Page 2 of 7 << First 1 2 3 4 ... Last>>
    I am not sure I have ever heard of Wilco.. It sounds like a discount store...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fettastic View Post
    Because they're stupid and have no idea what they are talking about?
    Or because their contract entitles them to royalties from DVD but not Blu-ray?

Just thinking aloud...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubert View Post

Just thinking aloud...
    I highly doubt that. Even if it were true, they could renegotiate and get it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubert View Post

Just thinking aloud...
    This makes the most sense to me. I've gotta think as musicians they know about Lossless and such. I mean Wilco is a famous band and I can't think of so many that would be braindead as to quality audio. After all, they're been famous musicians for quite a while so I would think it's because they know what they're doing in terms of audio.
    OLED, your CRT replacement!!! Perfect blacks and contrast.
    i think what the guy was trying to say was the source material isn't high def, therefore putting it on a high def format is not going to enhance the experience enough to pay the extra money it's going to cost on blu-ray. whether or not wilco's management is doing anything to the original film to enhance it for high def is unknown.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodywhore View Post
    i think what the guy was trying to say was the source material isn't high def, therefore putting it on a high def format is not going to enhance the experience enough to pay the extra money it's going to cost on blu-ray. whether or not wilco's management is doing anything to the original film to enhance it for high def is unknown.
    Which speaks to my claim that they are idiots that don't know what they're talking about.

You do know that 16mm film IS HD.....right?
    Such a BIG DEAL!!! I've been saying don't waste your money on Blu for months.
    = 22
    Dumped Dish and moved over to DirecTV mostly to get 3D content.
    DVD = 500+
    Which speaks to my claim that they are idiots that don't know what they're talking about.

You do know that 16mm film IS HD.....right?
    Or maybe they saw their own video and thought it sucked PQ and AQ wise.
    Display: Samsung 52" LNT5271F LCD 1080/24p 120Hz
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR606 5.1
    HD players: Samsung BDP-1600 Profile 2.0, PS3 - 160GB
    Lite-On 4x BD-ROM (for PC) , PowerDVD 7.3/8.0 Ultra, Corel WinDVD 9
    : 111
    : 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    So are you not watching any of the new releases on Blu-Ray? Are you just skipping them altogether or are you watching them on DVD?
    Hmmmmm.......Just wondering how many great movies I have enjoyed on Blu-ray whilst you have been saying this
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
    the Neil Young Blu Ray set should be amazing.
    but it is going to be a real wallet-buster plain and simple.
    maybe over $200 imo.
    and he went back on saying it would be bd only.
    it's coming on sd as well.
    Funnily, they're up for preorder now. It's over $200 even on DVD.

List prices are: DVD $344.99, Blu-ray $431.99.

amazon prices $240.99 and $301.99 respectively.

Not a Neil Young fan, but I'd be much more comfortable paying $30 per BD than $24 per DVD.
    Stick to your hard drives....they are the future.
    On Amazon.com, the single-disc version of the film costs $17.99, the two-disc DVD set will run you $24.99, and the Blu-ray edition, which will be released Nov. 18, is selling at a pre-order price of $30.99." Yes $30.00 is nearly twice as much as $24.99.!
    How did Indy 4 end up for you? BD selling for more then the DVD even though the MSRPs on the 2 Disc DVD set was the same as the BD?

Remember, must people do not shop at Amazon. If so, Iron Man would have sold more BD units as its regulary been higher then the DVD in sales ranks. Most people shop B&M stores and the BD will be priced a good 30-40% more.

While I don't agree with the twice as much comment (because its obviously not), most people tend to go the cheaper route when multiple versions are released and a $19.99 MSRP DVD and $34.99 MSRP are different.
    Quote Originally Posted by ack_bak View Post
    I am not sure I have ever heard of Wilco.. It sounds like a discount store...
    I have no idea who Wilco is either...and I thought the exact same thing as you. Wasn't there a drug store called Wilco (or Wilcox) at some point?
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
    How did Indy 4 end up for you? BD selling for more then the DVD even though the MSRPs on the 2 Disc DVD set was the same as the BD?

Remember, must people do not shop at Amazon. If so, Iron Man would have sold more BD units as its regulary been higher then the DVD in sales ranks. Most people shop B&M stores and the BD will be priced a good 30-40% more.

While I don't agree with the twice as much comment (because its obviously not), most people tend to go the cheaper route when multiple versions are released and a $19.99 MSRP DVD and $34.99 MSRP are different.
    I don't agree with the most people philosophy either. This goes for some people and warnings as well. (Matrix-style).

Pro-B