Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Default Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

PURCHASE

Street Date: August 24, 2014

Studio: Paramount

Region: Listed as B / Probably Region Free (See Comments)

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Gloss Finish and Embossed Title Treatment.

Extras: Unknown

Synopsis: Steven Spielberg and George Lucas bring you the greatest adventurer of all time in a film packed with "sensational, awe-inspiring spectacles" (Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times). Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull finds Indy (Harrison Ford) trying to outrace a brilliant and beautiful agent (Cate Blanchett) for the mystical, all-powerful crystal skull of Akator in a quest that is filled with "spectacular fun" (Claudia Puig, USA Today). Teaming up with a rebellious young biker (Shia LaBeouf) and his spirited original love Marion (Karen Allen), Indy takes you on an action-packed adventure in the exciting tradition of the classic Indiana Jones movies!

Comments: Paramount release, likely Region Free. Listed as Dolby Digital, likely will be Dolby TrueHD 5.1 (48kHz, 16-bit) (For English, Other languages in standard Dolby Digital 5.1)

Spoiler:

Something I've been hoping for. A Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Steelbook to match the original trilogy steels. I think NA already had a steel before, not sure about the UK. Releases a week after the trilogy, for some reason.
    Current Computer Rig; 6850k (OCed to 4.0GHz), MSI GTX 1080 Twin Frozr VI, Asus X99-A, 32GB 3200MHz Ram, 2x 500GB 850 EVOs SSDs (OS/Programs | High Priority Games), 1x6TB WD Black (Media), 1x4TB WD Black (Games). Bunch of externals.
    Peripherals; Asus 23" 1080p 120hz Monitor, HTC Vive, Logitech G933 Wireless 7.1 Headphones, Corsair Sabre RGB, Logitech G510 Keyboard
    Region Free Player: Sony BDP-S5100

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Army of Darkness

PURCHASE

Street Date: September 15, 2014

Studio: Studio Canal

Region: Listed as B

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Ultra Limited Print Run.

Extras: NA

Synopsis: A man is accidentally transported to 1300 A.D., where he must battle an army of the dead and retrieve the Necronomicon so he can return home.

Comments: Hit or miss on region coding, depends on contract with original studio. Zavvi is listing audio as default DD, likely is DTS HD-MA.

Spoiler:

Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Maleficent 3D (Incl. 2D)
    Name:  Maleficent 3d sm front.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  12.6 KB
    PURCHASE

Street Date: October 20, 2014

Studio: Walt Disney Studios

Region: Region-Free

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Full Gloss Finish. Limited to 4000 Copies. Artwork Subject to Change

Extras:
    Disc 1 - Feature Presentation in 3D
    Disc 2 - Feature Presentation in 2D + Extras
    -From Fairy Tale to Feature Film
    -Building an Epic Battle
    -Classic Couture
    -Maleficent Revealed
    -Aurora: Becoming a Beauty
    -Deleted Scenes

Technical Info: DTS-HD MA 7.1, Dolby 2.0 for Visually Impaired, AR 2.40:1, 2x50GB Discs

Synopsis: A vindictive fairy is driven to curse an infant princess only to realize the child may be the only one who can restore peace. (Taken from IMDB

Comments: Region Free Confirmed. It's a two disk set, with both the 2D and 3D Blu-rays. Artwork Finalized

Spoiler:
    Name:  maleficent 3d lg angled front.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  36.6 KB

Name:  maleficent 3d lg angled back.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  11.4 KB

Wow - that's super early for Maleficent. I ordered one, could always cancel later if I decide. But hey, it includes 3D, which Disney seems to be dissing the U.S./Canada on lately.

Yeah, I grabbed one myself. I hope they keep this design (I like it), and have really nice insert and back cover art to boot.
    Current Computer Rig; 6850k (OCed to 4.0GHz), MSI GTX 1080 Twin Frozr VI, Asus X99-A, 32GB 3200MHz Ram, 2x 500GB 850 EVOs SSDs (OS/Programs | High Priority Games), 1x6TB WD Black (Media), 1x4TB WD Black (Games). Bunch of externals.
    Peripherals; Asus 23" 1080p 120hz Monitor, HTC Vive, Logitech G933 Wireless 7.1 Headphones, Corsair Sabre RGB, Logitech G510 Keyboard
    Region Free Player: Sony BDP-S5100

thejnc is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of Death View Post
    Army of Darkness - September 08, 2014
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D - December 31, 2014 (Placeholder)
    City of the Living Dead - August 11, 2014
    Cliffhanger - September 8, 2014
    Day of the Dead - July 14, 2014
    Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark - August 18, 2014
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - August 18, 2014
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - August 18, 2014
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - August 24, 2014
    Maleficent 3D (Incl. 2D) - N/A
    Maniac Cop - June 30, 2014
    The Toxic Avenger - August 18, 2014
    Under the Skin - September 8, 2014
    Just noticed the Army of Darkness steel when I was looking at the sale Zavvi had over the weekend. So pissed I missed out on it. It's one I will end up spending much more on through an Ebay/Amazon seller.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Thejnc has essentially perfect grammar around here...

Quote Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
    Just noticed the Army of Darkness steel when I was looking at the sale Zavvi had over the weekend. So pissed I missed out on it. It's one I will end up spending much more on through an Ebay/Amazon seller.
    This is why they are going to cancel all bulk orders for Mulan - someone (presumably an ebay seller) is probably trying to capitalize and screw/scalp the little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    This is why they are going to cancel all bulk orders for Mulan - someone (presumably an ebay seller) is probably trying to capitalize and screw/scalp the little guy.
    I've been checking every day hoping a few get cancelled. But on the plus side, I finally have Evil Dead 2 steel ordered.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

Quote Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
    I've been checking every day hoping a few get cancelled. But on the plus side, I finally have Evil Dead 2 steel ordered.
    Keep watching zavvi because I am not sure if Army of Darkness ever went live yet for ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Keep watching zavvi because I am not sure if Army of Darkness ever went live yet for ordering.
    Holy shitballs, you just gave me some hope at getting this for a reasonable price. I get email alerts and when the Sin City went live I got sent one and ordered but after that I stopped looking at them. Going to have to start not putting right to trash.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

Just for you Limey !!

Black Sunday

PURCHASE

Street Date: August 11, 2014

Studio: ??

Region: N/A

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition, 1 Disc

Technical Info: LPCM 2.0 English, LPCM 2.0 Italian

Synopsis: I think this is the movie, Imdb says "A vengeful witch and her fiendish servant return from the grave and begin a bloody campaign to possess the body of the witch's beautiful look-alike descendant. Only the girl's brother and a handsome doctor stand in her way."

Amazon instant video says "In an absolutely mesmerizing performance, BLACK SUNDAY stars Barbara Steele as Asa Vajda, a beautiful woman tortured and executed as a witch - but not before pronouncing a curse upon those who have condemned her, a curse that is fulfilled some 200 years later."

Comments: More info to come.. AKA - La Maschera Del Demonio (1960) IMDB LINK
    Previously released by Arrow Video in a Region B locked release.

Spoiler:

Unknown

PURCHASE

Street Date: August 11, 2014

Studio: StudioCanal

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Ultra Limited Print Run - 2000 copies

Synopsis: A man claiming to be Dr Martin Harris awakes in Berlin hospital with severe head injuries and very little knowledge as to how he got there. The doctors inform him that he has been in a coma for four days after surviving a near fatal car crash. Attempting to piece together the incidents leading up to the accident, he discovers that his wife no longer recognises him and another man has assumed his identity. Now the only thing standing in the way of him and the truth is a deadly team of trained assassins who will stop at nothing to have him killed. It's time for Dr Harris to face his identity, his sanity and take back his life...by force.

Starring Liam Neeson (Taken, The A-Team), Diane Kruger (Inglourious Basterds, Troy) and January Jones (Mad Men, X-Men: First Class), Unknown is a gripping mystery pumped with visceral action and an explosive revelation around every twist.

Comments: Previous Releases have been Region B locked, which is odd for a Warner originating release.

Spoiler:

Copland

PURCHASE

Street Date: August 18, 2014

Studio: Lionsgate

Region: Region B

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Ultra Limited Print Run. This Product is Limited to 2000 Copies.

Technical Info: DTS HD-MA 5.1

Synopsis: Sylvester Stallone (Rocky) gives off a critically-acclaimed performance in this tense drama as Freddy Heflin. Freddy had big dreams of being a New York policeman all of his life, but after an accident left him deaf in one ear; he was ruled out of this ever happening. Freddy settled for a simple job as a Sherriff for a small town outside of New York populated by policemen, referred to as 'Copland'.

When an up-and-coming policeman is caught up in a pursuit gone wrong and subsequently kills himself, Freddy stumbles upon evidence that leads him to believe the policemen in his town are not who they appear to be.

Freddy must now decide whether to take a stand and go against the men he idolizes or honour the policeman's code and protect them. But is this his chance to prove himself? Can he be the policeman no one believed he could?

From Director James Mangold (Walk the Line, 3:10 to Yuma) and co-starring Robert De Niro, Harvey Keitel and Ray Liotta.

Comments: Most Lionsgate releases are region locked, likely going to be Locked as B. Previous Miramax release region B locked.

Spoiler:

La Haine

PURCHASE

Street Date: August 18, 2014

Studio: StudioCanal

Zavvi Description: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Ultra Limited Print Run. Limited to 2000 Copies.

Technical Info: French: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, English Subtitles

Synopsis: Inspired by cinematic classics including Mean Streets, Do the Right Thing and The Battle of Algiers, Mathieu Kassovitz's La Haine is arguably the most incendiary, provocative and prescient film to emerge from the 90's.

Starkly shot in black and white to show a Paris not on any tourist map, the film deals with France's intolerance towards outsiders, following Vinz (Vincent Cassel, Irreversible, Oceans 12), Hubert (the magnificent Hubert Kounde) and Said (Said Taghmaoui, Hideous Kinky, Three Kings), three young men trapped in the Parisian economic, ethnic and social underclass.

Sensationally premiered at the 1995 Cannes Film Festival, La Haine saw Kassovitz rewarded with the Best Director prize and subsequently went on to win three Cesars (including Best Film). Marked by its unapologetic brutality and verite style, La Haine acted as a compelling wake up call to Europe.

Comments: Likely Region Locked at B

Spoiler:

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast