Thread: Lexicon MV-5

Default Lexicon MV-5

Anyone know anything about this product yet? I found a brochure on the net. I've always loved their stuff but can't afford 12K for the MC-12HD. This unit should be around 3K and has HDMI switching and 7.1 input.
    I am a Lexicon dealer and I haven't heard anything about this. I expect to be getting all this information at CEDIA.

I did find some PDF files of the RV-5 and MV-5 here: http://www.xs4all.nl/~etmriwi/forum/lexicon/

Apparently it's limited to 1080i on HDMI because they're 1.1a, not 1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
    Anyone know anything about this product yet? I found a brochure on the net. I've always loved their stuff but can't afford 12K for the MC-12HD. This unit should be around 3K and has HDMI switching and 7.1 input.
    Wow, I'm not sure the two of us are going to get along. You guys stole Bobby P dude. LOL Petrino went from about the best situation he could be in, to the worst situation a coach could be in. Talk about your bad luck.
    - cardpetree
    - cardpetree

I Love It All!

Louisville Cardinals Basketball 2013 National Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by cardpetree View Post
    Wow, I'm not sure the two of us are going to get along. You guys stole Bobby P dude. LOL Petrino went from about the best situation he could be in, to the worst situation a coach could be in. Talk about your bad luck.
    Ya, after having season tickets for the last four years I cancelled this year. Stupid Mike Vick, of all the players to be a total moron it had to be him!
    Quote Originally Posted by glocks out View Post
    I am a Lexicon dealer and I haven't heard anything about this. I expect to be getting all this information at CEDIA.

I did find some PDF files of the RV-5 and MV-5 here:

Apparently it's limited to 1080i on HDMI because they're 1.1a, not 1.2
    I called Lexicon and they said that it is supposed to ship next month. List price is $3500 but I have a buddy who is also a dealer and will get me one at cost (guessing closer to $2500). He also hasn't heard anything yet other than to expect an announcement at CEDIA.

So what will I lose if I only have HDMI 1.1? My TV is the first generation 1080p Sony SXRD which has to upconvert 1080i anyway so I'm not too worried about no 1080p output. Or maybe I should be?...
    You shouldn't lose anything with HDMI 1.1 if you don't have a 1080p set. You can still deliver multi-channel PCM audio to the processor.

Definitely pick it up though, Lexicon makes killer gear.