Go Back   High-Def Digest Forums > Blu-ray > SteelBook / Iron Pack
Reload this Page Star Trek: Into Darkness Walmart Exclusive BD/DVD/Digital Copy + Villain Ship)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last>>

Default Star Trek: Into Darkness Walmart Exclusive BD/DVD/Digital Copy + Villain Ship)

Last edited by darkdaze73; 07-11-2013 at 09:32 AM.
    180+
    200+
    want list
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post

Pretty cool exclusive!
    FUCK is that a steelbook?!
    I hope there will be an option (if not at Walmart, then some international retailer) to get the Steelbook without the ship model.
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
    I hope there will be an option (if not at Walmart, then some international retailer) to get the Steelbook without the ship model.
    That ship model will retail for $10-$15 from what my die hard in the know friend told me LOL.

But I hear you, as I wouldn't want to show it off on display.
    No 3D version?
    52" Sharp Aquos 1080P
    55" LG LM6400 3D Smart TV
    Next TV 60" - 70" 4K
    3D player & PS4
    Gamertag/PSN ID : Minute Man 721/Minute_Man_721
    currently playing Dishonored
    currently playing

"Those that make up their mind before listening to the argument is a f#*king fool" - Chris Rock

Restore the Republic 1789 - 1913
    Future Shop is also confirmed to get a Steelbook release but 1) no art work yet 2) 3D version yet to be confirmed
    My DVD/HD-DVD/BLU-RAY Collection
    Supporting both HD-DVD and Blu-ray
    Steelbooks often don't come with 3D. They expect you to buy that separately and consolidate the packaging.
    Josh Z
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
    Release week price will be 29.96. Not too bad imo, but without the 3D disc it's a no sell for me. Personally I am going with the Target digibook.
    180+
    200+
    want list
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
    Release week price will be 29.96. Not too bad imo, but without the 3D disc it's a no sell for me. Personally I am going with the Target digibook.
    The Target release isn't a digibook. It's just a regular keepcase with a slipcover.
    Josh Z
    Does anyone know if this is an actual Steelbook? The last Paramount Walmart exclusive I got was a Metalpak or something similar.
    One thing they do now, I noticed, is they have these platform wars, like "Xbox is better than Playstation." That's nerdy to me. What the fuck is the matter with you?
    - Ice-T on video game fanboys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    Does anyone know if this is an actual Steelbook? The last Paramount Walmart exclusive I got was a Metalpak or something similar.
    It says steelbook in the description on the walmart page, so assuming it's a real steel.

I never did go see Into Darkness in the theaters. Had I gotten into Sherlock earlier, I would of. Probably going to blind buy since I dug the last one.
    Finished 2014 Games

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    I really don't think it matters in the end who is #1.
    Going by the picture of the item on WM's site, it says "Exclusive Steelbook Packaging".

As far as recent new releases, I know GI Joe(Paramount) was an actual steelbook, but Oblivion(Universal) was a metalpak. There were some catalog titles released earlier this year with some being metalpaks(Paramount) and others being steelbooks(WB & Universal).
    180+
    200+
    want list
    Yeah, I got one of those Walmart exclusives and it was a Metalpak so I was wary but I did forget about G.I.Joe. Thanks, gents.
    One thing they do now, I noticed, is they have these platform wars, like "Xbox is better than Playstation." That's nerdy to me. What the fuck is the matter with you?
    - Ice-T on video game fanboys.
    Pick this up; yes, it is a steelbook.

FYI: The steelbook inside the box is not shrink wrapped sealed. There of course is
    shrink wrap around the box.

The Vengeance is about 6 inches long, 3 inches wide, and 1.5 inches tall. The
    removable stand adds another 2 inches to the height.