Closed Thread 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last>>

Default What is the smallest screen 1080p tv?

I am looking for a 1080p LCD TV for small room, anyone know of one that is under 30"? /n00b
    I ignore people with political signatures because I don't come here for stupid propaganda.
    If you find one I would hope it comes with binoculars or something.
    Theatre:
    Mits WD-73732;Pioneer Elite VSX-91TXH;Martin Logan Purity's;HD-XA2;BD-P1400

Bedroom:
    Denon AVR3803;Definitive ProCinema1000;HD-A20
    You don't need 1080p on a TV that small unless you're watching it from a foot away.
    Proud Member of the DC Fanboy Club
    so there is no loss in detail from 720 to 1080?
    I ignore people with political signatures because I don't come here for stupid propaganda.
    I'm assuming you mean from 1080 to 720...the answer is of course there is less detail but unless you're sitting extremely close to a display that small your eyes will never see the difference.
    Theatre:
    Mits WD-73732;Pioneer Elite VSX-91TXH;Martin Logan Purity's;HD-XA2;BD-P1400

Bedroom:
    Denon AVR3803;Definitive ProCinema1000;HD-A20
    yes that is what I meant. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindibudd View Post
    I am looking for a 1080p LCD TV for small room, anyone know of one that is under 30"? /n00b
    Gateway has a great LCD monitor, not a tv as it does not have the cable connections.

http://www.gateway.com/accessories/p...00R.php?seg=hm

but its 24" 1080P and a fantastic PC monitor, I use it for a secondary monitor.

that being said, try googling for your best answer.
    you would want a 1080p small tv if you use it as a computer monitor too. thats why 1080p was very important to me.

but i agree on that 24" Gateway PC monitor is AWESOME. Has DVI, HDMI, and i think 2 components. looking at the monitor at work too it looks amazing.
    Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plasma
    Pioneer VSX-1018AH Receiver
    X-Box 360 & Nintendo Wii

HD COMBO PLAYER: LG BH200
    HD DVD PLAYER: Toshiba HD-A20
    BLU-RAY PLAYER: Sharp Aquos BD-HP20
    HD MOVIES: 201

My HD Movie Collection
    Let's take a step back and find out what is actually appropriate for your 'small' room.

HOW FAR ARE YOU REALISTICALLY GOING TO BE SITTING?

At 6 feet, you don't really want a display under 32 inches. At 12 feet, 60" is easily the right size to go with.

More accurately, at 6 feet, according to THX standards, you want a display 48" WIDE! That's over a 50" diagonal to conform with those standards.

To often people say "I want something this size xxx" and then they sit 10 feet from the display... and it's simply wrong. If you are in a small room, first figure out your realistic seating distance, then determine the size you need. Don't decide when you are a noob that you need a certain size, yet have no clue WHY or IF that size is appropriate for you.
    This is a calculator for how big, optimally, the screen size should be for any given seating distance. For 24" it's six feet.

http://www.dtvcity.com/lcdtv/lcdscreensize.html
    Format neutral, but glad it's over.

Insignia 32" CRT HDTV (1080p)
    Sony STR-DE598 (6.1)
    60GB (Component/SPDIF) (PSN ID: LitBolt)
    Nintendo Wii
    Toshiba HD-A3

: 14 (Newest: Life of Brian)
    : 2 (And that's all I'll ever have)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindibudd View Post
    In answer to your question unless you go with a 1080P computer monitor around 20 inches the smallest 1080P LCD TV on the market is the Sharp. The Sharp LC-32GP1U and LC-32D62U both are 32 inch 1080P LCD HDTV. They are only 60 HZ native refresh rate so it will not give you correct 1080P/24 refresh rates.

http://www.sharpusa.com/products/TypeLanding/0,1056,s67-4-0,00.html

Also what AV integrated said in post number 9 is correct. You need to determine how far you will be seating from the screen. If you are a foot or two from the screen a 32 inch should be fine. 10 feet away a 70 inch screen would be ideal for 1080P quality. If you are watching lower quality 720P or 480I you can seat much further away since the quality is not that good. A 1080P display allows one to seat much closer to the display since the details are excellent.
    Some people that have BLU-RAY and HD-DVD Notebook computers with 20.1 inch 1080P quality screens seat one foot from the screen and have the Notebook computer in their bed on top of them enjoying the movie. Makes the image look like a big screen since one is seating so close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slove View Post
    you would want a 1080p small tv if you use it as a computer monitor too. thats why 1080p was very important to me.

but i agree on that 24" Gateway PC monitor is AWESOME. Has DVI, HDMI, and i think 2 components. looking at the monitor at work too it looks amazing.
    I'm using a Samsung Plasma as my computer monitor. Yeah 42" is great but not at 1024x768. I'm either gonna get a 4065f or a notebook....I'm heavily leaning towards the new TV just dreading trying to ship my plasma.
    Quote Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post
    Don't decide when you are a noob
    I hear it in gaming all the time but that was the first time I've ever heard anyone called a home theater noob. CLASSIC!!! No offense to the OP I just found it hilarious.

AV are you cool with my sig?
    If not I'll remove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    I hear it in gaming all the time but that was the first time I've ever heard anyone called a home theater noob. CLASSIC!!! No offense to the OP I just found it hilarious.

AV are you cool with my sig?
    If not I'll remove it.
    Yes, your signature is fine. The term noob is used all the times on the other forums I moderate over at Projector Central. It applies as well at Audioholics. As far as A/V stuff goes, there are far more informed sites than this one for video and audio technologies. To many audiophytes spreading misinformation around here instead of the basic raw science.

Proper THX seating = 1.5x screen width (not diagonal). That's a 96" wide screen at 12 feet viewing for 'proper' cinema effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post
    Yes, your signature is fine. The term noob is used all the times on the other forums I moderate over at Projector Central. It applies as well at Audioholics. As far as A/V stuff goes, there are far more informed sites than this one for video and audio technologies. To many audiophytes spreading misinformation around here instead of the basic raw science.

Proper THX seating = 1.5x screen width (not diagonal). That's a 96" wide screen at 12 feet viewing for 'proper' cinema effect.
    Is that measured to the edge of the seat or the eye ball? I ask because I just bought a 52" Lcd that I use for my computer screen and view movies on occasion. The screen is 84" to the tip of my nose. Could I have gone bigger?
    My Theater:
    Panasonic AE4000U Projector, 100" Elite Screen, Onkyo TX-SR606 Reciever, Klipsch Synergy F1 Towers, C1 Center speaker with B1 bookshelf Surrounds, 2 Boston Acoustics 12" Subs, 1 KLH 10" sub behind my chair (don't knock it till you try it!)
    Sony PS3 60g, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung BD-UP5000, Sony 400 disc BDP-CX960 Blu-Ray changer