Page 2 of 4 << First 1 2 3 4 Last>>
    Quote Originally Posted by fryinpan1 View Post
    Will this player be able to handle picture in picture bonus features like In Movie Experience?
    You are looking for a player that is profile 1.1 compliant. Until I see a manual that says otherwise, I believe this player to be 1.0 compliant so no PiP.
    Video: 70" JVC HD-70G886, Denon 2807, Toshiba HD-A2, Toshiba BDX2000, aTV, SageTV
    Audio: Athena WS-100 (F), WS-60 (C,SL/R), WS-15 (SBL/R), AS-P4100
    The Nightman Cometh "You've got to pay the troll toll to get into this boy's hole. You've got to pay the troll toll to get in!"

Nice to see that prices are starting to become more consumer friendly. Damn me and my impatience!!!!!! I bought my Samsung bd-p1200 over Memorial Day weekend for $700!!! Oh well...thats what I get for not waiting. Have to say, I am happy with my Samsung. Maybe I will pick up another blu-ray player when prices are around $200 or less or when and if my Samsung starts to go fritzy on me.
    My mancave:

Display - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
    Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590, Sony PS3 320GB
    Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd), MacBook Pro 17" i5 750GB

Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)

"When your winning, fight like your losing"
    Not bad. Keep the price drops coming...on both sides.
    Those who trumpet their suffering are usually most deserving of agony.
    It also appears from their press release that Dolby TrueHD decoding isn't included in the BDP-S300. It mentions that the BDP-S1 will be getting an update shortly, but only LPCM and Dolby Digital Plus are mentioned for the S300.
    Scott J.
    Publisher - The BigScreen Cinema Guide

Default Manual for S300

Quote Originally Posted by BigScreen View Post
    It also appears from their press release that Dolby TrueHD decoding isn't included in the BDP-S300. It mentions that the BDP-S1 will be getting an update shortly, but only LPCM and Dolby Digital Plus are mentioned for the S300.
    the manual for S300

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/BDPS300.pdf

Audio information page on 48
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcriminal View Post
    Does anyone know of a company that will ship this player to the UK, But at US prices?
    Sure to be some on eBay as soon as they are available...
    Equipment: 15' wide 2.35:1 screen, ISCO III anamorphic lens, Cineo 3+ 1080p projector.
    My Cinema: The Cave!
    Quote Originally Posted by dominica View Post
    the manual for S300

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/BDPS300.pdf

Audio information page on 48
    I love it. Right there on page 5 BD-ROM profile 1 only. So no IME or PiP. In addition no TruHD. Sounds like everyone should save their money or buy a PS3. Here's for hoping 3rd gen players don't suck.
    Video: 70" JVC HD-70G886, Denon 2807, Toshiba HD-A2, Toshiba BDX2000, aTV, SageTV
    Audio: Athena WS-100 (F), WS-60 (C,SL/R), WS-15 (SBL/R), AS-P4100
    The Nightman Cometh "You've got to pay the troll toll to get into this boy's hole. You've got to pay the troll toll to get in!"

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmDoNut View Post
    I love it. Right there on page 5 BD-ROM profile 1 only. So no IME or PiP. In addition no TruHD. Sounds like everyone should save their money or buy a PS3. Here's for hoping 3rd gen players don't suck.
    Well, I'm a proud HD DVD owner, but I would consider purchasing a blu-ray player but only when: They figure out the glitches, it's more affordable (sorry, but that means around $150 for me, maybe even less) I've chosen HD DVD and I'm in no rush to spend $500 on another damn player!? I like my choice way too much
    player is 40 gig PS3. It's never blown up.
    I still when I'm nostalgic for 2006.
    I'll give Sony Some credit for this new player. However, I will only give them credit for TRYING to compete with HD-DVD prices. I will NOT give them full credit for putting out an elite player at a great price.
    IMO opinion. Sony deserves the same credit for this new player, that LG received for the dual player. Decent try. But still a dissapointment. To have NO PIP, and only giving TRUEHD to people with the best audio set-up is a bit of a bummer. I Thought for sure they would have the PIP option.
    I Just hope Samsungs Dual player (hopefully out by the holidays) gives a better effort than Sony and LG.
    I would still have to opt for the PS3 over this. However, I have NO interest in PS3, so I will have to wait for Samsung.
    Does anyone know of a company that will ship this player to the UK, But at US prices?
    Do you have a family member or friend in the US who will buy it, then ship it to you ??

What about the power differences from the USA to the UK...they are different.
    Does anyone know the UK price for this product ?

...and when is the release date ?
    Now the format war has truly begun. Hope the prices continue to drop and at a much faster pace. I think Sony was forced to go cheaper because Toshiba is doing a great job with their recent sales techniques to push hd dvd into the consumers hands.
    My mancave:

Display - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
    Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590, Sony PS3 320GB
    Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd), MacBook Pro 17" i5 750GB

Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)

"When your winning, fight like your losing"
    I think the next push will be Labor day weekend sales. By then this new player will have been out a while, and will have some reviews under it's belt. And combined with the $299 HD-DVD player, and the Weekend sales prices that (rebates, or free movies, or whatever) these players will have, I think there may be good sales numbers for both side on than weekend.

Default UK worst prices in world!?

No Chance, the closest I've found is Movietyme who ship from the states, but the prices arent as cheap. Problem is we get stitched on prices, this is bound to cost 500+ when it comes out in the U.K. Just look at PS3 $599 - 319 in the States 430 to us, also beaware that you will have to pay quite a bit of import duty, luckly Movietyme only put that my PS3 20GB (350) cost $80 on the import slip, still had to pay 50 though! You will get charged import duty and handling fee from courier, this is on anything over 18 that you import!

Your best bet is to ask someone going over to the states to stick one in their case for you! I'm coming over next year, so am planning on getting a new Blu Ray then, will be 3rd / 4th gen and should be even cheaper!! Region B sucks anyway, how much do they expect us to pay for films!!
    Panasonic 32" 1080p 24p LCD, Multi Region Panasonic DMP-BD55, Panasonic PTAE4000 Projector
    Xbox 360, PS3 (U.S), Wii, Denon Amp 7.1 THX EX
    : 260 Just in: Miss Potter (Ger), Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
    Now the format war has truly begun. Hope the prices continue to drop and at a much faster pace. I think Sony was forced to go cheaper because Toshiba is doing a great job with their recent sales techniques to push hd dvd into the consumers hands.
    I don't think there's any one moment where it has "truly begun." You ask some people, it was when HD DVD launched. You ask others, it was when Blu-Ray launched. You ask others still, and its when the PS3 launched. Now we have this. Soon we'll have the cheap HD DVD players in Wal-Mart. It's all sort of a slow build rather than an explosion.
    Those who trumpet their suffering are usually most deserving of agony.