Default Hooking up PC to TV but I cant get sound

Title says it all.

I hooked up my PC through VGA cable to my Kuro 5080. I see the picture just fine but I am not able to get sound to come out from my TV speaker or speakers that are plugged into my computer. BTW I'm viewing this webpage right now on my TV. Can I please get some help fast?
    If you only have your PC hooked up with a VGA cable, you are going to need a cable for audio as well.
    A VGA cable does not carry any audio signal.

Depending on the audio output of your sound card will depend on how you are going to hook it up
    Toshiba A3
    Sony PS3
    Panasonic AE1000 - 108" of 1080P
    Onkyo 605 - Loving lossless Audio
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks4legs View Post
    If you only have your PC hooked up with a VGA cable, you are going to need a cable for audio as well.
    A VGA cable does not carry any audio signal.

Depending on the audio output of your sound card will depend on how you are going to hook it up
    neither does DVI
    Behind your television, next to the VGA input, there should be one of two types of inputs for sound. Either a stereo (Red and White) input, or most likely a stereo mini input (the type of connector you use for headphones). If that is the case, you'll need a stereo mini cable to go from your audio output on the computer to the PC audio input on the television.

If the input is a stereo pair (red and white), then just get a stereo mini to red and white female. Attach a pair of audio cables to that, and then on the PC end do the same thing.

If none of those connections are present, then Pioneer probably just decided to only allow the television as a display, expecting you to the hook up the computer to an alternate audio output device , like a preamp or reciever.

If you have a surround sound system, then you can just run VGA to the TV and (depending on your sound card, you may have a Digital Coax out or a optical out on your sound card) run either a optical, digital coax, or a stereo pair, coupled with a stereo mini to female RCA on both ends, to the desired input on your audio pre amp or reciever.

I hope this was helpful.

TV: Sony 50' A2000 1080P Display
    Speakers 6.2 set up: M&K S-150 (3X Fronts), M&K SS-150 (3X Rears), M&K MX1250SF Sub (2X)
    Reciever: Denon AVR-2807
    Amplifier: B&K Ref 200.7 Seven Channel Amplifier
    Blu Ray Player: Sony Playstation 3 60 GIG
    HD DVD Player: Toshiba HD-A20
    DVD Player: Sony DVP-NC85H 5 Disc upconverting DVD changer
    Remote: Logitech Harmony 880

Blu Ray movies: 58
    HD DVD Movies: 4
    DVDs: 1,200
    Hey, you're in luck. That Pioneer does have a PC input for sound. It's labeled,

AUDIO (STEREO)

PC INPUT

It's right below the optical input on the back of the television.

So yeah, all you need is a long stereo mini cable. You can get fourteen foot ones at radio shack or best buy.

TV: Sony 50' A2000 1080P Display
    Speakers 6.2 set up: M&K S-150 (3X Fronts), M&K SS-150 (3X Rears), M&K MX1250SF Sub (2X)
    Reciever: Denon AVR-2807
    Amplifier: B&K Ref 200.7 Seven Channel Amplifier
    Blu Ray Player: Sony Playstation 3 60 GIG
    HD DVD Player: Toshiba HD-A20
    DVD Player: Sony DVP-NC85H 5 Disc upconverting DVD changer
    Remote: Logitech Harmony 880

Blu Ray movies: 58
    HD DVD Movies: 4
    DVDs: 1,200

Default 2 ways to get audio over

1) You could use a 3.5mm Male/Male cable

Connect this cable from your headphone jack on your PC to the audio input of the TV

2) Use a 3.5mm to Dual RCA cable and use the standard audio input on your TV:

3) If you want to use the speaker output from your PC, there is a cool feed-thru cable that will do the trick:

You can find all of these reasonably priced at ShowMeCables

Hope that helps
    After going through this my self, I found the best route (if available to you) is to buy 3 stereo miniplug to stereo RCA (i.e. 2 rca plugs out) converters and plug them into the multi channel analoge in's. Side step all this digital coax nonsense.
    Toshiba 55" 55HT1U LCD (1080p@24fps) w/Tivo HD, Harmony 880
    HDM Players: Toshiba HD-A30, Samsung BD-P2500 (wow! reon!)
    Onkyo TX-605SR, F Polk Monitor 50s bi-amped, C CS1, Yamaha sur & sub
    X-Box 360, Wii, DreamCast, DS
    HDM Count - Hopless
    Wii: 0774-4826-1902, Disney: Guest13971, WB: crazzeto Uni: Locutus4657 Sony: crazzeto

*view pictures of my home theater and movies (out dated)
    Quote Originally Posted by StarThorn View Post
    Title says it all.

I hooked up my PC through VGA cable to my Kuro 5080. I see the picture just fine but I am not able to get sound to come out from my TV speaker or speakers that are plugged into my computer. BTW I'm viewing this webpage right now on my TV. Can I please get some help fast?
    Be careful when not viewing movies from the PC on your Kuro and just web browsing. I have the Elite FHD1 and desktop images retain very easily.
    Theater: JVC X30; Denon AVR3313CI;DefTech's (1)CLR2500 (2)BP7002 (2)BP1.2X (Sub)VK-12; Mac Mini (8)TB Media Storage; Sony S390 (3D BD) XBOX360 Slim, Sony CX960 (400 BD changer)
    Main RoomElite ProFHD-1;RX-V673;(2)BP8020 (2)BP6 (1) CS840HD
    MBR: Sony KDL46W5100, RX-V471; (3)BIC M-80's
    (PSN ID: badasscabletech)& (MrFlosstein)