Default anyone have a samsung TV with game mode ?

just bought my first decent LCD tv (own a vizio but lets not talk about it, please). so its a samsung LN-T405HA and I'm really pleased with it over my sony KD34XBR970.

so the samsung has something called a game mode for the picture. when game mode is on the picture is dull and much less colorful. is game mode something to protect the screen during gaming? it just looks way better with game mode turned off
    Last edited by Prime Winner; 12-24-2007 at 12:36 AM.
    no, its just preference,

The new game mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button. This new Game Mode has been tested and proven by Microsoft engineers that know how games should appear on television.
    I personally dont like it, It makes the picture too washed out and the Sound is such garbage, its sounds like its on a Full Bass Preset. I do like that you can tell that the video runs a bit faster, but I am okay without it.

check this out....

samsung.com/ph/hdtv_interactive/module_6_8.asp
    I dont use it on my 50" plasma

I find it makes things too dark... Unless you're using the built in speakers I dont see how it can improve sound.
    I don't use it either. I have my own custom settings that I use anyways so I just leave it on that.

And I agree about it not helping the sound.
    TV: Samsung LNS4092D
    AVR: Yamaha RX-V463
    Speakers: Klipsch Quintet SL Series
    Subwoofer: Klipsch Sub-12
    Player: PS3
    : 200
    : TheRescue