Default Denon Debuts the AVR-1912 Network Receiver

At $529, it's the cheapest 7.1 channel 3D capable receiver from Denon yet.

http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics...ew/681334.html
    I had to get it.
    I got it to replace my crapped out Onkyo 606.
    Still haven't calibrated my speakers, but I've already watched a few movies and listened to some music and noticed much fuller, more clear sound coming out of my speakers it's as if they woke up.
    All that without calibration ?????
    Sharp Aquos 52 , Center Polk CS2II , Tower Polk Montors 60 ,Surround 2 Quest + 2 KEF ,Subs + 2 Klipsch RW 10D and Klipsch RPW 10 , HD DVD A35 , XBOX 360 , PS3 , Sony BDP-S360 ,Bell IPTV , Pioneer VSX-1125-K , 100" Motorized Elite screen VMAX , PJ:Epson 8350
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckus81 View Post
    I had to get it.
    The calibration is almost idiot proof and takes less than 5 minutes. Place the mic where your head would be on the couch (I use a pillow to simulate my body and place the mic on top of that) and then tell the receiver to go ahead. Actually it probably prompts you when you plug the mic in. Then, just for giggles and more accuracy, place the mic in a couple other places in the room where people would sit just for good measure and you're done. They recommend 3 listening posts for room accuracy but the first post should be the primary.
    Quote Originally Posted by almadacr View Post
    All that without calibration ?????
    Oh don't get me wrong calibration is a must, I just didn't get a chance to do all that at the time of that post. By the time I hooked up the speakers and got through the sound test, it was too late at night to do the calibration.
    I tried to calibrate the speakers the next night when the kids were sleeping and my wife let me know I woke them up by sending me a text that she's going to kill me.
    I managed to do 3 out of 4 tests and now everything sounds a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    The calibration is almost idiot proof and takes less than 5 minutes. Place the mic where your head would be on the couch (I use a pillow to simulate my body and place the mic on top of that) and then tell the receiver to go ahead. Actually it probably prompts you when you plug the mic in. Then, just for giggles and more accuracy, place the mic in a couple other places in the room where people would sit just for good measure and you're done. They recommend 3 listening posts for room accuracy but the first post should be the primary.
    I do the same thing!
    So I'm lovin this receiver so far but I encountered a small problem.
    I might have to start a thread about this..
    So I ended up getting a Wii and haven't got around to getting the component cables for it so I ended up just hooking up the rca cables and no picture came out. Same thing with my Gamecube. The sound's there but no video.. Any thoughts?
    OK, no more issues. So far, so good.

I just noticed that the price of this has risen from it's MSRP of $529 a couple of weeks ago to $549 and has stayed there since. I'm using amazon and BB for referance, BTW.
    Glad I got it when I did. I would have been biting my fingernails waiting for the first sign of a price drop only to see it go up like this.