Palmer is offline Administrator

Default LG E6 OLED 4K/3D Ultra HD TV: HDD Review

We got our hands on the LG E6 OLED Ultra HD TV with support for Dolby Vision, HDR10, and 3D. It's not cheap, and you probably don't want to put it in an exceptionally bright room, but this handsome display produces anoutstanding picture quality with a variety of content. Check out our review!

http://hdgear.highdefdigest.com/4167...6_oled_tv.html

DanzBorin is offline Founding Member

I have a question... I have a lowly LG LCD model. It's a 2016 model so it does HDR-10 and Dolby Vision as well. I see absolutely nothing that would indicate Jessica Jones (or many of the things that are advertised on websites as HDR content on Netflix is actually HDR. Nothing shows as HDR on Netflix at all, only Dolby Vision. I have heard that Jessica Jones, Luke Cage any many other shows are PLANNED to be upgraded to HDR, but are not currently. Can you confirm that when you went to Jessica Jones it said HDR, because nothing on Netflix reads HDR for me, only Dolby Vision.
    LG 75UH8500 w/ Tivo Bolt
    Onkyo TX-NR646 w/ Polk Audio RTi8s, RT35i, matching center and Klipsh 10" Reference sub

Quote Originally Posted by DanzBorin View Post
    I have a question... I have a lowly LG LCD model. It's a 2016 model so it does HDR-10 and Dolby Vision as well. I see absolutely nothing that would indicate Jessica Jones (or many of the things that are advertised on websites as HDR content on Netflix is actually HDR. Nothing shows as HDR on Netflix at all, only Dolby Vision. I have heard that Jessica Jones, Luke Cage any many other shows are PLANNED to be upgraded to HDR, but are not currently. Can you confirm that when you went to Jessica Jones it said HDR, because nothing on Netflix reads HDR for me, only Dolby Vision.
    Yep, it's all in HDR (aka HDR10) as well, but LG models default to Dolby Vision when detecting both. If you were to hook up a Roku Premiere+ or Roku Ultra to your 2016 LG, you would see the word "HDR" where you see "Dolby Vision" in the Netflix menu (there's a picture of this in the review). Basically, the Netflix app defaults what it shows you to the type of display you have. If you have 4K Dolby Vision, you see "Dolby Vision"... 4K HDR, you see "HDR"... 4K non-HDR, you see "4K Ultra HD"... or HDTV, you see "HD". I hope that helps.

Cheers.

I am using the on board app and Jessica Jones does not say HDR or Dolby Vision. Just 4K. Same with several other title that are advertised as having HDR.

I get 9 titles that show Dobly Vision.
    LG 75UH8500 w/ Tivo Bolt
    Onkyo TX-NR646 w/ Polk Audio RTi8s, RT35i, matching center and Klipsh 10" Reference sub

Quote Originally Posted by DanzBorin View Post
    I am using the on board app and Jessica Jones does not say HDR or Dolby Vision. Just 4K. Same with several other title that are advertised as having HDR.

I get 9 titles that show Dobly Vision.
    Then I guess those reports about JJ are wrong. I'll update the review.

I've been waiting for Luke Cage to get the treatment to watch it. I would love it if it sooner than later.

I always search for new releases in hope of more HDR content.
    LG 75UH8500 w/ Tivo Bolt