Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast
    bujee1 is offline Member

Cool ** OFFICIAL ** Thread for the Projection HT

I really enjoyed reading about Mr Speakers new theater.
    Now that I have a projector I can't get enough of it. Why not have a thread for people that must go very big with their Hi Def experience?

What do you have in your setup?

What screen Do you like? Is one better than others for high def?

How do you control your light?

Projector guys, reply with your thoughts, suggestions and questions.

Maybe the moderators will make this a sticky.
    My Theater:
    Panasonic AE4000U Projector, 100" Elite Screen, Onkyo TX-SR606 Reciever, Klipsch Synergy F1 Towers, C1 Center speaker with B1 bookshelf Surrounds, 2 Boston Acoustics 12" Subs, 1 KLH 10" sub behind my chair (don't knock it till you try it!)
    Sony PS3 60g, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung BD-UP5000, Sony 400 disc BDP-CX960 Blu-Ray changer

jeffreybehr is offline Member

I'd love to have a PJ forum; we don't?

I just bought my 1st, an Epson 1080 UB. It lives in a case behind me...

I started with a 76"-wide electric-rollup screen I bought used locally, but just yesterday I upgraded to a new 80"-wide Severtson screen.

I have 2 HDMI cables to the PJ, an Audioquest HDMI-1 from the Samsung 5000 and an inexpensive monoprice from the cable-HDDVR.

My largish (21' wide by 19' deep) room has a rising ceiling with 2 2X4' skylites in it; one's visible in this pic...

Currently they're covered with multiple layers of 4'-wide 40-pound craft paper, but I plan to install blackout sliding shades.

Here's a pic from last nite, a long exposure taken handheld with the camera rested on the soft back of the couch.

I'm THRILLED with my new HT.
    Last edited by jeffreybehr; 07-05-2008 at 02:23 PM.

cleeve is offline Member

looks absolutely fantastic behr.
    Blu-ray Discs Owned: 237

Pioneer 60" Kuro 600M
    SVSound SVS-01 5.1 Surround Sound
    Onkyo SR-TX805 Receiver
    Sony PS3 Slim 120GB Console
    Microsoft Xbox 360 S 250GB Console
    Logitech Harmony 720 Universal Remote

bujee1 is offline Member

Nice setup Behr!

Here is mine:

My room is small. 12x12. It's not a pretty picture behind those curtains to block out the light. Foam core covered with velvet and duct tape! Behind that are typical blinds which show through the window to the street so my wife won't cry about the curb appeal.
    My Theater:
    Panasonic AE4000U Projector, 100" Elite Screen, Onkyo TX-SR606 Reciever, Klipsch Synergy F1 Towers, C1 Center speaker with B1 bookshelf Surrounds, 2 Boston Acoustics 12" Subs, 1 KLH 10" sub behind my chair (don't knock it till you try it!)
    Sony PS3 60g, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung BD-UP5000, Sony 400 disc BDP-CX960 Blu-Ray changer

hatih is offline Member

I'm sorry to see that this thread isn't more active since projectors are the way to get most out of Hi Def. I didn't post here before because although my baby can do 720p I use it with SD resolution.

I'll try now to revive this thread before it's too late by showing why I'm little worried about the fact that when I move to FullHD projector I need to replace my self made painted wood plate screen with regular screen made out of fabric.
    http://www.kolumbus.fi/harri.h/rojut/jahti.JPG

I have a very nice Optoma hd 80 full hd projector sitting on a bookshelf about 1 1/2 ft up from the floor shining on a 92 inch da-lite 1.1 gain manual pulldown screen.
    The screen is in front of my dvd racks.

I love my Mist. 5000 but I will be upgrading to the new 6000 soon.

Arkadin is offline Member

I can't wait to get a projector.
    Only mere months ago I got my 50 inch Kuro, and while I absolutely love it, I am already looking forward to a bigger screen.
    Now that I have enjoyed the much larger crystal clear pq I cannot stop thinking about having a "real" dedicated home theater room.
    I just got my new Paradigm center channel cc290, and I cannot get over how big it is. I'm very anxious to get to hear it, but I'm still waiting for the new Pioneer receivers.
    I know I'll be looking for recommendations here at HDD when I am ready to take the plunge.

dandeeswish is offline Member

Nice setup JeffJealous!!! LOL!
    "Your Angels speak with jilted Tongues."

jeffreybehr is offline Member

TY all very much for your positive comments. Since those pics I've moved the equipment rack to the left of the left-channel speaker, more-or-less centered the screen (blackened in this pic)...

...and replaced the line of tweeters with some dome tweeters I'm evaluating.

In spite of my now-35-degree viewing angle, I'm considering replacing my new 80"-wide screen with a 90" of the same type. Just stupid, I guess.
    Over 400 HD discs, and still with an Oppo '95.

bujee1 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreybehr View Post
    TY all very much for your positive comments. Since those pics I've moved the equipment rack to the left of the left-channel speaker, more-or-less centered the screen (blackened in this pic)...

...and replaced the line of tweeters with some dome tweeters I'm evaluating.

In spite of my now-35-degree viewing angle, I'm considering replacing my new 80"-wide screen with a 90" of the same type. Just stupid, I guess.
    Not stupid. You have balance out those speakers.

I'm glad the thread is back from the dead.
    My Theater:

We should keep this going!! i love projectors Right now as u can see in my sig i am still on my 1st projector...It isnt HD but it can downscale HD content and it looks amazing on the big screen. I have mine covering an entire wall and its about 200 inches with the addition of 7.1 surround sound it really feels like being in the movie theater at home, anyone considering a projetor should do IT NOW! yull never regret it, its also a great croud pleaser
    My Setup: http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/j...eWrathOfBambi/
    Lumenlabs evo 1.2 LCD video projector
    JVC RX-D411S 7.1 surround sound receiver
    Playstation 3 40 gig version
    Xbox 360
    Toshiba HD-A3 Player = Bought another one got a really cheap deal and couldnt resist... lol plus, hd dvd's can be bought for super cheap now!
    Sega Dreamcast Nintendo wii
    Blu Rays i own: 20
    HD DVD's i own 21

Neutral101 is offline Member

I love using my projector to watch films and football games. I have a Runco for a while now and looking for new projector in the upcoming weeks.
    My system:
    Projector - 1080p Runco Video Xtreme VX-2000d
    Screen - 120 inch Carada
    Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-ray player
    Toshiba HD-XA2 HD-DVD player
    Onkyo TX-NR905 receiver
    Martin Logan Clarity Speakers

themiz69 is offline Member

i think a PJ thread would be nice. mostly for pics but also for info, lol. i should be picking up a mitsubishi hc1500 on friday.(fingers crossed)
    Display 1: 37" Olevia LCD
    Display 2: Planar PD7060 720P Projector @ 92"
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-V663
    Fronts: Paradigm Monitor 11's
    Center: Paradigm CC-390
    Rears: Paradigm Mini Monitors
    Samsung BD-UP5000
    Toshiba HD-A35 x2, Xbox 360 Add On x 3, Toshiba SD-H802A(???)
    (Elite) x3, Nintendo Wii, (320GB BC)
    's = 250+ 's = 160+

SLARITY is offline Member

sigh...currently shopping for a house that has a room worth buying a project for. soon enough victory will be mine!
    Current Setup
    Epson 6100 1080p Projector, 126" of HD Goodness
    Playstation 3 (60gb, HDMI all around)
    Denon 1910 Receiver
    Infinity Entra II Fronts,
    Entra Surround Backs
    Entra center
    Entra II Sub
    Infinity Primus Surrounds

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast