Angry Panasonic BD35 - No Disk error

I've bought a BD35 a few months ago and tried to watch a movie tonight and it says No Disk. I tried a couple different disks and got the same result.

Has anyone else had problems with their 35? I searched online and found a few threads on Panasonic DVD players errors but I can't find any threads on Panasonics Blu-ray players having this problem.

I watched a movie last week and it worked perfectly so I'm a little stumped as to why it would just die like that.

This is my first Panasonic product and I bought it off of the glowing reviews so I'm assuming I just got a lemon but it still makes me question whether I should get another Panasonic or switch to a different brand.

I saved my box and everything so I will give Panasonic a call this weekend and see what I have to do to return/exchange this but I'm pretty bummed about this only lasting a few months.
    Over 400 Blu-rays and growing...
    How much of a warrenty do you have? I'd get if fixed if you can... I sent in my bd-p2500 for the same exact reason. Couldn't be happier now that it's back.
    Toshiba 55" 55HT1U LCD (1080p@24fps) w/Tivo HD, Harmony 880
    HDM Players: Toshiba HD-A30, Samsung BD-P2500 (wow! reon!)
    Onkyo TX-605SR, F Polk Monitor 50s bi-amped, C CS1, Yamaha sur & sub
    X-Box 360, Wii, DreamCast, DS
    HDM Count - Hopless
    Wii: 0774-4826-1902, Disney: Guest13971, WB: crazzeto Uni: Locutus4657 Sony: crazzeto

*view pictures of my home theater and movies (out dated)
    You need a new drive in the BR player. Warranty will cover it and you'll get it back quickly.

-comix
    Display: Epson HC 6100 Proj/106" Da-Lite High Power screen or Panasonic 50" Plasma
    Receiver & Speakers : Yamaha AVR HTR-5940 / Boston Acoustic LCR DSi495 & Rears DSi455 (In-Ceiling)
    Sources: Toshiba HD-A3 (86 titles), Panasonic BD655AK (240 titles), Sage TV HD HTPC (8TB), Comcast w/crappy HD, SD-DVD ~950
    Quote Originally Posted by comixguru View Post
    You need a new drive in the BR player. Warranty will cover it and you'll get it back quickly.

-comix
    Yeah, that "no disc" error message means the laser has gone out. If you try a DVD the red laser might still be working, but that's not what you bought the player for. Panasonic's warranty is 1 year parts & labor, so time to give them a call.
    My player build date was September of 2008 which is well within the 1 year warranty so time shouldn't be a problem.

I am a little worried because on Panasonics website it says a receipt is required. I haven't really searched yet and I'm hoping I still have the receipt but if I don't will that cause problems? If I go to BestBuy can they look it up in their system and print a new receipt?

I know I'm probably jumping the gun a bit on questions because I haven't even talked to Panasonic customer service yet but I'm not going to be able to get to call them until Tuesday and I'm just wondering how consumer friendly their service is.
    A lot of times you can get around that receipt requirement pretty easily.. Your build date will get you through it, I wouldn't worry about it... When they ask just say "hey, sorry I think I lost that, sorry....". They'll let you send it in and they'll almost certainly honor the warrenty.
    Toshiba 55" 55HT1U LCD (1080p@24fps) w/Tivo HD, Harmony 880
    HDM Players: Toshiba HD-A30, Samsung BD-P2500 (wow! reon!)
    Onkyo TX-605SR, F Polk Monitor 50s bi-amped, C CS1, Yamaha sur & sub
    X-Box 360, Wii, DreamCast, DS
    HDM Count - Hopless
    Wii: 0774-4826-1902, Disney: Guest13971, WB: crazzeto Uni: Locutus4657 Sony: crazzeto

*view pictures of my home theater and movies (out dated)
    Quote Originally Posted by vooswing View Post
    My player build date was September of 2008 which is well within the 1 year warranty so time shouldn't be a problem.

I am a little worried because on Panasonics website it says a receipt is required. I haven't really searched yet and I'm hoping I still have the receipt but if I don't will that cause problems? If I go to BestBuy can they look it up in their system and print a new receipt?

I know I'm probably jumping the gun a bit on questions because I haven't even talked to Panasonic customer service yet but I'm not going to be able to get to call them until Tuesday and I'm just wondering how consumer friendly their service is.
    As someone who works for Best Buy, you can get a receipt re-printed if you used a reward zone card, AND/OR if you paid with a credit card, check or debit card. If you paid with cash or a gift card and didn't use the reward zone card you'd be out of luck. But there's a pretty good chance you used one of those, right? If so they can print you a duplicate receipt at Best Buy. Just figure out what the date of purchase was, and it will help them find it faster.
    Thanks for the help guys...

I will give Panasonic a call and see if they need the receipt, hopefully they don't because I looked tonight and couldn't find it but I'm about 99% sure I used my reward zone card, I can't imagine why I wouldn't have, so if they do need a receipt it looks like I'm good either way.

Thanks again for alleviating some of my worries. I've been very fortunate and never had an electronic device die on me (not in the first couple of years anyway) so I've never had to deal with this before.
    A little update...

Panasonic has incredible customer service!

I spoke with them on the 9th and mailed off my BD35 on the 10th. They said it usuallly takes about 2 weeks but to my surprise it was delieverd today..

10 days total including shipping time from Vegas to Elgin Illinois and back... that's just awesome. No charge for anything except shipping it to them, which was about $20 including insurance. It sucks I got a lemon but I must say Panasonic definately redeemed themselves to me with their excellent service.