scohen is offline Staff

Default Apple Reveals Apple TV 4K with HDR and Dolby Vision Support

The new Ultra HD Apple TV model has officially been unveiled.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...-support/39920
    Check out my award winning experimental short film Broken Records

awarlock is offline Member

Probably the other thing that is a fairly big deal is that Apple stated that 4K movies will cost the same as HD movies. Typically on places like Vudu/Fandango, 4K movies are usually twice the cost of a HDX movie meaning $14.99 to $19.99 for a new HD release while a Ultraviolet 4K movie is usually $29.99. Add in the fact that Apple states that they will automatically upgrade any iTunes purchased HD movie, where possible, to 4K for FREE will save iTunes supporters a lot of money.

Every time a new video format comes out, you have to go through the process of buying a lot of the same movies over and over in different formats and that has been a financial pain for decades. Yes, I do remember and still own movies that are VCR, RCA Video Disc Player, Laserdisc, DVD, HD DVD, Blu-ray, etc. Now, Apple eliminates that financial burden by upgrading all iTunes purchased HD available movies for FREE to 4K, if possible.

With regards to video digital purchases, this is somewhat of game changer. Couple that with fact that Apple TV now or soon will be able to stream Vudu/Ultraviolet movies (now) and Amazon purchased movies (soon), the Apple TV will be able to stream virtually every major streaming app out there.

David Susilo is offline Member

Sadly no immersive audio support
    Follow my A/V twitter @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, Control4, HAA certified; CEDIA trainer.
    my home theatre

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Quote Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post
    Sadly no immersive audio support
    You really didn't expect Apple to give you that at that price point, did you?
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

David Susilo is offline Member

Considering they already include Dolby Vision, I don't think including capability just to pass through Atmos from Netflix is going to cost them a lot.
    Follow my A/V twitter @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, Control4, HAA certified; CEDIA trainer.
    my home theatre