Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    zapper is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalW View Post
    GREYSCALE & COLOUR CALIBRATION FOR DUMMIES is not a calibration disk. It's a guide to using the free ColorHCFR software together with a couple of the least expensive sensors together with the $18 Digital Video Essentials:HD Basics.

Digital Video Essentials:HD Basics was picked as it's the absolute cheapest commercial calibration disc out there.

Kal
    What is the most cheapest or best sensor available currently? Can it be used with the latest HD-DVD calibration disk? Thanks for your response.

kalW is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by zapper View Post
    What is the most cheapest or best sensor available currently? Can it be used with the latest HD-DVD calibration disk? Thanks for your response.
    You really need to read the guide. It's all in there. That's the whole point of the guide!

Kal

zapper is offline Member

Again thanks for your reply, will read and go from their.

kalW is offline Member

FAQ: Which Meter is Right for Me?

Colorimeters, Spectroradiometers/Spectrophotometers? What's the difference and why do I care?

Figuring out which meter to use for calibration is often the hardest part of calibration, so I've put together a FAQ: Which Meter is Right for Me? It covers everyone from budget Spyder2 and Eye-One Display 2 / LT meters up to the the higher end professional grade Chroma 5, Eye-One PRO, and Hubble (Sencore OTC1000) meters.

The worse thing you can do is buy either a meter that is severly overpriced or underperforming for your specific needs. Give it a read and figure out which meter is right for you.

Hope it helps!

Kal

SamBeckett is offline Member

Super Job!!!!!! Very informative.

and Kal I looked at your HT - how high is your ceiling? Im in the pre-pre-pre-planning stages of doing a HT (meaning I haven't convinced my wife yet) but my ceiling is way low and I don't think I'll be able to do the 2 rows of seats like I would like. Your HT is exactly like I would want.

kalW is offline Member

Thanks Sam!

The ceiling in my basement is 7.5 feet high and the riser with the second row seating is 12 inches high.

The two rules of risers:

1. It's never high enough
    2. See rule 1.

If I could have gone higher I would have. The way it works now if the second row people want to recline they can only have 100% view if the first row is also at least partially reclined.

Funny you should bring this up but I just updated all of my HT pics a few minutes ago as I've changed a TON of stuff and haven't put new pictures up in over 2-3 years.

A teaser:

See here for more photos.

Kal

Blinx123 is offline Member

Wow.

Many changes on Curtpalme.com since I last visited this page.

I will definately try this on my new 47" LG60 when it arrives at the end of next week.

Can't wait to see what's behind this ISF service options.
    PSN/XBL: BLINX1234

Bernie 2016!

Interim Project Leader @ Platinum Arts

Currently working on the next generation of Platinum Arts Sandbox.
    An easy to use, multi-platform gaming engine for Windows, Mac OS X and GNU/Linux (next generation console releases TBA)

GregB is offline Member

Wow. Saved me some money.
    Blu-ray Discs: 20

If I could afford the calibration stuff, I'd use your guide. Maybe when I get caught up financially...sigh!

Your home theater room is awesome! Very impressed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12