Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Palmer is offline Administrator

Default Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K & HD - HDD Reviews

UPDATED 8/16/17:

We've reviewed Vol.2 on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray (HDR10 + Dolby Atmos)

http://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/487...ahdbluray.html

Blu-ray (SDR + 7.1 DTS-HD MA)

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4871...alaxyvol2.html

VUDU 4K UHD (Dolby Vision + Dolby Atmos)

http://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/500...axyvol24k.html

And attended a press demo of the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray over at Disney:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...d-bluray/39671

Please be on the look out for our forthcoming review of the Blu-ray 3D, which we won't be able to get until the 8/22 street date because Disney doesn't send screeners of retailer exclusives.

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Disney PR reps informed me that the digital code included with the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray will NOT unlock the 4K UHD digital / streaming version,
    Are we fucking kidding here? So they want you to buy it TWICE. Once for physical copy because hey, what if your internet is down or the streaming rights go away and twice so that those 15% can watch it in Dolby Vision. Epic FAIL on their part, just adds to the headaches thread.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

bobdole is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Are we fucking kidding here? So they want you to buy it TWICE. Once for physical copy because hey, what if your internet is down or the streaming rights go away and twice so that those 15% can watch it in Dolby Vision. Epic FAIL on their part, just adds to the headaches thread.
    Yup, was VERY disappointed to read this. First Disney uses the excuse they waited for 4K for Dolby Vision. Well.... that's here, and then you don't included it.

Then you PURCHASE a movie in 4K that comes with a digital copy.... yet it comes with a different resolution? Should be you buy 4K, you get 4K. You buy 1080, you get 1080. If you have a DV version, you put it on the disc.

As much as I would love to say I'm going to pass on this in protest.... I will be picking up that BB steelbook I pre-ordered on day 1

bruceames is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    A few other studio's code only redeem HDx as well, so Disney isn't alone. They probably want to encourage as many direct UHD DV purchases as possible as they, perhaps more than any other studio, want consumer to gravitate to digital.

A UHD code will be nice, but I certainly won't be watching it myself. Disc all the way with me man.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
    A few other studio's code only redeem HDx as well, so Disney isn't alone.

A UHD code will be nice, but I certainly won't be watching it myself. Disc all the way with me man.
    I think if anything though the studios will settle and the code will unlock UHD on all titles eventually. Many of us, as the years go on get faster and faster internet speeds, eventually even possibly fast enough for UHD at some point. It would be nice to at least unlock access to these streams as we buy the UHD discs.

Apparently Disney's excuse for not including DV on this release is the authoring tools available are not working right. I have my doubts on this but it's possible. Can future firmware upgrades work with current authoring tools? I suspect yes so why not use the tools available now?

Updated with a review of the VUDU UHD version with Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos:

http://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/500...axyvol24k.html

NJScorpio is offline Member

I don't have any 4k gear, but bought the UHD version through Vudu to future proof. Do we know yet if this gets us an UHD version in the Disney Movie Anywhere locker?

Quote Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
    I don't have any 4k gear, but bought the UHD version through Vudu to future proof. Do we know yet if this gets us an UHD version in the Disney Movie Anywhere locker?
    Unsure at this time -- nothing showed up in mine after our purchase -- but the Disney Movies Anywhere site doesn't appear to have any mention of UHD on it yet.

Dr Kain is online now Member

As long as you do the actual disc review for the disc and not base its quality off of a streaming version.

NJScorpio is offline Member

I had contacted Disney Movie Anywhere's customer service a few days ago, both about no rewards points showing up on my account, as well as the movie only appearing as "HD" in my DMA locker. I have yet to hear back.

As far as the movie itself...
    Spoiler:
    it compelled me to dig up my 1st generation Zune!

Quote Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
    I had contacted Disney Movie Anywhere's customer service a few days ago, both about no rewards points showing up on my account, as well as the movie only appearing as "HD" in my DMA locker. I have yet to hear back.

As far as the movie itself...
    Spoiler:
    it compelled me to dig up my 1st generation Zune!
    Let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    As long as you do the actual disc review for the disc and not base its quality off of a streaming version.
    I think you should re-read the updated original post.

BigNickWpg is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    UPDATED 8/8/17:

Please be on the look out for our forthcoming reviews of the --

-4K Blu-ray
    -Blu-ray 3D (available ONLY in the Best Buy SteelBook)
    -Blu-ray

The 4K and HD Blu-rays will be covered in the next week, give or take, and the 3D review will come out shortly after the 8/22 street date because Disney doesn't send screeners of retailer exclusives.
    The 3D version is also available at walmart.ca and amazon.co.uk, not ONLY Best Buy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigNickWpg View Post
    The 3D version is also available at walmart.ca and amazon.co.uk, not ONLY Best Buy.
    As this site is based in North America, am sure he's referring to that detail with regards to this market. Am sure you can find it on Amazon Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Mexico, sites in Australia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast