Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bigsef3 is offline Member

Default Free Satellite TV over the internet? - its got to be a scam

I'm not providing any links, but if you do a websearch for free internet tv, all sorts of sites will pop up promising if you download this media player, you can watch all these satellite channels free. other sites have you pay them a nominal fee. This sounds too good to be true, so it probably is. does anyone here have experience with these sites?

deano 177 is offline Member

One of my friends has the "free air" satalite setup where you "capture" any signals that are in your "air space" above your property. He likes it. He is upgrading to the hd version soon. Dishjocky.com.

I downloaded a few of these and tried them and for the most part they were useless for me.
    They had the occasional espn or movie channel and some soccer sports channels.
    One even had american sci-fi network but the picture quality was pretty bad.
    Most of them seem to be based in the orient with lots of oriental content and most of the time i couldn't tell what the names of the movies were because the were listed in Japanese.
    If you're into watching stuff over the internet though i highly recommend a website called tv links.
    Huge number of tv shows,anime ,movies.

http://tv-links.co.uk/

anya14 is offline Member

Default free online tv channels, music, news, sport, movies

live-tv-channels.com is a great tv portal, you can watch online tv for free, and search any movie or tv show you want to.

checkingout is offline Member

TV-LINK link hasn't worked in quite awhile. I agree, it was cool while it lasted.

Jared is offline Member

This reminds me of that thing Slingbox. I keep hearing advertisements for it but don't really know too much about it. Does anybody have one or know what they are all about? I hear you pay like a one-time $150 for the equipment and then there are no subscription fees.
    Toshiba HD-A35
    HD DVD drive
    BD player
    discs owned: 63
    discs owned: ?
    standard DVDs owned: ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    This reminds me of that thing Slingbox. I keep hearing advertisements for it but don't really know too much about it. Does anybody have one or know what they are all about? I hear you pay like a one-time $150 for the equipment and then there are no subscription fees.
    Slingbox allows you to stream your cable or satellite connection over the internet so you can watch it when you are away.

Jared is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by thedynamicuno View Post
    Slingbox allows you to stream your cable or satellite connection over the internet so you can watch it when you are away.
    Well yeah, I knew that.
    Toshiba HD-A35
    HD DVD drive
    BD player
    discs owned: 63
    discs owned: ?
    standard DVDs owned: ?

JAWoOKIE is offline Spam Hunter

I was going to try this but I bought the USB tuner for my laptop instead. Picks up all the local channels in HD. Great for football days at work. LOL

jh3336 is offline Member

Default internet tv on tv set

can I watch internet tv on my tv set?

hd dvd

I get all my locals in HD over a $20 antenna from Wally world

but, I would LOVE to ditch HDirecTV...
    just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...
    RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 , SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 /, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw

Wow,a 2 yr old thread lives again.

Popcorn Hour A-110 + DTVPal DVR and I am so glad I ditched Time Warner and my $100 a month cable bill.
    Westinghouse 42" 1080P LCD + Onkyo 705 + Popcorn Hour C-200 w/ LG BD + X360 Elite + HD DVD + DS + Wii

Blu-rays: 53
    HD DVDs: 11
    HD MKVs: 194

dfms23 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by tranzparentl View Post
    Popcorn Hour A-110 + DTVPal DVR and I am so glad I ditched Time Warner and my $100 a month cable bill.
    I have no idea what you just said! lol. I also want to ditch my DirecTV, though, so if you could translate to me exactly how you did that would be excellent

Talking

I ditched about $20 a month and lost 5 HD Channels; after their big free preview weekend, I'm gonna ditch the rest, at least until College Football starts.
    just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...
    RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 , SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 /, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast