Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NJScorpio is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by philphan25 View Post
    I'd buy it if I was sure the digital codes would work, but it says they expired in 2015, and someone did say their codes were invalid.
    Do you have a link to that?

I bought it, figured it was worth the gamble. The price is good for many of the titles I don't own.

philphan25 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
    Do you have a link to that?

I bought it, figured it was worth the gamble. The price is good for many of the titles I don't own.
    Found it in one of the more recent reviews.

It's still worth it even if they don't work, though.

Edit: Can't get the URL to go right to the review. Sorry...did find this though:

i was unable to use the code on filxster directly but i logged in to myuv.com that is linked with my flixster account at the same time with both open in the same browser (i recomend using internet explorer as i had issues with chrome in the past on flixster). i enter my code in myuv.com and it generated a new link to flixster that unlocked my movie.... hope that helps people who purchased and noticed the code expired about a year ago. it works still if you do it this way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by philphan25 View Post
    Found it in one of the more recent reviews.

It's still worth it even if they don't work, though.

Edit: Can't get the URL to go right to the review. Sorry...did find this though:

i was unable to use the code on filxster directly but i logged in to myuv.com that is linked with my flixster account at the same time with both open in the same browser (i recomend using internet explorer as i had issues with chrome in the past on flixster). i enter my code in myuv.com and it generated a new link to flixster that unlocked my movie.... hope that helps people who purchased and noticed the code expired about a year ago. it works still if you do it this way!!!
    I'll report back once I get it. I know that UV codes are often valid past their expiration date. It might even be that some are valid, some are not. This might be why it is at such a discount, maybe they will all expire January 2017.

EDIT: Thanks for posting the review, I'll try that technique when I get it.

EDIT 2: I have a feeling that there are a few titles in this collection that have received improved Blu-Ray releases since this box set came out. I know 'Goodfellas' is one. This would be my third BD copy of it! But I'm excited about the digital copy, regardless of what release it is taken from.

That price didn't last very long.

I read that it is one single code for all 50 movies, which is interesting, and should save me time.

philphan25 is offline Member

I was going to buy it if it was still available after I got home from work. Wasn't, so oh well. Hopefully it will be there again at some point.

Going into the snowy season, I thought this would be great for a snow day or two. I plan on watching the movies chronologically, many of the older ones I haven't seen in decades or haven't seen at all.

I'm seeing some reports from those who bought it during this deal that they UV code is still being accepted...it may be what portal you use to redeem it that impacts it.

I can confirm, the code DOES work, but only through Flixster (via myuv.com). I'm in the process of getting the whole collection to merge with my UV account, then my VUDU account. Bullitt didn't initially appear under Flixster, but customer service added it for me. 45 of the 50 have appeared in my UV account, I'm not sure which didn't show up (yet)...I now Bullitt is one of them. My Vudu won't load at all, so I don't know what's up with that.

Anyway, aside from the typical Ultraviolet redemption wonkiness, the code is valid.

EDIT: 49 of the 50 appeared in my VUDU account! I'll deal with the 'Bullitt' issue later.

Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

Saw this on SD....
    Amazon.FR has these deals, shipping included to the USA, titles are region-free:

Sopranos Complete Series, $50.32
    https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00LMFO6YS/

Friends Complete Series, $42.11
    https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B008HQCPCU/

Other deals for you to explore if you wish, on the Original Post
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12