Attebery is offline Editor-in-Chief

Default 'Mechanic: Resurrection' Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Review

E has reviewed 'Mechanic: Resurrection' on Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray.

Ultra HD Blu-ray:
    http://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/391...ahdbluray.html

Blu-ray:
    http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3841...urrection.html

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

This film takes less than 8 minutes to become utterly ridiculous. You either laugh and understand that's what's going to be served to you...or you turn it off. I stuck with it. I've seen worse.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

cooltobeyou is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    This film takes less than 8 minutes to become utterly ridiculous. You either laugh and understand that's what's going to be served to you...or you turn it off. I stuck with it. I've seen worse.
    I think there are like three boat explosions in the first 8 minutes...lol. I stuck with the movie, and I've seen worse as well, but this is pretty damn bad, and I completely agree with the 1 star review. Jason Stratham needs to start choosing his scripts more wisely, because his career seems to be on a downward trajectory at the moment. Seriously, Mechanic: Resurrection makes Transporter 2 look Oscar worthy in comparison.

I also think Mechanic: Resurrection contains Jessica Alba's worst performance to date, and Tommy Lee Jones should be embarrassed of his flaccid cameo in this dreck.

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

Don't besmirch the legacy of Transporter 2.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Don't besmirch the legacy of Transporter 2.
    Trasporter 2 is good fun, but it's no Transporter 1. Transporter 2 can get a bit cheesy at times, and Mechanic Resurrection takes that cheese to a whole other level.

cupboy is online now Member

Haven't opened my UHD yet. Bought it at Target for under $20. Should I return it?

Quote Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
    Haven't opened my UHD yet. Bought it at Target for under $20. Should I return it?
    If you're judging by the quality of the film itself, I would recommend returning it. It's not even close to matching the first Mechanic movie he did in tone or substance/quality. Everybody has different tastes, but I thought this was abysmal...far and away Statham's worst film, and I even enjoy his direct to video type movies like Wild Card.

highdef4you is offline Member

Does anyone know if the Netflix/Redbox blu-ray rental copy has the Dolby Atmos soundtrack? In the past Lionsgate did not include lossless audio on rental copies but here recently some releases have lossless audio.

Thanks,
    Mike

Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

^^^ seriously doubt Lionsgate is going to change their tune. If anything they're getting worse every day when it comes to a consumer friendly company.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Do we have a 2nd reviewer that can review this movie? A one-star rating seems pretty extreme, so I'd like a 2nd review. I think there have been some titles in the past that were reviewed twice.

Josh Z is offline HDD Blogmaster General

Quote Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
    Do we have a 2nd reviewer that can review this movie? A one-star rating seems pretty extreme, so I'd like a 2nd review. I think there have been some titles in the past that were reviewed twice.
    The only times we have ever done multiple reviews of the same movie are:

1) If the movie is released in multiple formats (2D, 3D, UHD) and different reviewers cover each.
    2) A double-dip is released later and the original reviewer is not available to cover it.

If you disagree with this review, feel free to discuss why here.
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

HDTV1080P is online now Member

Fans of this movie will want to purchase it instead of renting it

This Mechanic Resurrection Blu-ray was released both in 4K Ultra HD and 1080P Blu-ray. A family member that I know rented the standard 1080P version. The rental version only contains trailers as extras, one has to purchase the Blu-ray to see all the extras. To make matters worse Lionsgate has removed both the lossless Dolby ATMOS soundtrack and the lossless 7.1 Dolby TrueHD core soundtrack from the rental version. The rental version only contains a lossy 5.1 Dolby Digital soundtrack.

Vidfreek is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
    Fans of this movie will want to purchase it instead of renting it

This Mechanic Resurrection Blu-ray was released both in 4K Ultra HD and 1080P Blu-ray. A family member that I know rented the standard 1080P version. The rental version only contains trailers as extras, one has to purchase the Blu-ray to see all the extras. To make matters worse Lionsgate has removed both the lossless Dolby ATMOS soundtrack and the lossless 7.1 Dolby TrueHD core soundtrack from the rental version. The rental version only contains a lossy 5.1 Dolby Digital soundtrack.
    This happens all of the time now, I've done a lot of used movie purchasing, just recently picked up Nice Guys and Hardcore Henry on Blu for $8 each the other day from my local rental place, but its getting harder to buy used movies because they are coming with nothing on them, rental only versions missing any special features or decent sound with only Digital 5.1 on there, such a shame, people still have the setups why should we have to buy them to get good sound, features sure, dont care but cutting out the sound?

How would anyone rate this compared to Crank or Crank 2, both are insane and I love them and this looks to be very similar

Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

[QUOTE=HDTV1080P;2603452] The rental version only contains trailers as extras, one has to purchase the Blu-ray to see all the extras. To make matters worse Lionsgate has removed both the lossless Dolby ATMOS soundtrack and the lossless 7.1 Dolby TrueHD core soundtrack from the rental version. The rental version only contains a lossy 5.1 Dolby Digital soundtrack./QUOTE]

Lionsgate continues with their assholism. This makes their costs higher so they need to sell more to offset these costs. If they don't sell enough they discontinue the format because it didn't turn a profit. Vicious cycle.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

[QUOTE=Krawk;2603557]
    Quote Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
    The rental version only contains trailers as extras, one has to purchase the Blu-ray to see all the extras. To make matters worse Lionsgate has removed both the lossless Dolby ATMOS soundtrack and the lossless 7.1 Dolby TrueHD core soundtrack from the rental version. The rental version only contains a lossy 5.1 Dolby Digital soundtrack./QUOTE]

Lionsgate continues with their assholism. This makes their costs higher so they need to sell more to offset these costs. If they don't sell enough they discontinue the format because it didn't turn a profit. Vicious cycle.
    I guess they don't want anyone stealing those rentals.