Default Sony STR DG510 + PS3

Hey, I've been following this forum for a few weeks now, this is my first post.
    And.. I need a hand

I just bought a Sony STR DG510 Multi Channel receiver as a surround system for my PS3.

But I've got the following problem:
    I just discovered, and that's something the store didn't tell me:
    the 510's HDMI ports only support video input (which it then send trough a hdmi output to my HP Display (sorry no money for a real TV, but my 24" HP W2408 will do for now). In other words, no audio input via the HDMI port, something I had hoped for..

So.. how do I connect my audio?
    this is the backside of the system:
    www . sonystyle.com/wcsstore/SonyStyleStorefrontAssetStore/img/products/STRDG510_rearpanel . jpg

At the moment I use (as a temporary solution) the component (red white) for audio-output and the HDMI is directly connected to the display so the video signal doesn't pass trough the DD510.
    Video-wise, no problems, but that doesn't give me the surround I bought the system for, only a (although very good) stereo sound.

So 2 questions:
    1) (cheap solution) is there a way to use HDMI for audio input with this device that I don't know of?
    2) (means going to the store again) if I buy myself a decent optical audio cable and connect it to the 'optical out' on the PS3 and the 'optical Video 2/BD In' on the DG510 it should work, right?
    The DG510 then sends the video trough the HDMIports to my display. And if I set the audio output of the PS3 to Optical Out, I get surround sound too.
    Correct mme if I'm wrong please

Thanks in advance

Thomas

And as an extra bonus question:
    if anyone knows what the best setup options are audio-wise on both device, it'll help A LOT

(message to the admins/moderators: if I can't post the url here, no problem, I'll delete it.)
    Last edited by Thomas421; 01-11-2008 at 11:03 AM. Reason: general spelling
    Yup, you're going to have to use an optical cable to get sound to the receiver. should be pretty straight forward on both devices. On the receiver, it should say next to the optical port which input it is associated with. The PS3 will probably automatically output sound through optical, just make sure it is set to dolby to get 5.1
    Samsung LN46A550 LCD TV
    Onkyo TX-SR605
    Polk RM6750 Speakers
    HD-A2
    40gig PS3
    40gig AppleTV
    Harmony 880
    just as I thought

I just needed some confirmation

thanks
    I only buy blue, cause I can't affort purple
    --