Default DLP Screen Tilted?

Hey guys,

For as long as i have owned (2 years) my Samsung 61 inch DLP i have noticed while watching movies that the screen is slightly crooked. When i measure the black bars on wide screen movies i notice that there is at least a half inch difference between the left side at the top of the screen to the right side. So the image is actually slightly tilted.

Now i can grab the corners of the TV and sort of push and pull to level the screen out, but is this normal? It kind of sounds like there was some sort of tape around the edges od the screen that perhaps came unstuck.

Thanks,
    Kyle
    Its a convergence problem, happens with projections. Have it fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by sonyfanboy View Post
    Its a convergence problem, happens with projections. Have it fixed
    He dones spokz da truff!! (he speaks the truth) Same thing happened to my brother. your lights are not at speaking terms with your mirrors.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAWoOKIE View Post
    He dones spokz da truff!! (he speaks the truth) Same thing happened to my brother. your lights are not at speaking terms with your mirrors.
    Ah, thanks guys. So it has nothing to with the screen possibly bowing or anything? I can sort of pull on one side of the screen towards me if i'm standing directly in front of it and it levels it out slightly.
    How old is the TV? I would have it looked at if it's still under warranty. Convergence generally is color misalignment. To have one side of the screen physically higher then the other is strange. Is there any keystone correction or any other fine tuning for the physical shape of the screen?
    My Home Theater
    Display - 18" Dynex with 2:1 Ultra Contrast
    Audio - Samsung Soundbar W/4" Subwoofer
    Consoles - Super Nintendo, Playstation 1
    Comfort - Rite Aid Folding Lawn Chairs
    **Saving up for Insignia Blu Ray Player **
    Quote Originally Posted by GardenVariety View Post
    How old is the TV? I would have it looked at if it's still under warranty. Convergence generally is color misalignment. To have one side of the screen physically higher then the other is strange. Is there any keystone correction or any other fine tuning for the physical shape of the screen?
    The TVs only a two years old or so. I dont know about any fine tuning for the shape of the TV itself. What should i look for? Its the Samsung 61 inch 87 series i beleive.
    Come to think of it, I only think keystoning is available on lcd based displays. I think the others may be right in regards to the misalignment of the mirrors/bulbs.
    My Home Theater
    Display - 18" Dynex with 2:1 Ultra Contrast
    Audio - Samsung Soundbar W/4" Subwoofer
    Consoles - Super Nintendo, Playstation 1
    Comfort - Rite Aid Folding Lawn Chairs
    **Saving up for Insignia Blu Ray Player **
    samsung dlp 61", I've had it for a year and half myself, and the screen is basically a flexy POS. issue is NOT convergence, as someone pointed out earlier that is incorrect color alignment on older tvs with three light/color sources.
    problem is the screens samsung used in our tvs are just plain too "flexy" Try giving samsung a call, though. Most likely they will tell you this misalignment is "within expected tolerances" and politely tell you to f@!# off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunyaga View Post
    samsung dlp 61", I've had it for a year and half myself, and the screen is basically a flexy POS. issue is NOT convergence, as someone pointed out earlier that is incorrect color alignment on older tvs with three light/color sources.
    problem is the screens samsung used in our tvs are just plain too "flexy" Try giving samsung a call, though. Most likely they will tell you this misalignment is "within expected tolerances" and politely tell you to f@!# off.
    I'm pretty sure mine is an older model with the color wheel.