Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... Last>>

Default Paramount cancels HDDVD titles

From formatwarcentral
    "Paramount is telling retailers that the HD DVD titles The Jack Ryan Collection, Sweeney Todd and The Kite Runner have been canceled.
    Word is expected on Bee Movie and There Will be Blood soon."

Universal should do the same.
    Should.. but instead announce another combo format release that will probably have lackluster features in compared to the SD DVD. Whatever I'm not really excited about Atonement anyway so it's a rent no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by coconutz View Post
    From formatwarcentral
    "Paramount is telling retailers that the HD DVD titles The Jack Ryan Collection, Sweeney Todd and The Kite Runner have been canceled.

Oh this looks and sounds like reliable information!

How bout you post the whole stupid quote...Wait, here it is..

http://formatwarcentral.com/

"We read in the forums that Paramount is telling retailers that the HD DVD titles The Jack Ryan Collection, Sweeney Todd and The Kite Runner have been canceled.

Word is expected on Bee Movie and There Will be Blood soon.
    I guess those who managed to acquire The Jack Ryan Collection before it was recalled have somewhat of a collectors item!"

Whoa, that's one reputable website, itself becomes irrelevant now that the war is over and now has to succumb to getting information from forum posts. LOL
    User of Home Theater:

Panasonic HD-1080p/24 AE1000u, Pioneer VSX-94TXH 7.1 A/V Home Theater Receiver, DISH HD DVR ViP 622, Panasonic BD-35, Playstation 3 60 GB Blu Ray, Toshiba HDDVD XA2, 110" 16X9 Dalite Screen, 110" Carada 2.35 to 1 WideScreen, 7.1 Surround Sound Set up, Full Surround Power Amps, 2 400 watt subs, Mac Mini w/wifi 300 plus HDM titles and growing.
    From formatwarcentral

Let's include the whole quote (with a link supplied, shall we...)
    http://formatwarcentral.com/index.ph...hd-dvd-titles/
    We read in the forums that Paramount is telling retailers that the HD DVD titles The Jack Ryan Collection, Sweeney Todd and The Kite Runner have been canceled.
    What a great source, are they reading these smackdown forums for their sources now. Can we wait until an official Paramount statement from a reliable source comes.
    Collection (updated July 15, 2008)
    When this is an official announcement on the front page, fine. Until then, it's useless FUD.
    Ouch. That sucks for HD-DVD people that were hoping to get those... Still doesn't say how long until the BR versions of them either...
    Quote Originally Posted by rmoody View Post
    When this is an official announcement on the front page, fine. Until then, it's useless FUD.
    I'm a BR supporter and will QFT this post. Of course if it's proven true, then my previous statement applies.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmoody View Post
    It is on their front page. That's why I posted it. Don't worry though, you red fanbois will be able to upconvert them. You know, it's just as good.
    It is on their front page. That's why I posted it. Don't worry though, you red fanbois will be able to upconvert them. You know, it's just as good.
    Link? I've clicked around quite abit (including press releases) and haven't seen this information.
    Toshiba 55" 55HT1U LCD (1080p@24fps) w/Tivo HD, Harmony 880
    HDM Players: Toshiba HD-A30, Samsung BD-P2500 (wow! reon!)
    Onkyo TX-605SR, F Polk Monitor 50s bi-amped, C CS1, Yamaha sur & sub
    X-Box 360, Wii, DreamCast, DS
    HDM Count - Hopless
    Wii: 0774-4826-1902, Disney: Guest13971, WB: crazzeto Uni: Locutus4657 Sony: crazzeto

*view pictures of my home theater and movies (out dated)
    From formatwarcentral

Funny, but as of now, one of the biggest retailers AMAZON is still taking pre-orders...

I would imagine that Paramount might release through it's announcements then quit. They have not made any new announcements to speak of except There Will Be Blood which in fact has been pulled from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...S/higdefdig-20
    User of Home Theater:

Panasonic HD-1080p/24 AE1000u, Pioneer VSX-94TXH 7.1 A/V Home Theater Receiver, DISH HD DVR ViP 622, Panasonic BD-35, Playstation 3 60 GB Blu Ray, Toshiba HDDVD XA2, 110" 16X9 Dalite Screen, 110" Carada 2.35 to 1 WideScreen, 7.1 Surround Sound Set up, Full Surround Power Amps, 2 400 watt subs, Mac Mini w/wifi 300 plus HDM titles and growing.
    How about with the cancellation announcements we get Blu-ray announcements to go along with it?
    movies, movies, movies, games and movies
    I've received an e-mail about TWBB from Best Buy. Not the same as something official from Paramount, but I assume BB has been kept informed.

Pre-Order Update
    February 27, 2008

There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item.

The new release date is 04/15/2008. Your order details are listed below.

Get more information on this order by checking your order status.

There Will Be Blood-Widescreen Dubbed Subtitle AC3-HD-DVD
    Well i wouldn't bet at all surprised if it does happen.
    Petition: Make the iTouch Software Upgrade Free!!
    http://playstationlifestyle.net
    PS3 60GB (EU) - PSN: whoelse
    Best for gaming, best for movies, best for entertainment
    Retailers have been told that all HD-DVD titles from Jack Ryan on have been canceled. There is no doubt about this, it is official and comes straight from Paramount.
    Shop At The #1 Store In The DVD World And Save 30% or More! HDDVDWorld.Com
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieMinded View Post
    Retailers have been told that all HD-DVD titles from Jack Ryan on have been canceled. There is no doubt about this, it is official and comes straight from Paramount.

Guess they didn't tell Best Buy?