboy is online now Member

I think of it as the revisionist version. The definitive version would be the version that came out on Criterion LD.

Quote Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
    I think of it as the revisionist version. The definitive version would be the version that came out on Criterion LD.
    That was the European theatrical cut, with the voiceover Harrison Ford hated recording and the stupid studio-imposed happy ending. This is a case where the revisionist versions are decidedly better.

I just wish the Final Cut wasn't so damned teal.
    Josh Z

dianebrat is online now Member

There is a certain value in being able to compare the older versions and their issues to what is now regarded as the way it's supposed to be.
    Heck even after almost a decade of watching the final cut regularly my brain still plays the monologue internally and I hate it for that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast