scohen is offline Staff

Default CyberLink PowerDVD Software Receives Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Playback Certification

The popular PC Blu-ray player software will soon add Ultra HD support.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...fication/37725
    Check out my award winning experimental short film Broken Records

Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

Finally movement in pieces of the puzzle.
    Any takers on which hardware manufacturer will have an actual working PC drive, making it another piece of the puzzle? I am guessing LG myself as it would appear some of their drives are semi-capable and possibly will or will not need a firmware update.

After this of course it will be display - which graphics card will have the right hdmi port? And capable displays? There are multiple tv monitors available but are there any PC monitors?
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

HDTV1080P is offline Banned

This year in 2017 the new PowerDVD Ultra 17 software should add native 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray playback capability.

Quote Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
    This year in 2017 the new PowerDVD Ultra 17 software should add native 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray playback capability.
    What is their update policy? I had read that if you currently owned PowerDvd that this UHD feature would be simply turned on. Not if it requires you buy a new version I would be might pissed at buying the current version then 3 months later shell out more cash.

The current Ultra 16 version plays 4K video files but it does not support 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs. The other problem is there exists no certified 4K Ultra HD BD-ROM drive on the market, so the software is useless until someone develops a BD-ROM drive for a Windows PC that reads the discs.

Quote Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
    The other problem is there exists no certified 4K Ultra HD BD-ROM drive on the market, so the software is useless until someone develops a BD-ROM drive for a Windows PC that reads the discs.
    Per the usual site though there are multiple manufacturers working on UHD BD Rom drives. My original reply acknowledges the missing pieces of the puzzle.
    Are you saying then that it's a pointless effort? Someone has to make the first move.

No all I am saying is that one has to have a HDCP 2.2 graphics card and desktop monitor, then they have to have the 4K BD-ROM drive and the proper software to make it work.

The UHD switch is going live so anyone that actually has all the components needed should be able to do this now.