Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Basic Instinct is a decent movie but I wonder how the transfer will be as we know in general Steelbooks do not get new transfers - so whose recycles transfer will it be?
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Basic Instinct is a decent movie but I wonder how the transfer will be as we know in general Steelbooks do not get new transfers - so whose recycles transfer will it be?
    I actually assume it WILL be a new transfer, since this UK release is done by a different studio than the last one.
    Current Computer Rig; 6850k (OCed to 4.0GHz), MSI GTX 1080 Twin Frozr VI, Asus X99-A, 32GB 3200MHz Ram, 2x 500GB 850 EVOs SSDs (OS/Programs | High Priority Games), 1x6TB WD Black (Media), 1x4TB WD Black (Games). Bunch of externals.
    Peripherals; Acer Predator 27" QHD 144hz G-Sync & Asus 23" 120hz Monitors, HTC Vive, Logitech G933 Wireless 7.1 Headphones, Corsair K95 Platinum Mechanical KB, Glaive & Polaris RGBs
    Region Free Player: Sony BDP-S5100
    UHD Player: LG UP970

Josh Z is offline HDD Blogmaster General

The American Blu-ray for Basic Instinct from Lionsgate was DNR'ed to hell. The original British disc was a little less DNR'ed and slightly better. Not an amazing video transfer, but not terrible either.

I doubt that this is a new transfer. Both the old and new discs are from Studio Canal. There has not been any change in studio.
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

Josh Z - According to Blu-ray.com the Previous UK release (2008) was Optimum Home Entertainment? Or is that a subsidiary of Studio Canal or something?
    Current Computer Rig; 6850k (OCed to 4.0GHz), MSI GTX 1080 Twin Frozr VI, Asus X99-A, 32GB 3200MHz Ram, 2x 500GB 850 EVOs SSDs (OS/Programs | High Priority Games), 1x6TB WD Black (Media), 1x4TB WD Black (Games). Bunch of externals.
    Peripherals; Acer Predator 27" QHD 144hz G-Sync & Asus 23" 120hz Monitors, HTC Vive, Logitech G933 Wireless 7.1 Headphones, Corsair K95 Platinum Mechanical KB, Glaive & Polaris RGBs

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
    Josh Z - According to Blu-ray.com the Previous UK release (2008) was Optimum Home Entertainment? Or is that a subsidiary of Studio Canal or something?
    Yes, Optimum is a subsidiary of Studio Canal.

You can see the old disc here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...nandscathed-20

The front cover has the Studio Canal and Optimum logos side-by-side.
    Josh Z
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

I should mention that the Lionsgate disc has way more bonus features than Studio Canal, which is bare bones. The Camille Paglia commentary is particularly hilarious.
    Josh Z

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
    I should mention that the Lionsgate disc has way more bonus features than Studio Canal, which is bare bones. The Camille Paglia commentary is particularly hilarious.
    Is the commentary subtitled in English? Too few commentaries come with subtitles V_V

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
    Is the commentary subtitled in English? Too few commentaries come with subtitles V_V
    Sorry, I don't remember, and I'm not able to check at the moment. She is speaking English, of course.
    Josh Z

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
    Sorry, I don't remember, and I'm not able to check at the moment. She is speaking English, of course.
    I doubted you would have had cause to turn them on yourself XD I figured she was speaking English, but I rather need subs/captions because I'm hearing impaired though.

Looks like a few more copies of King Kong are available. I thought Peter Jackson's version was a decent remake, the Steel looks very nice.

POTC: The Curse of the Black Pearl
    Name:  potc curse sm front.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  25.2 KB
    PURCHASE

Street Date: April 06, 2015

Studio: Disney

Region: NA*See Comments

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Limited to 3000 Copies.

Extras: NA

Technical Info: Likely PCM 5.1, 2x50GB Disc, AR 2.40:1

Synopsis: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl pulses with heart pounding excitement in a Blu-ray 2-disc set created from the original digital source files. Starring Johnny Depp, Disney's action-packed thrill ride delivers more mile-a-minute adventure than ever in this mind-boggling format.

Climb aboard as legendary pirate Captain Jack Sparrow and young sword-maker Will Turner join forces to rescue a governor's daughter from a band of bloodthirsty, undead pirates. See the glint of each sword with eye-piercing clarity. Hear the wave's crash, and feel the explosive impact of every cannon blast with audio technology so advances, it'll blow you away! Taste the salty brine in the air and experience "Pirates" as if for the very first time with Disney Blu-ray - Magic in High Definition.

Comments: Region Coding - Very high probability of this being region free (Thanks Disney). This title is NOT part of Zavvi's "Disney Collection" series thus why it is posted in this thread.

Spoiler:

Name:  potc curse lg angled front.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  85.6 KB

Name:  potc curse lg center.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  38.7 KB

Name:  potc curse lg angled back.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  68.5 KB

POTC: Dead Man's Chest
    Name:  potc dead man sm front.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  24.3 KB
    PURCHASE

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Limited to 3000 Copies.

Technical Info: Likely PCM 5.1, 50GB Disc, AR 2.40:1

Synopsis: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest pulses with heart-pounding excitement in a Blu-ray 2-disc set created from the original digital source files. Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley set sail for uncharted adventure in Disney's epic swashbuckler - now more thrilling than ever in this mind-blowing format.

Captain Jack Sparrow has a blood debt to pay: He owes his soul to ghastly Davy Jones unless he can cheat death - and eternal damnation - by seizing the fabled "Dead Man's Chest." Totally immerse yourself in crystalline visual clarity as every eye-popping frame surges over the screen. Tremble in terror as the mighty "Kraken" roars from the ocean depths to split planks, crush hulls and snap bones in enhanced theater-quality audio. Experience this action-packed hit as if you're watching it for the very first time with Disney Blu-ray - Magic in High Definition.

Comments: Region Coding - Very high probability of this being region free (Thanks Disney). This title is NOT part of Zavvi's "Disney Collection" series thus why it is posted in this thread.

Spoiler:

Name:  potc dead man lg angled front.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  86.3 KB

Name:  potc dead man lg center.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  47.7 KB

Name:  potc dead man lg angled back.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  59.7 KB

POTC: At World's End
    Name:  potc at world sm front.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  21.8 KB
    PURCHASE

Technical Info: Likely PCM 5.1, 50GB Disc, AR 2.40:1

Synopsis: Trapped on a sea in Davy Jones' Locker, Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) is the last of the nine Pirate Lords of the Brethren Court who must now unite in one last stand to preserve the freedom of loving pirates' way of life. But first, he has to be found and rescued. Your jaw will drop, your eyes will pop as every scene in the fantastical adventure reaches dizzying new heights. From a grain of sand, to a sword's edge, to a spray of sea foam in the titanic maelstrom battle, the final chapter of the Pirates trilogy is a spectacular rocking and rolling assault on your senses with Disney Blu-ray - Magic in High Definition.

Spoiler:
    Name:  potc at world lg angled front.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  77.2 KB

Name:  potc at world lg center.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  38.7 KB

Name:  potc at world lg back.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  49.8 KB

Ordered the first two POTC steels, the third not open to sell yet.
    I would suspect the 4th movie to NOT be the 3D release but am crossing my fingers.
    We know this hype is all for a cash grab for the 5th movie tie-in.

Yeah, I'll be waiting until all of them are up before ordering them. I don't care THAT much, so I'll take one of them selling out (if it happens) as a sign not to bother >_> The design is a bit lazy anyway, the generic covers surrounded by a lot of basic design stuff.

Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast