Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Palmer is offline Administrator

Default The Fate of the Furious 4K & BD - HDD Review

E says he was expecting F8 to be running on fumes, but enjoyed its mix of melodrama, comedy, and action. The Blu-ray arrives with a gorgeous, reference-quality video presentation and an awesomely satisfying DTS:X soundtrack.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4610...hefurious.html

And here's the 4K review which adds Dolby Vision & HDR10 to the mix:

http://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/461...ahdbluray.html

CONTEST ALERT!

We're giving away FIVE copies of FATE on Blu-ray. Enter before Monday 7/17/17.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...n-bluray/39512

Pugheaven is offline Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    E says he was expecting F8 to be running on fumes, but enjoyed its mix of melodrama, comedy, and action. The Blu-ray arrives with a gorgeous, reference-quality video presentation and an awesomely satisfying DTS:X soundtrack.

We'll have the 4K Blu-ray review up tomorrow. Cheers.
    I'll be really interested in the 4k version, and all could be fantastic judging by the bluray version. Keep these reviews coming, believe me, there's alot of people who read these and I'll certainly start commenting more to show my appreciattion.

Bolo is online now Member

I enjoyed this one. The part with all the remote control cars in New York was definitely the best action in the film, although I also enjoyed the more grounded opening street race. The climax was plenty ridiculous, but didn't grab me as much as the part in New York.

The end definitely gives The Rock's character an exit, and given he was feuding with Diesel on the set, we'll see if he returns for the next one. They're trimming the cast back down to a more manageable size after things got a little crowded the last couple entries. I wouldn't mind if Ludacris sat one or two out also. I do miss Paul Walker. He and Diesel really did play well off each other.

Worst movie I have seen in a long time. Charlize Theron's acting was terrible (over acting gone crazy). If I hadn't been bored out of my mind with nothing to do on a business trip I would have walked out of the theater on this one.

And I am a car guy, big time. And I did enjoy F7. This one was just stupid.
    Sony VPL-HW55ES w/ a 118" 16x9 screen
    Emotiva XPA-7; Integra DHC-80.3
    NHT 3.3 (L,R) NHT AC-2 (C) NHT AC-2 (Side Surrounds) NHT AC-2 (Rear Surrounds) HSU VTF3-HO and HSU VTF-15H (Subs)
    Oppo BDP-103D; Sony HAP-S1/S Hi-Res Music Player; Panamax 5100-EX; Directv Genie Go; Playstation 4
    : 561 Last Purchased: Punch Drunk Love (Criterion)
    3D: 58 Last Purchased: The Jungle Book
    http://www.criterion.com/my_criterion/56857-scott-b

eNoize is offline The Professor

I really enjoyed the zombie cars sequence in New York, one of the most insane action sequences ever, and I loved the funny little nod to Gray's 'Friday.'
    M. Enois Duarte
    High-Def Digest Contributor
    Hi-Def Collection
    Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
    we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael

eNoize is offline The Professor

Last edited by eNoize; 07-11-2017 at 05:48 PM.
    M. Enois Duarte
    High-Def Digest Contributor
    Hi-Def Collection
    Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
    we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael

Anjohl is offline Member

4 stars?! Really?! How does anyone gives *any* of the "fast" movies better than 2 stars?

These films are responsible for the WORST "bro culture", and are complete cinematic diarrhea.

These are at BEST one step above a typical Seltzer/Freidburg "(blank) Movie", which are all the default lowest score, in this case one star.

dianebrat is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
    4 stars?! Really?! How does anyone gives *any* of the "fast" movies better than 2 stars?

These films are responsible for the WORST "bro culture", and are complete cinematic diarrhea.

These are at BEST one step above a typical Seltzer/Freidburg "(blank) Movie", which are all the default lowest score, in this case one star.
    hint: some people enjoy escapist movies with no basis in reality that have pretty people, cool cars, exotic locations, and lots of action that are filmed beautifully, clearly YMMV.

1) We're giving away FIVE copies of FATE on Blu-ray.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...n-bluray/39512

2) Yeah, please chill out. People like different kinds of movies for all sorts of different reasons.

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Little harsh on the staff don't you think? I thought the first 4 of them were meh/so-so but once we hit number 5 and the big heists began this series has seriously improved.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Boston007 is online now Member

This series along with Transformers needs to DIE

cupboy is online now Member

Like & Follow. I don't even know what that means, and what is Disqus? Never heard of it. So you need 5 people that meet the criteria. Are there 5 currently active members of this site?

ShannonNutt is offline HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Haters gonna hate.

I don't think anyone goes into a F&F film expecting high art. What do we expect? Lots of big action sequences with fantastic stunts and a good dose of humor. F&F 8 delivers that in spades. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
    "I'm trying Ringo...I"m trying real hard to be the shepherd."

Quote Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
    Like & Follow. I don't even know what that means, and what is Disqus? Never heard of it. So you need 5 people that meet the criteria. Are there 5 currently active members of this site?
    Facebook:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 9.46.39 AM.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  48.2 KB

At the bottom of the article:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 9.49.31 AM.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  50.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by eNoize View Post
    Holy Crap, E. I generally loathe Honest Trailers (because they're an awful combination of cynicism and not judging movies by their internal intentions and they don't actually know what plot holes are) BUT that's just wonderful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast