Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    bujee1 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by hatih View Post
    I didn't find pictures of my projector with quick search but here are some images from the screen:
    Here is a good use for my projector, sadly this is very rare sight in my screen.
    http://www.kolumbus.fi/harri.h/kotit...i/IMG_7968.JPG

Why is this image here? Because there is no wrong place for Commando
    http://www.kolumbus.fi/harri.h/kotit...i/IMG_7453.JPG

I tried to use this projector with my PS2 but since I don't have better way to connect them together than s-video I would need a line doubler to get a decent picture.
    http://www.kolumbus.fi/harri.h/kotit...i/170_7012.JPG
    (TV is 34" and screen is 2 meters wide (about 6,5 feet, I think))

Projector is Barco Data 701, basic CRT-projector. I use it with SD resolution (it can do 720p but that drives it over its specs) so for me HD-time in projector world is still future. (At the moment it seems to be in distant future, I had a plan to upgrade my projector and TV early next year but repairing a house is so damn expensive that I think I must postpone that upgrade.) My house is so small that I don't have separate viewing room, irony is in the fact that I lived years in apartments that had an extra room for projector but at the time I actually got a projector I had to put it in living room.
    http://www.curtpalme.com/Barco701.shtm
    That looks like a big projector.
    How is it mounted in your living room?
    What kind of screen do you have? Is it fixed or pulldown? Electric?
    My Theater:
    Panasonic AE4000U Projector, 100" Elite Screen, Onkyo TX-SR606 Reciever, Klipsch Synergy F1 Towers, C1 Center speaker with B1 bookshelf Surrounds, 2 Boston Acoustics 12" Subs, 1 KLH 10" sub behind my chair (don't knock it till you try it!)
    Sony PS3 60g, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung BD-UP5000, Sony 400 disc BDP-CX960 Blu-Ray changer

bujee1 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chickengas View Post
    How about cheap alternatives to block out light, but still have a nice looking room? Anyone build their own screen? I am looking into a projector with scope lens and building a screen with a 2.35:1 ratio for scope movies with movable masking to convert it to 16:9 for flat presentations.
    Hello Chikengas,

There are two large windows behind those curtains. In the window are basic blinds so not to detract from curb appeal. Between the curtains and the blinds is foam core covered with another layer of velvet. There is painter's tape around the edges to block any remaining light. It's not pretty beneath those curtains but the light is effectively blocked out.
    Regarding your plan to couple a anamorphic screen setup with a DIY screen:
    I can't help with that. I'm not good with tools and $500 for my elite EZ frame was too good a deal to pass up.

By the way, you changed your sig. Did you finally get a new reciever and speakers? What did you you get?
    My Theater:
    Panasonic AE4000U Projector, 100" Elite Screen, Onkyo TX-SR606 Reciever, Klipsch Synergy F1 Towers, C1 Center speaker with B1 bookshelf Surrounds, 2 Boston Acoustics 12" Subs, 1 KLH 10" sub behind my chair (don't knock it till you try it!)
    Sony PS3 60g, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung BD-UP5000, Sony 400 disc BDP-CX960 Blu-Ray changer

Quote Originally Posted by Chickengas View Post
    How about cheap alternatives to block out light, but still have a nice looking room? Anyone build their own screen? I am looking into a projector with scope lens and building a screen with a 2.35:1 ratio for scope movies with movable masking to convert it to 16:9 for flat presentations.
    Make a pinewood frame for each window and add a thin plywoodbacking to stop light from entering your room.

Stain a dark alcohol stain to the woodframe and backing and varnish so that it looks nice.

Get some wood sculpture figures from any fleamarket.

The idea is the figures are placed into the woodframe to increase curb appeal sort of a mini-showroom for your wooden sculpture figures.

The wooden frames cut the light reaching your entertainment room.

When seen from the outside it looks like you have each window as a mini showroom for some wood sculptures.

When seen from the inside you have a scenic picture or painting placed on each wood frame so that it looks like you are showing off either picture or paintings.

Its a huge score as far as W.A.F. numbers go.

Some folks change the wood scuptures each month as neighbors keep stopping to have a look at the window displays.

Hope this helps.

Got to go as my finger just got bit by a drilltip as I was doing a new frame setup.
    To stir mens blood dreams must be vast or else they have no power.

hatih is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by bujee1 View Post
    That looks like a big projector.
    How is it mounted in your living room?
    What kind of screen do you have? Is it fixed or pulldown? Electric?
    It's one of the smallest CRT-projectors, weighing only 39kg (84lbs), it has only 7" tubes. Better CRTs with 8" or 9" tubes weigh from 60kg (131lbs) to 110kg (242,5lbs). I made a table for it, cut the legs in right height. Which is a little problem because it takes so much floor space in my small room but I don't know where in my ceiling there are points that can hold that much weight and I don't want to find out. That is maybe the biggest reason why I want to upgrade for an FullHd-lcd projector, I can put that in the ceiling.

Screen is fixed self made wood plate painted with matte white. Which is why you can see the first picture, if the screen was made from fabric I would have done something else than taking pictures when those cats started to try to catch that ball. I need to change that also when I change projector, for two reasons. First is the fact that screen is 4:3 and new projector will be 16:9. Second is space issue, with wide screen I need a pulldown screen so I can move my TV from next to screen to center where it will be behind the screen when I use projector. Which means that I need a new TV also when I upgrade my projector. Which means that it will be one expensive upgrade.

Problem is that I really like my current projector and TV, they are close to perfect for 4:3 content, I truly regret that I don't have space to put them as a secondary system for retro gaming and such activities.

bujee1 is offline Member

Default Show us your screen walls!

I have seen tons of projector setups in the post your setup thread. Wouldn't it be nice to see them all in one place?

If you've already posted in Post your setup, dig up your photos and post again here!

We'd love to see them!
    My Theater:

I'll post some photos as soon as I get a new computer. My home computer took a dump the other week.
    Sony VPL-HW55ES w/ a 118" 16x9 screen
    Emotiva XPA-7; Integra DHC-80.3
    NHT 3.3 (L,R) NHT AC-2 (C) NHT AC-2 (Side Surrounds) NHT AC-2 (Rear Surrounds) HSU VTF3-HO and HSU VTF-15H (Subs)
    Oppo BDP-103D; Sony HAP-S1/S Hi-Res Music Player; Panamax 5100-EX; Directv Genie Go; Playstation 4
    : 567 Last Purchased: Blood Simple (Criterion)
    3D: 60 Last Purchased: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    http://www.criterion.com/my_criterion/56857-scott-b

themiz69 is offline Member

lets keep this topic moving! i just purchased my first PJ also...Planar PD7060.
    Display 1: 37" Olevia LCD
    Display 2: Planar PD7060 720P Projector @ 92"
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-V663
    Fronts: Paradigm Monitor 11's
    Center: Paradigm CC-390
    Rears: Paradigm Mini Monitors
    Samsung BD-UP5000
    Toshiba HD-A35 x2, Xbox 360 Add On x 3, Toshiba SD-H802A(???)
    (Elite) x3, Nintendo Wii, (320GB BC)
    's = 250+ 's = 160+

bujee1 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by themiz69 View Post
    lets keep this topic moving! i just purchased my first PJ also...Planar PD7060.
    Congratulations!
    Details?
    Screen size?
    room size ?
    Don't make us beg!
    My Theater:

themiz69 is offline Member

Congratulations!
    Details?
    Screen size?
    room size ?
    Don't make us beg!
    thanks. right now im at about 92" in a 9x12 room with a VERY temporary setup projecting on a wall. the image is surprisingly great. 92" i feel is a little bit on the small side but when im ready to fully install this PJ in my new place i think im going 120"!
    Display 1: 37" Olevia LCD
    Display 2: Planar PD7060 720P Projector @ 92"
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-V663
    Fronts: Paradigm Monitor 11's
    Center: Paradigm CC-390
    Rears: Paradigm Mini Monitors
    Samsung BD-UP5000
    Toshiba HD-A35 x2, Xbox 360 Add On x 3, Toshiba SD-H802A(???)
    (Elite) x3, Nintendo Wii, (320GB BC)
    's = 250+ 's = 160+

bujee1 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by themiz69 View Post
    thanks. right now im at about 92" in a 9x12 room with a VERY temporary setup projecting on a wall. the image is surprisingly great. 92" i feel is a little bit on the small side but when im ready to fully install this PJ in my new place i think im going 120"!
    You going to love playing Gears of War on a 120" screen!

I started playing it again on the big screen and it's like playing a new game!
    My Theater:

My setup is:

11x15 room.
    Blue Walls.
    92" Carada Brilliant White Screen
    Epson 1080UB Shelf Mounted
    Denon 3808Ci
    Polk RTIA9's, Polk CSIA6, FXi 5's x 4 for Surrounds
    Polk DSW PRO Sub
    Carvin DCM2000 amping fronts.

I'll try and get pictures tonight.
    My Home Theater
    Display - 18" Dynex with 2:1 Ultra Contrast
    Audio - Samsung Soundbar W/4" Subwoofer
    Consoles - Super Nintendo, Playstation 1
    Comfort - Rite Aid Folding Lawn Chairs
    **Saving up for Insignia Blu Ray Player **

hatih is offline Member

My next projector will most likely be a Mitsubishi, either HC5500 or HC6500.
    http://www.projectorcentral.com/mits...500_review.htm
    (It has even the support for anamorphic lens, which someone in this thread wanted.)

bujee1 is offline Member

My next projector will most likely be a Mitsubishi, either HC5500 or HC6500.
    http://www.projectorcentral.com/mits...500_review.htm
    (It has even the support for anamorphic lens, which someone in this thread wanted.)
    The PTae3000 may be out of your range but I hear it can do anamorphic without adding a lens. That is the projector I dream about. When I finish school that will be my graduation present.
    My Theater:

hatih is offline Member

The PTae3000 may be out of your range but I hear it can do anamorphic without adding a lens.
    I personally don't need anamorphic support, I'm interested of Mitsubishi because of the noise. Or the lack of it, my current baby is not very quiet. You can mod a crt-projector so that it's considerably more quiet, some models can be made practically silent to my understanding, but I'm not that handy.

I personally don't need anamorphic support, I'm interested of Mitsubishi because of the noise. Or the lack of it, my current baby is not very quiet. You can mod a crt-projector so that it's considerably more quiet, some models can be made practically silent to my understanding, but I'm not that handy.
    My JVC is pretty darn quiet. And it puts out a very nice picture as well. Check them out if you can.
    Sony VPL-HW55ES w/ a 118" 16x9 screen
    Emotiva XPA-7; Integra DHC-80.3
    NHT 3.3 (L,R) NHT AC-2 (C) NHT AC-2 (Side Surrounds) NHT AC-2 (Rear Surrounds) HSU VTF3-HO and HSU VTF-15H (Subs)
    Oppo BDP-103D; Sony HAP-S1/S Hi-Res Music Player; Panamax 5100-EX; Directv Genie Go; Playstation 4
    : 567 Last Purchased: Blood Simple (Criterion)
    3D: 60 Last Purchased: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    http://www.criterion.com/my_criterion/56857-scott-b

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast