Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Setup

illegalprelude is offline Founding Member

Cool Post your equipment setup here

Alright as some of you have noted from some of my other threads and or my sig, I own a few toys. Im all about home networking and bringing the PC to the living room and the living room experience to the bedroom. So from Surround SOund downstairs, to iTunes being streamed to the stereo while having a wireless keyboard and mouse hooked up to the laptop to the TV to surround sound for the PC and Mac in the bedroom is where im at. Hopefully, once all my goodies arive, i can take pictures and post my setup

Having said that, im interested in everybody elses setups. From your 19" TV to your PS2 to the 5 Plasma tv's for a true 360 view, post em with pictures and or write. This way, you can learn about new setups and or ask questions, comments and concerns so post away and ill soon be adding my own tad bit to it
    Last edited by jed; 10-24-2006 at 12:58 AM.
    "PeAcE is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past"
    PowerMac G5 + MacBook Air+ Custom Gaming PC + PSPgo +500GB PlayStation 3 (Linux) + Xbox 360 Elite + Harmony 1000 + TiVo Series 3+ XM + Panamax 5100 + Sony 60" SXRD + Denon 2807 + Onkyo 6.1 Surround + AppleTV+ iPhone 3GS
    PSN: Fusion_Id
    It dreams in Blu-ray

Tejstar is offline Super Moderator

Good idea - I'll post some pics soon!

DarkKnight2k4 is offline Founding Member

That sounds like a good idea. I have to take some new pics any way...

No to mention I am still waiting for my A2 and my Xbox 360 players. I would love to see some of your set-ups.

jporter is offline Founding Member

My setup's not real fancy, but I've been enjoying it. I never thought I'd have much of a home theater setup, but when we finished our basement last winter, the designer came up with some space for me...
    Equipment:
    Mits 52628 (DLP 1080p)
    HD-A1
    Pioneer 815
    Infinity TSS750 speakers
    Mits HD2000 DVHS Deck
    Comcast with CableCard
    XBox 360

There may be a better way to do the photo but at least I got it here... I've since replaced the sofa and chair with a sectional, but this photo shows the HT a little better without the bigger furniture in the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jporter; 01-25-2007 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Added equipment

MrChaos is offline Member

I'll have to take some pics this weekend. Nothing completely amazing, but it gets the job done for me. If only I had more money, something higher might result

But a quick list:

Upstairs - PowerMac G5 w/ 20" Cinema Display next to a 17" Studio Display
    Intel iMac 17"
    MacPro Dual 2.66GHZ Intel
    PowerMac G4 667Mhz
    Gamecube
    N64
    Snes
    Genesis
    Sega Cd/32X/Saturn
    PS1

Downstairs:
    iMac Flat Panel 17"
    34" Sony
    HD-A1
    Xbox
    Xbox 360
    PS2
    5 Sony Speakers/Sub Package
    30" Sony Wega
    5 Shelves for DVD's (2 for films, 3 for TV shows) and an endless amount of hi-def films. Speaking of this, how are people storing these? Next to regular SD-DVD's or a separate shelf?
    Last edited by MrChaos; 10-20-2006 at 01:23 PM.

MentokTheMindTaker is offline Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by jporter View Post
    My setup's not real fancy, but I've been enjoying it. I never thought I'd have much of a home theater setup, but when we finished our basement last winter, the designer came up with some space for me...
    I was just thinking that is a perfect spot for your HDTV and I was going to ask if
    it used to be a fire place or something. That is really cool that the designer did
    that for you. Did he charge you extra for that addition or did he cut you a deal?
    I love all High-Def media regardless of format.
    My home theatre:
    HDTV: LG 55" Passive 3D LED HDTV 240Hz
    Receiver/speakers: Yamaha YHT-270 5.1 650 Watts
    Blu-ray player: PlayStation 3 20GB with a 250GB drive installed
    Cable: Comcast X1 DVR with HBO
    Remote: Logitech Harmony One

grover is offline Founding Member

I love my setup. It's perfect for our small, older house...

Westinghouse 42w2 1080p LCD
    Onkyo 7.1 Receiver (with analog hookups)
    HD-A1
    Tivo Series 2
    TWC 8300HD DVR
    Xbox (Modified with XBMC)
    Samsung 841 (Upconverting DVD player)
    Logitech Harmony Xbox 360 Remote (I don't have a 360, but it's cheap and has lots of buttons)

I have the Xbox, Tivo, and A1 hardwired through a switch to my router upstairs. I use my PC and NAS upstairs to serve up music, movies and DVD's through my Xbox. Although, I'm rarely watching DVD's this way anymore, because the A1's upconversion is so much better than anything the Xbox can provide.
    Name:  My Setup.JPG
Views: 386
Size:  65.3 KB
    Last edited by grover; 10-26-2006 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Oops, left something out

Here's mine!

Not a great picture as there was too much sun - but you get the idea!

Alright, time for me to give a little info about myself and how its all been put together. You will see lots of equipment listed within this setup but no its not from some over night bank robbery. This setup has been a work in progress for a few years and with the Advent of the PS3, will hopefully be in the final stages (till I need to upgrade my surround and to the PS4 )

Equipments:
    Linksys and Netgear G (54mps) Router
    Vaio FS550 Laptop, Vaio Desktop, Custom Gaming PC, PowerMac G5
    PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3 soon, Xbox, 360, Gamecube (slew of accessories and games)
    Onkyo 6.1 Surround, Onkyo 602 Receiver
    Sony 60" SXRD LCOD, 20" Optimus (w00t ) (with built in VCR, hells yea)
    5 Disc Sony Changer, Sony DVD
    3 External HDD (with all the units HDD added, (including other computers) I will be commanding a little over 2.5 terabytes)
    HP 2710
    Apple Airport Express
    TiVo Series 2
    Panamax 5100 Line Conditioner

Alright, so thats just a small overview of my setup that takes command over the entire house spectrum. Now, one thing that ive always touting about and why ill be loving my PS3 is for Networkings sake. I have a series of networks between all computers that allows me to share files, music, vidoes, and whatever else I want between my computers, receivers and TV. Ill start with upstairs and work my way downstairs.

Upstairs:

Downstairs, sits our Cable Modem (next to our Cable Box) and it is plugged into the Linksys Router. From there, a 50' Cat6 Cord follows the side of the living room, upstiars into my bedroom into my Netgear Router that the main house network resides on. From the Router, a signal is taken to the back of the PowerMac G5, my Custom PC. Then a Cord is taken to the back of the PS2 (Socom 3 online, oh godddd) and a cord to the Xbox (halo 2 online, yummie).

Now, on this Sony Stand sits my lovely 20" Optimus TV with built in VCR (although my sister busted it years ago. I now have a spare 36" Magnavox but ill have to see if the picture on that unit is better or my Optimus (seems that its a tad too dark when playing night maps in games like Socom and the reds bleed for sure). Now, under this stand sits a Sony Progressive Scan DVD player. That unit, with the PS2, GameCube and Xbox are all plugged into a system selector, from there, a cord is taken back to the TV via RCA and then Audio is received via 5.1 Logitech 5300zx Surround Sound.

The logitech is also hooked up to my Gaming PC. The PC is a PT 3.4 HT, 1GB DDR2 HyperX Dual Channel Ram. 2 Sony Dual Layer DVD Burner, Sony Floppy (i had to throw it in there, it was funny lol) All in 1 Card Reader, Bluetooth, Radeon X800 Pro, 550 Watt Antec Power Supply, 180GB HDD and 500GB HDD (both internal) and Sony 17" XBrite LCD, Also, the PSP sits on a dock with power and USB hooked for easy fast transfer of content. Hooked up to APC Battery backup.

Now, next to this unit sits my PowerMac G5. 1.6ghz, 1GB Ram, 180GB HDD, 17" Apple LCD, SuperDrive, Radeon 9600. Additional 320GB HDD and 250GB HDD are hooked up via Firewire 800, with a Sony 2.1 Speaker hookup. Then hooked up on a dock are Sony CyberShot T1 and iPod MINI 4GB. The G5 is also using the Sony 17" as its dual monitor when needed with just an input change. Best part of having the cybershot on the dock is that everytime im down, i place it down, it charges and iPhoto opens up, sucks the pictures in, names and times and dates them and deleted out my camera. Also hooked up to APC Battery backup.

Now, the G5 and my PC are both on the network via the Netgear so they share files (amazing when im editing via Final Cut to get some pictures or files from one unit to the other or edit on the Mac, while testing out or exporting previous footage via the PC and rendering it) Now, so this means their both sharring my 2710 All in 1 HP Photo printer because that unit is Wireless and Bluetooth so it sits across the room in the corner and these 2 units and the Vaio Laptop downstairs all just print out of this unit. Also, all my music resides on my Mac, neatly organized in iTunes 7 with all album arts and such. Now all other computers in the house have access to this network and so they all share the same music.
    PowerMac G5 + MacBook Air+ Custom Gaming PC + PSPgo +500GB PlayStation 3 (Linux) + Xbox 360 Elite + Harmony 1000 + TiVo Series 3+ XM + Panamax 5100 + Sony 60" SXRD + Denon 2807 + Onkyo 6.1 Surround + AppleTV+ iPhone 3GS
    It dreams in Blu-ray

Sounds great illegalprelude - now where are those piccies?

jporter is offline Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentokTheMindTaker View Post
    I was just thinking that is a perfect spot for your HDTV and I was going to ask if
    it used to be a fire place or something. That is really cool that the designer did
    that for you. Did he charge you extra for that addition or did he cut you a deal?
    It was all done by the designer, I just told him what size HDTV and seating distance. I'm sure the charges reflected the work to do the cutouts and 'pillars'. This is the outfit that designed and built it in case you're interested: http://www.finishedbasement.com

MentokTheMindTaker is offline Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by jporter View Post
    It was all done by the designer, I just told him what size HDTV and seating distance. I'm sure the charges reflected the work to do the cutouts and 'pillars'. This is the outfit that designed and built it in case you're interested: http://www.finishedbasement.com
    They look like they know their stuff. Very nice indeed.
    I love all High-Def media regardless of format.
    My home theatre:
    HDTV: LG 55" Passive 3D LED HDTV 240Hz
    Receiver/speakers: Yamaha YHT-270 5.1 650 Watts
    Blu-ray player: PlayStation 3 20GB with a 250GB drive installed
    Cable: Comcast X1 DVR with HBO
    Remote: Logitech Harmony One

Alright, here is the upstairs setup picks. Then ill go take some downstiars pics and write that setup and post about that.

The ever so long 50' Cat6 coming into my room.

View from Distance

Another angel

Close up (w00t, PS1 games!, still have PS from launch date too, just in a box)

The Mighty PS2 (From Launch Date, working like a beast with Network and 40GB Hard Drive)

I own a few PS2 games? Just added FF12 and Socom 3: Comebined Assualt in 2 weeks

I really wish when you turned on the xbox, it would say in a deep throaty voice "XBOX!" seems fitting

Look, my GameCube. Got it only for Final Fantasy: Christal Chronicles lol

My love, PSP (also launch date unit). Its easily the best electronic unit ive bought. Been wanting to get a 4GB stick for it but with news of 8GB, ive been debating

Just got Killzone and Ace Combat X. I personally, love UMD movies as you can see. Newest addition is X-Men: The Last Stand
    It dreams in Blu-ray

I love movies?

The Router that makes it all possible

A view from the distance

The "eat your soul" PowerMac G5. The iPod is MIA!

Sony Monitor (thats my Cooper on screen )

Part of the 2.5 Terabytes happens here lol 3 Externals there.

The computers name on the network is "MacWanabe" lol
    It dreams in Blu-ray

Logitech fan indeed

A Vaio sub for the Mac

EVerybody needs BatteryBackup. I got 2 just to make my setup work

Wireless Printer makes owning multiple computers worlds easier

Everyroom needs a MINI Firdge

Its not easy running all this....

now believe me, these wires in some ways are managed. This is about as clean as I could make them with it also being functional. If anybody has suggestions, please do let me know cause....yea...thats alot
    It dreams in Blu-ray

Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast