Palmer is offline Administrator

Default Underworld: Blood Wars UHD & Blu-ray - HDD Reviews

Professor E sank his horror-fan teeth into Underworld: Blood Wars, which fails to resuscitate this pulse-challenged series (then again, it also doesn't send it to its final grave).

The Blu-ray features a near reference video presentation and robust 5.1 soundtrack. Give It A Rent if you're curious.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4451...bloodwars.html

The Ultra HD Blu-ray offers only a minor visual upgrade over the HD transfer, but a demo-worthy, and UHD-exclusive, Dolby Atmos soundtrack. E called this one For Fans Only (no one is renting UHD BDs).

http://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/423...ahdbluray.html

Boston007 is offline Member

I'm pretty pissed where they took this franchise. Who cares if they didn't get the same actor for Michael Corvin? Pick a different character!

Bubdylan is offline Member

A friend of mine said this is the worst film he's ever seen in a theater. He said he involuntarily cried, "Oh, COME ON!" out loud at one point. It's not my sort of thing, but I almost want to see it now just for the experience.

Boston007 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bubdylan View Post
    A friend of mine said this is the worst film he's ever seen in a theater. He said he involuntarily cried, "Oh, COME ON!" out loud at one point. It's not my sort of thing, but I almost want to see it now just for the experience.
    I just can't especially after the 4th in the series which was utter and complete shit with an insult to fans.

The previous 3 I enjoyed a lot. I won't bother with this, I'm done with the series.

Just like with Blade. First one was amazing, second one was ok and watchable, the 3rd was a complete and utter piece of trash.

Richard76 is offline Member

Best Buy lists this as also having 3D. Does the digital code have the 3D version? They also did this with the new Resident Evil movie coming out next month.

dianebrat is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Richard76 View Post
    Best Buy lists this as also having 3D. Does the digital code have the 3D version? They also did this with the new Resident Evil movie coming out next month.
    Of all the 3D movies I've bought that had digital codes, none has ever come with a 3D streaming version that I've seen.

Josh Z is offline HDD Blogmaster General

Quote Originally Posted by Richard76 View Post
    I believe Best Buy's listings are just in error.
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

Quote Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
    Of all the 3D movies I've bought that had digital codes, none has ever come with a 3D streaming version that I've seen.
    AFAIK, the only one that ever has was Hotel Transylvania.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Richard76 is offline Member

Yep. Looks like an error. The listing has been updated to drop the 3D. Resident Evil still shows it but I'm sure it's wrong too.

Vidfreek is offline Member

I enjoyed this one fine, nothing amazing but I got what I was expecting. I've liked them all so far and at least this wasnt like Resident Evil the Final Chapter, which threw out the whole movie that came before it pretty much, both of these series of movies are guilty pleasures of mine, they arent good really and I know that but the last RE movie was just horrible, changed the whole dynamic of the story from the previous films, brought pretty much no one back from the end of Retribution and of course had a total cop out ending, at least Blood Wars was another entry that felt like it belonged and kept with the cannon the series has created so far, it was nice to see how they tied Michael in without him being there and what happened with him. But yeah, they should have just recast him