Palmer is offline Administrator

Default Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3060 Network AV Receiver: HDD Review

With nine channels of amplification, up to 11.2 channels of processing for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, and 4K / 60P / 4:4:4 / HDR / HDCP 2.2 passthrough capability, Yamaha's AVENTAGE RX-A3060 is one heck of an audio/video media hub. Please check out our review.

http://hdgear.highdefdigest.com/4479...vreceiver.html

Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

Hi Michael. Thanks for the screenshot of the setup screen. For so many years my biggest turn off with Yamaha receivers has been the 8-bit style graphics on screen.
    I agree with your word of caution regarding Dolby Vision. It should not make a difference but when I go 4K I am jumping in with both feet - including Dolby Vision capability.
    For me I would likely be only adding two more speakers (overhead) so I would only need the 9 amplifiers. It wasn't too long ago that we were still stuck with 7 amplifiers so we're definitely going the right direction!
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Palmer is offline Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Hi Michael. Thanks for the screenshot of the setup screen. For so many years my biggest turn off with Yamaha receivers has been the 8-bit style graphics on screen.
    I agree with your word of caution regarding Dolby Vision. It should not make a difference but when I go 4K I am jumping in with both feet - including Dolby Vision capability.
    For me I would likely be only adding two more speakers (overhead) so I would only need the 9 amplifiers. It wasn't too long ago that we were still stuck with 7 amplifiers so we're definitely going the right direction!
    Actually, the Yamaha GUI is pretty good these days (most other other pages in the Menu system, like the speaker layout, are far cleaner and more modern than that particular **setup** screengrab). However, the standard bearers remain Denon/Marantz and Sony, IMHO.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with 2016 & 2017 model AVRs. I've heard that they are technically NOT DV certified, but from a specification standpoint, passthrough shouldn't be an issue, so it's a bit of a wait-and-see at this point until we can start testing. The great news is that, thus far, the announced DV UHD Blu-ray players have dual outputs.

And, yeah, it's an embaressment of riches in the AVR landscape. 2017 even has a bunch of 11-channel (powered) AVRs from Denon, Onkyo, Pioneer, and Integra (I have the DRX-R1 in now for review), which makes the whole thing a little eaiser.

Cheers.